wiz
    wiz is offline Junior Member

Me, dont make fun

Stats
    18 yrs old
    5'9
    192 lbs
    Training for two years
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Me, dont make fun-nick1.jpg   Me, dont make fun-nick2.jpg   Me, dont make fun-nick3.jpg   Me, dont make fun-nick4.jpg  

fatfireman is offline Junior Member
    Hey they dont make fun here I posted my pics and they didn't laugh at me so youre fine. But you've got a good frame to stack on some weight so what are you goals

wiz
    My goals.
    210 Lean about 9-12%BF

I wanted to start a cycle but im thinking it over and just going to do clen and lots more cardio and do it natty for a while.

S R H is offline Associate Member
    good choice...

Yes at 18 y/o you need to be natural for another few years take it from me i started hitting gear before i had a strong base and do you know what i was always left with when the gear was gone. A body that couldn't support my new found muscle so it would go away. dont be like me strong houses have strong foundations and the same in reverse. other wise you will always let yourself down.

wiz
    would clen be alrite.. 2 weeks on/2weeks off?

how much cardio and dieting do you do now
    Last edited by fatfireman; 09-01-2004 at 07:56 PM. Reason: mispelled

wiz
    i do cardio after workouts for 30 min ED
    i eat about 4000 calories a day low carbs fats etc
    shoudl i bump cardio?

I would say you need to do your cardio in the mornings on an empty stomach. you need to get the diet in check too. As for the clen why not hold off and maybe do the eca or see how you progress with changes in your routine an eating habit. I only say this because i know from my experiance if you diet isn't in check whatever you do accomplish wont last. Also you can use the clen to break the platue after youve been dieting for awhile. also punch in cutting in the search tab and read read read there is some good advice out there by people who are living it. I'm reasearching my next move now.

wiz
    I lift in the morning on an empty stomach except for my multivitamin. My strength isnt bad though i just cant seem to drop BF.

why do u lift in the moring with an empty stomach? shouldnt u do cardio on an empty stomach. I did and i saw badass results hella fast

wiz
    i wake up and goto the gym

... ya i know man... but u lift. How are u supposed to get the most of ur workouts on an empty stomach!!! makes no sense whatsoever. I was saying that cardio on an empty stomach = good. cheers

Mass Quest is offline Associate Member
    good frame to build on bro.go to the diet forum and get yourself a good diet sorted it will work wonders.

Gaucho77 is offline Associate Member
    Lifting on an empty stomach, especially first thing in the morning is a terrible idea. You are sapped of energy at that point, and need to refuel. Ideally you should have 2-3 meals in you before lifting. Cardio should be done on an empty stomach with an eca or ecy stack, but definately not lifting on an empty stomach.

and also, lifting first thing in the morning is horrible because when you wake up is when the body is dehydrated of water, thats why alot of bodybuilders say they look their best when they wake up, because the muscles are deprived of water and look tighter. but doing high intensity training with heavy poundage while your muscles are in this condition is ASKING for an injury. also, it will be harder to get a pump, and of course strength decreases. if you don't feel like eating a big meal before training in the early hours, try having a protein shake with water, and throw in 1 cup of raw oatmeal into the blender as well. the oatmeal gets diced into tiny pieces and it will be easy to drink, and its not going to take 2 hours to digest. oatmeal is a fast digesting complex carb that will give you energy fast, unlike those high-sugar energy shakes they sell for 6 dollars at the gym. this is a tip i learned from the big Ruhl himself. Markus Ruhl.
    Last edited by anteriordeltoid; 09-02-2004 at 06:27 PM.

wiz
    Well see i dont lift first thing.. i usually chill for about and hour after taking my multi and than hit the gym. I actually feel so much more energized and my pumps are alot better. I have no other time to lift until next week and ive been doing it this way for the past 2 summers. Ohwell

bulldawg_28 is offline Senior Member
    Hey bro, try to get in a meal before lifting, even if its just a protien shake its better than nothing. Btw your traps look good! Keep lifting hard.

Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Well see i dont lift first thing.. i usually chill for about and hour after taking my multi and than hit the gym. I actually feel so much more energized and my pumps are alot better. I have no other time to lift until next week and ive been doing it this way for the past 2 summers. Ohwell

I think he needs to get more serious..but who am i to talk

listen to these guys and to the cardio on an empty stomach so u are burning FAT not the calories you just took in by eating. THEN lift later in the day once uve eaten enough carbs/pro/kcals... for sufficient energy and the sh*t ur body needs to grow and build muscle. good luck bro.

