B_1
    B_1 is offline New Member

As Requested B1's Pic's Of The Wtc

Hello Everyone,

Here are some of my personal pictures that I took with a disposable camera. They have become one of my most prized possessions.

Most people that were not there cannot understand that my work at the WTC is perhaps the most positive thing that has ever happened to me.

New Yorkers are woven of high moral fiber and I happened to have worked with the best.

In the first 72 hours their was no chain of command. It was organized chaos at it's best. Within 10 minutes of being in the thick of things you were covered in gray ash, and even worse you had it in your mouth, nose, eyes, ears and everywhere.

When I was there all I could think about was being there. When I wasn't there all I could thing about was getting back.

Within the first ten minutes that I was there, I arrived at 12 noon on 9/11/01 I met a female welder, she gave me a marker and told me to write my SS # on my arms. I asked what for and she said that way they can Identify my body if something should happen........I kindly said "No Thanks"

That was the feeling of everyone there, we weren't worried about our own well being. We had a job as an American's, a human being's to search for any survivors.

My feelings were that this was my country, my city and this is personal.

Here are my pictures.

This one was the area that I had worked for the first week. This had become my office.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails As Requested B1's Pic's Of The Wtc-ground-zero-4.jpg  
    Last edited by B_1; 06-02-2002 at 05:29 PM.

B_1
    This was taken on 09/13/02. By that time FEMA had taken over operations. The WTC was under FEMA's control. The dude with the orange vest is FEMA. You can see what the extreme heat had done to the building on the left.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails As Requested B1's Pic's Of The Wtc-ground-zero-8.jpg  

B_1
    This is the Sun going down. As our Mayor was quoted as saying "It look like Dante's Inferno. It was as close Visually as I would Imagine hell would look like.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails As Requested B1's Pic's Of The Wtc-ground-zero-12.jpg  

Bert2 is offline Female Member
    Thank you for sharing those, B_1. Almost 9 months later and when I look at those photos, I still get that same feeling I had back then. I was actually re-reading some "Thank You" messages today that have been permanently mounted in our gym (sport facility) as it was turned into a shelter for several days for a large number of people who were in transit and got stranded here. It still brings tears to my eyes!

Thank you for all that you have done, from the bottom of my heart!
    It's supposed to be hard! If it was easy, everyone would do it! It's the "hard" that makes it great!

Ryanhallmark is offline Senior Member
    Those are really good pics..you said that it was on a disposable cammera, do you have any more?? I would like to see more if you did...ALso,maybe I missed it, but did you say that you were a cop? or not?

Steak Helmet is offline Associate Member
    Thanks for sharing....

THose are some great pics...

Thank you for sharing...

Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    Unreal pics bro...if you have any more please post them

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    That had to be one of the saddest days in the history of the world, so many innocent people died, for such a empty couse...Great pics Bro...

XXL

goldenFloyd is offline Member
    Originally posted by B_1
    This is the Sun going down. As our Mayor was quoted as saying "It look like Dante's Inferno. It was as close Visually as I would Imagine hell would look like.
    Thanks for posting these B1 bomber. My favorite pic. I made it my background. If anyone wants a copy, get them for your desktop size here:

800 x 600
    1024 x 768
    1600 x 1200
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails As Requested B1's Pic's Of The Wtc-gz_background_thumb.jpg  

Thread Information