Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator

Light your torches

I've ducked this long enough. I've decided to show you my legs. Feel free to critcize as needed...just be gentle

Here is my assesment. I need to spend much more time on heavy basic movements and attempt to put on more size to bring them up to my upper body. Also, there is too much fat right now (which I have already acknowledged). As far as positives...I think I have decent shape and am relativly balanced. Kee[ in mind the lighting is not great either. Ok........lets here it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Light your torches-quads2.jpg  

Calves
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Light your torches-petes-calves.jpg  

Doc40 is offline Associate Member
    I think your legs look pretty good Pete. JMO. Keep it up, lookin forward to seein the ripped Pete. Peace, Doc.

Project X is offline New Member
    Ok now its my turn PETE 235

Bro you got some really good thickness in your quads and even they have good conditioning at our weight. Don't worry about the defintion Cardio and diet and little assistence from gear will take care of that. your body fat looks that of about 15-17% from pics, but remember how much mass you have gained during your ycle and if you are very strict with eating and cardio you may even gain a few pounds while sheeding the fat. My sugestion for getting lean is gradual caloiric drop and increase cardio. Secret to getting lean is to confuse the body constantly through manipulation of cardio intenisty and caloric fluctuation as well as mixing your weight trainig program. Number one rule always train heavy no matter what, but train smart and don;t get gung ho. remeber your emphasis nowis get retain everything and gain alitle. So just be consistent and patient and it will all come together in the end. If you need help just ask and I will assist I have just over 11 weeks to go before jr usas, but i'm still bulking and getting leaner. I'm one of people you have the ability to these. So basically I grow into contest shape. Again every one is different. BEst of luck on your goals

the project

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator
    Pete, your legs look fine, sure they can always be bigger, but that is true for most, legs take time to build, they are one of largest muscle groups small gains don't show the same as on bi's as example. Also calves look good, nice shape and fairly long muscle bellies, train them hard, they will be big.

Mighty Duck is offline Junior Member
    Man Pete, we get the torches burning and you piss on 'em!

Looking good bro! I wish I had legs like that, as the bf goes down I think you will be surprised at what you have under there.

Props bro- you've earned it!

Fullback57 is offline Associate Member
    Listen to all the bro's Pete....those wheels r looking pretty good

Thanks for the kind words everybody. I know I have some work to do....that's part of what I love about this game...watching the changes occur gradually over time.

"PX"...pretty close on the BF% but I'm actuall closer to 20%. I carry it on my mid section mostly. The rest of my body has less...but it is definately there as well!

I've dropped 11lbs in the past few weeks (down to 241lbs)....I plan on getting to 210-215lbs and seeing where I am compositon wise. Then I will further asess what I want to do from there. Thanks again everybody...keep the suggestions coming.

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

Cool There's something about the avatar . . .

The background looks like the picture was taken in a men's room. You've gotta wonder what someone would think if he walked into the men's room and found Pete making a muscle with one arm while snapping a picture of himself with the other hand. (I've never run into that, and wonder whether I would just have to stop short . . . and start laughing.)

Be that as it may, you can see the weight loss in the avatar itself, Pete. Much more bicep definition, and the chest is becoming more defined as well. Keep it up, bro - well done!

ann
    ann is offline Female Member
    I'm in agreement with everyone, once the b/f comes down and off, WALA, there will be what you have been working week in and week out on........ the muscle is there, that is more than obvious.

Calves look good...at least you have some

I'm in the same boat, waiting for the bottom half to catch up with the top half....whats up with that ???

Re: There's something about the avatar . . .

Originally posted by TNT
    The background looks like the picture was taken in a men's room. You've gotta wonder what someone would think if he walked into the men's room and found Pete making a muscle with one arm while snapping a picture of himself with the other hand. (I've never run into that, and wonder whether I would just have to stop short . . . and start laughing.)
    Funny you should mention that "T"....I was waiting for a lull in locker room traffic so I could snap it as quick as possible. One or two guys came in but they were very young and very small....so I didn't hear any laughing However, I was thinking the same thing "This looks ridiculous...I have to hurry up". Thus, the blurry pic

dane26 is offline Retired Moderator
    i think you've got good shape in your legs. you've got that sweep that i can't seem to acquire. like you said, after you're cutting is done you'll be able to see more lines. i think you should be happy with those wheels.....nothing at all to be ashamed of.

bigtraps is offline Member
    How hften do you shave? I would like to shave mine, cause it would help so much to see the Cuts. All the girls say not to shave. So i don't

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator
    don't shave... makes it grow faster and darker, that is why ladies don't like it, gets very sandpapery (is that a word) so your not very nice to "cuddle with" if you wax, grows in softer thus ladies don't mind. have legs waxed is not very painful.