-bdub

slizzut is offline Senior Member
    Diet 101 by slizzut:

Diet and cardio are the 2 most important elements to shedding body fat. Its important that when you decide to start cutting you do cardio 5-7 days a week, in the morning on an empty stomach for 45-60 minutes. Your heart rate should remaind between 60-70%.

On Cardio/Lifting days diet goes as follows:

*Before cardio, add 1 teaspoon glutamine powder to a glass of water.
    **Take your ECA now if you choose to do so
    Cardio 45-60mins

m1(approx 30-40 mins after cardio):
    Pro/Fat.. 1 6-8oz piece of lean meat or tuna/1oz almonds(usually 28 almonds). Thats about 50g of protein/15g of fat.

m2:Pro/Fat Lean Meat, 2 tablespoons of natural peanut butter. Again should be around 50g of protein and 15g of fat.

m3: Pro/Fat 2 Scoops of whey and 1 tablespoon flaxseed oil.

-workout-
    m4(PWO): 1 scoop of whey, 1/3 cup of dextrose. Approx: 25g protein/50g carb

m5(PPWO): 6-8oz Lean Meat(NOT STEAK), and half a cup of brown rice. Approx 50 protein/35carb

m6(before bed): 2 scoops whey, 1 teaspoon glutamine powder, 1 tablespoon of flaxseed oil.

Now.. Cardio Only Days (Follow the food outline from above for your sources of EFA's(essential fatty acids) and protein:

Cardio 45-60mins
    m1: Pro/Fat
    m2: Pro/Fat
    m3: Pro/Carb
    m4: Pro/Fat
    m5: Pro/Fat

Lifting Only Days:

m1: Pro/Fat
    m2: Pro/Fat
    m3: Pro/Fat
    -Workout-
    m4(PWO): Pro/Dex
    m5(PPWO): Pro/Carb
    m6: Pro/Fat

Your lean meat can be chicken, tuna, or turkey. Steak and salmon can also be used but never as PPWO meal.

Enjoy bro, goodluck.

wiz
    thanks for all the comments, ive only been lifting in the morning since i got this new job which doesnt really allow much time anywhere else in my schedule. thanks for the input and ill try to follow it.

biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member
    no clen , its anticatabolic and should be ran with test

DJFactor is offline New Member
    good comments by ant-deltoid and slizzut! very good info. i lift in the morning as well, and i have been eating a bowl of oatmeal and drinking a protein shake on the way to the gym for the past few weeks (since i started a new job as well, just moved to Tampa--off tha hook! hah). anyway, seems to work for me. i have seen good results from this already, and i just eat a protein bar or banana and peanut butter at my desk once i get to work after lifting.
    if you want, split up your cardio and lifting days--just dont eat before doing cardio. thats the #1 rule. and your traps are diesel, kid. keep working!
    by the way, you NEED to eat something when taking that multivitamin, or its useless. you'll just p*ss it out. it needs help getting into your system, so eat something with it--like the oatmeal!

Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member
    i generally workout on two packets of plain oatmeal, i got all the energy in the world.

Rocket is offline Senior Member
    Nothing to "Make Fun Of" Keep training and working toward your goals!

Rocket

illuzions is offline Associate Member
    2 things...Diet and cardio...if done right you will see results.

TOMMY-GUNN is offline Associate Member
    straight up man, cardio in the morning on an empty stomach....do weights after you get off from work. that, with a great diet, and you'll be amazed by the changes. trust these guys....you'll be happy you did.

Connan007 is offline New Member
    Listen. Ripped fuel works wonders for helping to drop BF. Just don't take on an empty stomach. The two packets of oatmeal is perfect in the AM before your workout. The body doesn't have time to convert all those carbs into energy before your finished working out, so esentially you are using stored energy (a.k.a. FAT) during your cardio routine. Also remember that by working out (in addition to cardio) your body raises it's metabalic rate for 24 hours thus making your body burn more calories when your not at the gym. Good luck and keep up the hard work.

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Whats your current diet look like? If you're eating "low fats low carbs" than that means you have to be eating an ungodly amount of protein to get 4000 calories... post up your macros here.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by anteriordeltoid
    oatmeal is a fast digesting complex carb.
    I'd like to know how a complex (long chain/longer to break down/slower insulin release/longer digesting) carb is "fast digesting"??

W/the properties of complex carbs above in parenthesis, there is no way that could apply. Additionally, oatmeal is known as a slow burning carb, and that means the digestion of it is very slow as well. If it was not, you'd have a very quick insulin surge as well, and that's also not the case being that oats are low on the gi scale.

~SC~

ChiTownTommy is offline Senior Member
    there ain't nothing to make fun off, we all have to start somewere be glad you starting now and not 10 years from now, You have a good base if you plan on gaining size.

Thread Information