Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    hotrod1 is offline Associate Member
    yea ive seen some good progress with the dumbells.....but ive also seen good progress with incline barbell? Well im gonna try some new stuff and well see how it goes....ill keep you guys posted on how my progress goes.

peace

anymore things that i should work on ?????? (besides chest)

DirtyDog is offline New Member
    U look great dude!

With regard to the chest workout have you ever tried pre-fatigue methods?

My chest was once my weakest point on my upper body so I did the same thing that Narkissos suggests and reduced the volume of my chest workout. I then used a pre-fatigue method to train. Before I was doing around 20 sets just on my chest, you know all the flys and pressing in flat and decline but it was just too much. I was simply overtraining.

I then changed to a new method where I do 4 sets of flat dumbell flys as an isolation exercise to pre-fatigue my chest, then i do 4 sets of flat bench press straight after.
    The idea being you tire the pecs then when you come to the bench pressing the triceps and shoulders are fresh and can support the pec to work more intensly.
    If you try this and it is not enough to get the intensity you need go for another set of flys and bench press.

I did a system on the reps for both the flys and pressing where I go 12,10,8,8 but increase the weight slightly every set. If you go for more sets do 12,10,8,8,8. Im sure this would work whatever number of reps you do but that is how I did it.

I had more growth on my chest in 4 weeks doing just this than I had in 6 months on the old routine.
    I did this for 4 weeks then changed to doing the same but in incline positions (30-33 degrees) to work the upper chest for 4 weeks.
    To add variety from there I substitute flys with high and low cable cross overs but still do bench pressing.

I really blitz my chest hard and it takes me no longer than 15 minutes to train it every 5th/6th day. It usually takes five days for the ache to go away!

A point to remember is that flat flys and benches work the largest part of the chest called the sternal fibres, this is the lower two/thirds of the chest (from the striation down).
    I did this for the first 4 weeks to get bulk on my chest then did the incline for 4 weeks to work the upper third of the chest called the clavicular fibres to make my pecs fuller and squarer.

Hope this helps

YEA THAT REALLY HELPED THANX BRO! iLL TRY THIS TO AND ALL THE OTHER METHODS IVE BEEN TOLD SO FAR..........CANT WAIT TILL CHEST DAY

PEACE

DirtyDog is offline New Member
    Let us know how it goes and maybe put a new pic once you see some more growth.

If you have any more questions on that routine then just post or PM me.

By the way I only just looked at your calfs, they are sick mate!

What routine do you use on them? My calfs are so lame, when I wear shorts they make me look like a golf club cos ive got massive feet!

Not cool!

lol the big feet part is hilarious man!!!!lol......well for calves i dont do much i was just fortunate to be born with huge calves (mom) you know how that goes. Normally ill work them out once a week and ill do one big set on the seated calve raise.....ill put 2 plates and just start pumping out reps till i die out then i rest 10 seconds and pump out as many as i can till i get to 100..........the pump is f**** incredible!!! Try this out and pm me back on how they felt.

peace

thanx for the compliments

oh and remember to keep your form good and do the reps slowly

peace

does anybody know what i have to do to make3 it to teen nationals?

thetank is offline Anabolic Member
    sick wheels man!!! you look incredible.

thanx bro! You look bad ass to man .....how old are you? I wish i had your mass man!

peace

thetank is offline Anabolic Member
    thanks brotha
    i just turned 21..been lifting on and off for 3 years.
    peace
    tank

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrod1
    yea ive seen some good progress with the dumbells.....but ive also seen good progress with incline barbell? Well im gonna try some new stuff and well see how it goes....ill keep you guys posted on how my progress goes.

peace

dumbells are good for recruting more fibers and to be used as a shaping exercise. If you looking for mass then stick to your barbell movements(that goes for most movements including back,legs,shoulders,bi's and triss). Heavy sets in the 4-6 reps range. just my .02
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Hooligan is offline Associate Member
    weak point training: plateau's... what works for me too is remembering--

what can be mistaken for OVERTRAINING can actually be too little eating...also examine the small factors...how are you timing what you eat...are you getting enough sleep...do you have enough anabolic nutrient pathways that could be improved by shock (VO2 Max) cardio?

For me I find that I really can't overtrain...the more shock I give... as long as I'm backing it up with enough food I'll grow like a weed. Your body may react differently...but when I hit weak points as hard / frequently as I humanly can without damaging tendons/ligaments etc. and eat enough they grow. My $.02 cha ching. KEEP US UPDATED!

Edit again: Commenting on above posts I agree with the brothers that 4-6 rep range is best...but remember to switch it up...your body is the king of adaptation...do some days really large volume...and other days super high weight 1-2 rep sets...4-6 is a good core set range...but keep it switched up and keep your body guessing. Every so often throw in a week or two TOTAL off from the gym...It is a ****ty week or so cause you can't lift and you think you're getting smaller but you're really not...when you come back your system will be so recharged. That is one of the single best improvements I've made in my training...Hope it works for you bustin up some plateaus too bro.
    Last edited by Hooligan; 07-24-2004 at 05:41 PM.

GymBuff29 is offline New Member

Smile Off Season

I am 5'4", 151 lbs. My goal is to weigh around 175. Do you have any suggestions about off season diet for lean muscle gain? I was wondering if you have any off season pics?

Thanks,
    Ash

wildcatwrestler's is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrod1
    SWOLE,

i try alot of different stuff.....my chest workout is never the same and i usually use heavy weight and about 4 to 10 reps.......i do alot of dumbell presses and sometimes incline barbell presses but never flat barbell presses......i always do flyes and some cables......i thought maybe some drop sets and super sets would work but havent tried yet. My post workout meal is usually a shake wit 40 to 50 grams of protien and some blueberries, bananas, or strawberries.

what would you reccomend i do??????
    peace
    dips and wide arm pushups are some pretty good chest exercises.
    keep up the good work bro.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information