tman55 is offline Junior Member

New Pics - Please comment

These were taken the other day. I am not a bodybuilder but would like to know how I am doing and what I need to work on.

5'5" to 5'6" 165lbs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Pics - Please comment-dscn0558.jpg   New Pics - Please comment-dscn0560.jpg   New Pics - Please comment-dscn0563.jpg   New Pics - Please comment-dscn0564.jpg   New Pics - Please comment-dscn0565.jpg  

Last edited by tman55; 09-13-2004 at 09:10 AM.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Your back looks thick!

How does the front look? Biceps, chest, abs......

And the legs??

~SC~

I have those additional pics, I forgot to add that I need to crop them and I will and post them asap.

The back is my best body part.

Thanks for the comment!

thickmass is offline Member
    I think you need to work on your belief that you're not a bodybuilder.

Lol. Thanks dude. i'll get the rest soon. I bench 325, dead 410 X 5 at least and squat around 460 to 470 at least. I do not compete, but I have been thinking about doing a PL contest sometime or another.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    So of course you do lift then, but you're not a bodybuilder or powerlifter?

Why do you lift?

I mean, I know there's a reason right?

~SC~

thickmass is offline Member
    He's a picker-upperer of heavy things

OK. Here's my deal. I do lift heavy with a goal of being as strong as possible with as little bodyweight as possible. So in that aspect i am a powerlifter. I want to look good and am interested in bodybuilding to that degree, but not at a competitive level. Powerlifting competitions i may be open to just as a hobby.

I had back surgery in '99 for a ruptured disk(C7) I had fused and after that I began to rehab and now 5 years later I am stronger than ever and look better than ever.

Let me get the rest of those pics posted and then see what yhou say. I think my chest is lagging behind a little. My back gets big just thinking about working it out.

ok I added a couple more pics now i need to add legs and calves. i may have time to take those later.

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    you look thicker then 165 bro. back is nice, chest and (abs) could use some work

kc
    kc is offline Female Member
    dang, lookin thick man!!!

bigcut77 is offline Associate Member
    You look really thick. Maybe a little work on the chest and arms if you really want to nit pic. All in all you look great!! Its amazing your back got so thick after having your c-7 fused.

w_rballs is offline Anabolic Member
    very nice bro. i wouldnt have pegged u at 165, more around 185 ish. thick as hell, incredible back

Sta11ion is offline Member
    You look 25 to 30 pounds heavier, I remeber a friend at my old gym he weighed 160, 5 "10 his arms were 18.5 inches waist was 28, chest was huge, he looked like he competed. But he never wore shorts, he admitted he had no legs.
    I geuss looks can be deceiving.

angelxterminator is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sta11ion
    You look 25 to 30 pounds heavier, I remeber a friend at my old gym he weighed 160, 5 "10 his arms were 18.5 inches waist was 28, chest was huge, he looked like he competed. But he never wore shorts, he admitted he had no legs.
    I geuss looks can be deceiving.
    this guy is also 5 inches shorter than that though, so he will obviously look fuller!

you do look great man, back is deff. thick! if i were you i'd be hittin them abs hard though...

lets see some pics of the wheels, what's a house without its foundation right?

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by tman55
    These were taken the other day. I am not a bodybuilder but would like to know how I am doing and what I need to work on.

5'5" to 5'6" 165lbs.
    Your upper body is VERY thick for 165. That tells me you're carrying most of your body weight above the waist and not much going on in the leg department.

GetinBig is offline Anabolic Member
    Bro your back is lookin killer..

Rocket is offline Senior Member
    Looking very large for your weight. Very Nice!

Rocket

dumblucky is offline Member
    are yoiu sure your reading that scale right bro

i cant believe thats 165lbs
    sorry but no

flexin-rph is offline Member
    If you don't think you are a bodybuilder, then maybe you should try to be one...you
    have great potential!

kelkaz is offline Junior Member
    work on chest and abs, i'm not sure about legs, but back is looking awe

juicehoe is offline Anabolic Member
    back is huge!!! id say hit the chest and bi's. keep up the good work. Glad to see you can do so well after having back problems (i pop 2 of my disks)

BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member
    I like seeing pics of other people around my height (5'6").

Tman55,
    You look great. I'm surprised you're not heavier. You look much bigger than 165lbs.. Are you working your legs? --Lets's see some shots of the wheels.

brian11 is offline Member
    you look great. but the last pic really makes you look like a dork...haha just messin man.

"AUSSIEBLOKE" is offline Junior Member
    Keep it up mate bit more hard training u will get there

Here are a few more pics.

I weigh 169 today. I try and stay light during summer, but feel best at 175.

I took these myself so it is the best i can do right now.

Thanks for the comments and the help!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Pics - Please comment-dscn0566.jpg   New Pics - Please comment-dscn0568.jpg   New Pics - Please comment-dscn0570.jpg   New Pics - Please comment-dscn0571.jpg   New Pics - Please comment-dscn0573.jpg  

more

a few more
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Pics - Please comment-dscn0574.jpg   New Pics - Please comment-dscn0575.jpg   New Pics - Please comment-dscn0576.jpg  

Legs definitely need some work. I'd say you'd be at least 20-25 heavier if your legs were on par with your upper body. What does your leg routine look like?