Originally posted by bigtraps
    How hften do you shave? I would like to shave mine, cause it would help so much to see the Cuts. All the girls say not to shave. So i don't
    Don't laugh BT....but I don't shave. I have fine little black hair on my legs and arms. That's it!! Small patch on my chest and of course in other areas...but I am so NOT hairy!

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member
    Pete,

We all wish our legs were bigger...But I think ya got symmetry...and your calves are a good size helping with the overall symmetrical look.
    I know guys with small calves that just will not grow! Tuff deal when competing.

You are about to take 20+ pounds off. Your legs will but cut and if your waist is down....well than you'll be a bad/cut MOFO BRO!

Keep it up!
    MJ

One more thing Pete,

I'm enjoying watching you transform!
    Your dedication is paying off!

G-S Guest
    Thick, Pete, thick. That's all I can say. Good work.

Grocho is offline Associate Member
    Your a pretty big bro. good job.

big_guy is offline Associate Member
    bigT, girls saying not to shave?.. hmm... girls always compliment me on my shaved/smooth legs... lol

llbeastcd is offline Associate Member
    LI, NY... where it seems like everyone is on gear.
    Pete... I'd take your legs anyday. No flames bro. Great base and when you diet down, they will look shredded.

lil_josh is offline Junior Member
    Pete, your legs are way the fuck better than mine, looks like youre doin great, but room for improvement

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod
    Pete,
    The legs are ok. You know you remind me of another good friend of mine who has the same hang up about the legs when actually they (and you) really have nothing to worry about. You looking good bro.
    IC

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    Pete, you do not give yourself enough credit. There will be no flame thrower coming out of ANYONE'S artillery. They will look perfect when contest time comes. Trust me, they are there, and they are begging to come out. and they will. I'd kill for your size.

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    Your leg look fine to me mine are like twigs compared to yours..And you have got BIG feet.....

Ok.....I have to be honest with you guys (Bert can confirm this) and this is inexcusable. I've trained legs twice in the last 3 months!! I know I know...absolutely disgusting...and there is no reason a moderator (or anybody for that matter) should be talking about balanced training and not follow their own advice!!! I guess I fell victim to the upper body growth syndrome. I have made a decision, ala Arnold, I will no longer wear sweats when I train...shorts only as a reminder to work those wheels....maybe they will grow if I actually trained them

Bless me Father for I have sinned!

Pete, Know what today is?

Leg day! Hit the gym! No time like the present!
    mj

LI Ape is offline Junior Member
    The shape is good bro, as far as size, nothing a few sets of heavy squats cant help. Throw some front squats in too and get the quads thicker. Other than that you are on your way. I use to have the problem of small legs, now everyone tells me that my legs are huge, in my eyes they need more size though. Just squat, squat, pass out and squat.

defdaz is offline Associate Member
    'Just squat, squat, pass out and squat.'

Hee hee, so true!!

Pete - great diamonds mate.... you are rich!!!

defdaz is offline Associate Member
    Er, hang on - twice in three months?!?! And they look like that? Bloody hell! They'll explode if you actually train them then!

Canes4Ever is offline Banned

Thumbs up Flame ?

No way bro, you look great ! Peter don't ever think we'd flame you (the normal folks on AR). We respect you and your phyisque too much to ever do that.

Just to set the record straight, I wasnt flamin ya bro, just givin some input is all.

Originally posted by LI Ape
    Just to set the record straight, I wasnt flamin ya bro, just givin some input is all.
    LI A...no worries...I didn't for one second take your advice as a flame...that's exactly what I want. I can take the heat, I know I have some work to do. I truly value the input of everybody who takes the time to respond. I would rather an honest assesment of what I need to do...the compliments are nice, but I already know most of you respect me, so you won't hurt my feelings by saying "More heavy squats!! Impliment hack squats! or the one I need the most...If you don't train your legs... they won't grow. Get off you ass and blast those quads "

Pete if you want pm me, I will throw you some of the workouts I used. My pics are up if you wanna take a look at the results

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    Looking Good bro, nice legs an nice and thick in your avatar...good luck on your show in april...

Full Intensity is offline Anabolic Member
    Its hard to get a good sized legs, u'r already there

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    2 times in 3 months and they LOOK THAT GOOD?!!?!?

Man, BRB...I'm going to go jump off my roof.

This one is a little better....you all get the idea. BTW...thanks to LI Ape for helping me tweak my program. :V:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Light your torches-legs-2.jpg  

The Emperor is offline Associate Member
    Man Pete think how much you'll weigh when you build those puppies up...

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    Pete your legs are looking great bra, now the underwear, that is a different story. Give yourself some credit bro. wheels look good!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information