znak is offline Senior Member

ABS- it can be done.

Here is proof that even old people can get back in shape. I am fifty years old. First pix is a two years ago. 180lbs about 25 body fat, second is now 205 pounds and about 10%

How did I do it? No other way on Earth-- diet and cardio.

And it feels great.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ABS- it can be done.-gut.jpg   ABS- it can be done.-gut2.jpg  

thickmass is offline Member
    must be a typo

I think u mean u went from 205/25 to 180/10

Quote Originally Posted by thickmass
    must be a typo

I think u mean u went from 205/25 to 180/10
    Nope, it is not a typo. When I weighed 180, my body fat was 25%.

I now weigh 205 and my body fat is about 10%

I have put on about forty pounds of muscle weight in three years. Lost fat, gained meat.

Arms went from 13" to 16", legs from 22" to 26".

But I hadn't seen my abs in almost 30 years!

with drugs?

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    haha, skeptic. A lot can be done naturally thickmass.

well I have a hard time believing that he dieted and jogged his way to a 40lb gain in muscle.

Maraxus is offline Banned
    Good job bro. Might want to do something about those hairy nips though

Quote Originally Posted by Maraxus
    Good job bro. Might want to do something about those hairy nips though
    what if he sent them over to you? lol

Fat Guy is offline Senior Member
    WOW.. There is Hope for me...I hope to look that good at 50.

HeavyHitter is offline Anabolic Member
    i agree w/ thick... its not normal to gain 25 lbs from dieting and cardio (fat to ripped) w/out any special help....

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    UH....... ok guys no need to flame him or question his results. Have you ever heard of a thing called genetics? And 3 years your telling me you can't put on 40lbs and drop bodyfat? Some people are too into steroids for their own good..... Diet is everything in this game..... if his diet was in check and his cardio was as well there is no reason over a 3 year span he could not achieve something of this nature. Hell I know I am half his age but in a year NATURALLY I have dropped about 5% bodyfat and put on a good 30-40 pounds. So why couldn't he do it? Stop being so skeptical....

And znak..... great job man. Keep up the hard work

<<LMO>>

smegs is offline Member
    100% leanmeout
    keep it up znak, lookin pimp

LookinToGrow is offline Associate Member
    Great job, buddy. I think its totally possible and you proved it.

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    Znak I believe has posted cycle info before that issue is not in question. I believe he is attributing his gains mostly to diet and excercise.

CutMeUp is offline Associate Member
    that is a sick stomach for a 50 yr old!!! way to go znak, youre an inspiration to us all

Quote Originally Posted by 1victor
    Znak I believe has posted cycle info before that issue is not in question. I believe he is attributing his gains mostly to diet and excercise.

I did the first 2 years nine months natural. Then I got my test level checked and discovered that although my body was beginning to look twenty again, my test level sucked (340) so I did a TRT cycle (200 cyp/wk), which is hardly in the anabolic range and barely leveled the playing field at all.

I lift 4 times a week to put on mass, but ripping is diet, diet, diet.

A fifty year old can really expect to put on about a pound and a half a month NATURAL, I did it. There is only one way-- correct diet (high protein, six meals a day), lift heavy (as you safely can with a spotter), and add weight or reps every session.

I competely agree with leanmeout! $hit, I really wonder what I could have done when I was twenty with a test level in the 800-900 range naturally, I bet I would be over 230 lbs!

If anyone keeps their diet clean for three years, goes to the gym four times a week and busts their a$$, they will gain a pound of muscle a month. PERIOD.

dirtybrit55 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LeanMeOut
    UH....... ok guys no need to flame him or question his results. Have you ever heard of a thing called genetics? And 3 years your telling me you can't put on 40lbs and drop bodyfat? Some people are too into steroids for their own good..... Diet is everything in this game..... if his diet was in check and his cardio was as well there is no reason over a 3 year span he could not achieve something of this nature. Hell I know I am half his age but in a year NATURALLY I have dropped about 5% bodyfat and put on a good 30-40 pounds. So why couldn't he do it? Stop being so skeptical....

And znak..... great job man. Keep up the hard work

<<LMO>>
    ERR.. he did a great job no lie, but for a fifty year old to diet and do cardio and still gain 40lbs of muscle is quite a feat without drugs, not impossible, but one could reasonably ask whether he used any little helpers. I personally dont believe that you can gain 40lbs of muscle AND drop 5% bodyfat if you are well trained before hand. If you were 90lbs before then maybe....