Thanks for the comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E
    Legs definitely need some work. I'd say you'd be at least 20-25 heavier if your legs were on par with your upper body. What does your leg routine look like?

Carlos
    Currently I do 2-4 sets of squats and 2-4 Sets of Box Squats once a week. I also do deads 2-3 sets once a week.

I lift as heavy as I can. Currently I am squatting 435 on my last two sets of squats and on Deads I do 410 on my last two sets.

My legs are messed up from a few muscle pulls and tears I got over the years playing Soccer. Visually they both don't look quite right. They are strong. 24" cold. that isn't too small for my height is it?

Do you suggest changes?

builtthekid is offline Banned
    I find you can squat more the shorter u are I rep 400 on all my sets
    just do different amounts of reps.

Quote Originally Posted by tman55
    Carlos
    Currently I do 2-4 sets of squats and 2-4 Sets of Box Squats once a week. I also do deads 2-3 sets once a week.

I lift as heavy as I can. Currently I am squatting 435 on my last two sets of squats and on Deads I do 410 on my last two sets.

My legs are messed up from a few muscle pulls and tears I got over the years playing Soccer. Visually they both don't look quite right. They are strong. 24" cold. that isn't too small for my height is it?

Do you suggest changes?
    It's not that they're too small for your height. They're smaller than your upper body thickness. The same thickness you have going on with your back and upper body you want to have going on with your legs. (X frame) It's why when people see your picts they say you look heavier than 165. Because if your legs were just as thick as your upper body you would be a lot heavier.

I would definitely make changes to your leg workout. Increase the number of overall sets as well as variety of movements to hit your legs. Try this routine and eat and I promise, your legs will grow! You didn't mention calves. Not sure if that is because you're not training them. Try this and tell me what you think. Post here or shoot me a PM. Split quads and hamstrings into 2 different days.

Quads Day
    1. Leg extensions, 4 sets (warm up for squats)
    2. Deep squats past parallel, make sure you drop your butt down below your knees, foot placement should be shoulder width apart toes slightly turned out. 4 sets (heavy weight, rep range 6-8 reps)
    3. Walking lunges, 4 sets (grab dumbbells and lunge across the gym, 12 reps each leg, 24 lunges each set)
    4. Hack squat or Leg press, 4 sets

Hamstring Day
    1. Stiff leg deadlifts, 4 sets (heavy weight, rep range 6-8 reps)
    2. Seated leg curls, 4 sets (heavy weight, rep range 8-10 reps)
    3. Standing leg curls, 4 sets (12 reps each set)

Calves
    1. Calve raises on leg press, 4 sets (10 reps toes straight ahead, 10 reps toes turned out, 10 reps toes pointed in. 30 reps count as one set)
    2. Seated calve raises, 4 sets (rep range whatever you can do, follow the example above with toe placement)
    3. Donkey calve raises or standing calve raises, 4 sets varying toe placement.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E
    It's not that they're too small for your height. They're smaller than your upper body thickness. The same thickness you have going on with your back and upper body you want to have going on with your legs. (X frame) It's why when people see your picts they say you look heavier than 165. Because if your legs were just as thick as your upper body you would be a lot heavier.

I would definitely make changes to your leg workout. Increase the number of overall sets as well as variety of movements to hit your legs. Try this routine and eat and I promise, your legs will grow! You didn't mention calves. Not sure if that is because you're not training them. Try this and tell me what you think. Post here or shoot me a PM. Split quads and hamstrings into 2 different days.

Quads Day
    1. Leg extensions, 4 sets (warm up for squats)
    2. Deep squats past parallel, make sure you drop your butt down below your knees, foot placement should be shoulder width apart toes slightly turned out. 4 sets (heavy weight, rep range 6-8 reps)
    3. Walking lunges, 4 sets (grab dumbbells and lunge across the gym, 12 reps each leg, 24 lunges each set)
    4. Hack squat or Leg press, 4 sets

Hamstring Day
    1. Stiff leg deadlifts, 4 sets (heavy weight, rep range 6-8 reps)
    2. Seated leg curls, 4 sets (heavy weight, rep range 8-10 reps)
    3. Standing leg curls, 4 sets (12 reps each set)

Calves
    1. Calve raises on leg press, 4 sets (10 reps toes straight ahead, 10 reps toes turned out, 10 reps toes pointed in. 30 reps count as one set)
    2. Seated calve raises, 4 sets (rep range whatever you can do, follow the example above with toe placement)
    3. Donkey calve raises or standing calve raises, 4 sets varying toe placement.

I have been thinking about changing my workouts up anyway, so i think I will try your leg plan and see how it goes for me.

I always do squats below parallel. Calves i usually do 2X a week. I do 2X15 and then finish up with one last set to exhaustion. Burns like hell too.

Anyway thanks for your interest and your help. I will let you know in a few weeks how I am doing.

Question?

I want a good leg workout for indoor soccer players. anyone have one?

Thread Information