gibsonlpsd is offline Junior Member

some pics of me from this summer

just thought i would upload a few pics of me that were taken around the middle of the summer. i had just finished my cutting cycle (natural) that consisted of A LOT of cardio and a VERY strict diet. right now i am going through a bulking cycle and come this january i will go on a cut cycle again. i didn't take any back or leg pics, wish i would have. i will take so more pics come january at the end of my bulk cycle and then i will take so more at the end of my cut cycle. right now i have a lot more mass than i did then and weigh about 10 pounds more now, like i said, i was cutting then and i am bulking now. either way i just thought i would share pictures because i know a lot of other members do. i was debating doing a bulk cycle this winter, which would have been my first cycle but i decided to hold off for a little while. i still have a LONG way to go until i achieve what i really want. i will be busting my ass of in the weight room this fall/winter and hope i can get some good mass on me
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails some pics of me from this summer-3.jpg   some pics of me from this summer-5.jpg   some pics of me from this summer-6.jpg  

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    looks good bro, you should shave that chest hair!

Iowa is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jantzen4k
    looks good bro, you should shave that chest hair!
    agree. Id like to add nice shoulder veins.

nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    Lookin good...

RidinHard is offline New Member
    lookin ripped man..

AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member
    yeah, nice vein.

Oh...and be a man and shave ****it!lol.

muff-chaser is offline Associate Member
    good results man, if u shaved that hair u would look alot better in my opinion. keep up the hard work...

NotSmall is offline English Rudeboy
    I'm officially jealous!

HulkInsideMe is offline New Member
    Looking good man, does anybody know whats that muscle called on his waist, the part thats cut and what excersie actually brings those lines out on your waist? Oh and I usually see body builders with veins below their lower abs, how do you get veins to appear like that? By the way nice veins on your shoulder bro.

gibsonlpsd you were on a cutting cycle and you said it was all natural. Im currently on a cutting cycle myself, just wanted to know how was your cycle like ? Which cardio you've done, what was your diet like, how long was your cutting cyc. and what are you before and after stats.

HeavyHitter is offline Anabolic Member
    good job bro!! Like Hulk said, what was your cyc like?

I think the waist-line/hip muscle i was talking about is called " iliopsoas" not sure... anybody?

Quote Originally Posted by HulkInsideMe
    gibsonlpsd you were on a cutting cycle and you said it was all natural. Im currently on a cutting cycle myself, just wanted to know how was your cycle like ? Which cardio you've done, what was your diet like, how long was your cutting cyc. and what are you before and after stats.
    Thanks for all the comments guys, makes me want to hit the gym even harder this year. As for my cycle, I started it around about mid march. I usually would start earlier but I wanted to ry and bulk more this past year before I went into a cut cycle. my cycle pretty much consisted of a strict diet and cardio. for my cardio, I would wake up every mornning around 5:30am (I only had to get up this early because of class) and I would do what is called a HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training).

I would basically start with a warm-up jog for about 1 min. Then I would go into a 90% sprint for 2 min. Then I would cool down with another 1 min jog then do another 2 min sprint. I would these intervals on and off for 20 minutes. If your goal is to burn fat then doing high intensity cardio for about 20 minutes is what you need to. Try to get your heart rate at around 75-80% of your max. heart rate. I would do that one week and then the next week for cardio I would jump rope for 20 mintues without rest and then the next week I would run hills for 20 minutes. Then after the 3rd week I would incorporate all the cardio I had done and switch between them on different days. You need to do cardio a min. of 5 days a week. Preferred amount would be 6-7 days a week. I always did 6 and rested on Sunday.

An example would be on monday mornning i would jump-rope. tuesday mornning i would run hills. wednesday mornning i would do my interval run. etc...

The important thing is that you keep your heart rate high and keep it constant for at least 20 minutes so you can burn fat the best. and it is IMPERATIVE that you run first thing in the mornning. This was your blood sugar is low and you will be running on an empty stomach. That way your body will go straight towards the fat and burn it instead of going for carbs and what not.

As for diet, this makes up about 75-80% of your success. if you have a good diet, some people don't even need to do cardio, they can just do their regular workouts throughout the week and burn fat. A cutting cycle is much different than a bulk cycle. You have to be a lot more strict about what kind of foods you eat. When you first start your diet, be sure to count calories, carbs, protein, and fat. After being on the diet for a while, you will gradually begin to learn what is your right for your body and you won't have to count calories as much. Now what I am about to give you is a diet that worked for ME. what works for someone necesarrily will not work for someone else. That is why it is important to listen to your body and see what it needs the most of. If you are more sluggish in your workouts then you probably need more carbs.