Quote Originally Posted by dirtybrit55
    ERR.. he did a great job no lie, but for a fifty year old to diet and do cardio and still gain 40lbs of muscle is quite a feat without drugs, not impossible, but one could reasonably ask whether he used any little helpers. I personally dont believe that you can gain 40lbs of muscle AND drop 5% bodyfat if you are well trained before hand.
    You hit the nail on the head, I was not not in good shape to say the least.

Read the post above. To gain, I lifted and controlled my diet, to cut I lifted, ran and controlled my diet.

It is completely possible to completely reshape your body without AAS.

To be honest, I am amazed that hard work is equated with drugs. When I posted the pix, it was cause I was kind of proud of the work I put in to change from a spindly armed, pot bellied engineer to a babe-magnet.

Next time you're in Russia, drop by the gym and we'll work out. I'll have you puking in less than a half hour.

Peace

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by znak
    To be honest, I am amazed that hard work is equated with drugs.
    Yeah, really.

That's only because those who have doubts don't know what it takes to achieve what you have, as you've done it and you KNOW.

I know first-hand this is entirely possible, so be proud of yourself!

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by znak
    Here is proof that even old people can get back in shape. I am fifty years old. First pix is a two years ago. 180lbs about 25 body fat, second is now 205 pounds and about 10%

How did I do it? No other way on Earth-- diet and cardio.

And it feels great.
    well mate you get zippo respect from me. You start this thread on a lie.

Typical Headline-grabbing statement that is misleading in the extreme.

It was not "no other way on earth - diet and cardio", it was full on weight training as well.

You should write the Hydroxycut ads...

kc
    kc is offline Female Member
    dang, that's a rockin set of abs....nice work man!

It was not "no other way on earth - diet and cardio", it was full on weight training as well.

He gets a lot of respect from me for doing what he did.

You're reading into things WAAAAAAY too much, and you're pissing on his parade. Maybe you are having a bad day, or you may be jealous he looks really good? Both?

Whatever the case, his point was that DIET AND CARDIO are NUMBER 1 in attaining a body composition change.

Of course he worked out, DUH, you're focusing on technicalities. I am sure you have other more constructive/productive things to do than to piss on someone's parade as you have. Surely you do, yes?

With his abs, I don't think he really cares about your respect!

~SC~
    Last edited by SwoleCat; 08-04-2004 at 08:09 AM.

Britguy is offline Banned
    thickmass tends to leave negative comments Swole, i think the bloke has done really well, by the way Swole u got any new pics? what are your stats currently mate?

Quote Originally Posted by Britguy
    Swole u got any new pics? what are your stats currently mate?
    Currently I'm at about 247 lbs........

My knees are 65-70% healed, so I'm still trying to train/recover like a football/pro athlete would. No shows this year for me, although I could enter some in November, but I'm focusing on some other areas of interest. (magazines, my website upgrades/updates/expansion, an interview in L.A. for some print-work/extra casting jobs, re-hab of knees, and training some others for shows, etc) Pics will probably come later this year.

Thanks for asking!

~SC~

birsling is offline Member
    Great job bro. There is nothing wrong with getting a little help once you have readied your body for it. I commend you! Nice work, and keep it up.

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    I just want to say congrats to all of our hard work!! 50 years old? Wow, you look fantastic and your dedication shows!!!! (there's hope for us all)

Chris

Hydroxycut sucks, so there is a job I won't take.

I stand by by statement. The only way to get your abs to show is diet and cardio. Conversely, the only way to gain weight is lifting and diet, but you may notice that the pix are of my gut and the fact that I put on a lot of LBM in the last three years was not the subject of this thread.

I did not get my stomach by lifting, it helped (deads and squats especially), but the abs that America is going ape-**** over can be acheived by diet and exercise. As a matter of fact, when I started working out seriously, I was doing abs everyday and doing deads and squats without a belt and my gut got HUGE. To cut it down, I stopped all ab work, use a belt and added cardio.

Thickmass-- sorry, I dont' get your respect, but heck, everyone has the right to spin these threads the way they want. I tell ya this tho dude, if you worked out with me for an hour, I would have your respect. Gvie me a call if your ever in Russia.

Thread Information