Your diet should consist of 6-7 smaller meals thorughout the day as oppsed to 3 BIG meals. With smaller meals it will keep your energy level higher and you will be able to metabolize food faster. Anyway, I consumed most of my carb meals before 3 pm. 3 of my 7 meals I would replace with a protein shake. It is important that you consume at least 1.5-2x your body weight in protein. especially on a cutting diet. you will be consuming less carbs and since your body will not have many carbs to use for fuel then it will start to use protein and you need your protein to not only build lean muscle, but to keep what you gained from your bulk cycle. On days that i would be lifting I would eat around 100-200 carbs and on my off days I wouldn't eat hardly any because my body would not need the energy. I would always eat around 250-300g of protein a day so i could keep building muscle and keep what i have. as for fats, i would keep my fat intake below 30g a day, no more that 6g a meal. I know this seems VERY low and for a bodybuilders standard it is, but for cutting i believe it should be this low. but you won't have it this low forever.

The whole cycle took me about 2.5 months to finally get to where i almost wanted to be. I was also VERY low in body fat to start with. I want to say when I started I weighed around 145 and was 7% body fat. When I finished I was 135 and (now this is according to these callipers I have and to many body fat test that I have taken) my body fat was 3-4%, actually according to the calipers I was 1.9% but I don't think that is physically possible so I am just leaving room for error.

Once you acheive your goal, you can start raise your intake of calories and what not a little more but don't get to over-zealous because you don't want to lose that great look that you have been working so hard for. the hardest part is getting to your goal, but once you are there, with the amount of discipline and time you put in, it will seem easy to keep. Just stick to your cardio a lot and you can have occasional cheat days. But the whole concept behind looking good is keeping your diet in check. Like I said this is from my own experience so if any information I have given is wrong or seems incorrect then somebody PLEASE PLEASE correct me because I want to know what I might be able to fix for my next cut cycle this up comming spring. Either way, just dedicate yourself to it and you will have no problem. good luck bro

builtthekid is offline Banned
    Man you look great dawg.

rocco78 is offline Junior Member
    Your shoulders are a definate strong point in your physique - All around though, you look great - keep up the good work.

Rocket is offline Senior Member
    Great abs! and I think you have the right additude (sp?) Keep that out look and you will go far!

Rocket

Thanks for all the encouraging comments. It makes me feel good to know that all the work that I have put in has paid off. Here is a back shot and a leg shot that I took a couple of minutes ago. Like I said I am still looking to add some more mass and hopefully I can build up my back and my legs (which are the WEAKEST part of my physique) really well before my next cut cycle.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails some pics of me from this summer-back2.jpg   some pics of me from this summer-leg2.jpg  
    Last edited by gibsonlpsd; 09-09-2004 at 07:14 PM.

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HulkInsideMe
    Looking good man, does anybody know whats that muscle called on his waist, the part thats cut and what excersie actually brings those lines out on your waist? Oh and I usually see body builders with veins below their lower abs, how do you get veins to appear like that? By the way nice veins on your shoulder bro.
    Veins come out when your body fat goes down... young guys dont necessarily have to cut... too many teens turning 20-something have naturally low body fat and it just goes with the age group.

Fat Guy is offline Senior Member
    Man...great job...I bet the chicks just looovve you!

Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    Quote Originally Posted by gibsonlpsd
    just thought i would upload a few pics of me that were taken around the middle of the summer. i had just finished my cutting cycle (natural) that consisted of A LOT of cardio and a VERY strict diet. right now i am going through a bulking cycle and come this january i will go on a cut cycle again. i didn't take any back or leg pics, wish i would have. i will take so more pics come january at the end of my bulk cycle and then i will take so more at the end of my cut cycle. right now i have a lot more mass than i did then and weigh about 10 pounds more now, like i said, i was cutting then and i am bulking now. either way i just thought i would share pictures because i know a lot of other members do. i was debating doing a bulk cycle this winter, which would have been my first cycle but i decided to hold off for a little while. i still have a LONG way to go until i achieve what i really want. i will be busting my ass of in the weight room this fall/winter and hope i can get some good mass on me
    good definition

dannyisaacs is offline Member
    lookin good bro. you just need a shave an a good dark brown tan to go with it to top it off

Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    i agree about the tan

Thread Information