BeerBaron is offline Senior Member

BeerBaron's New Pics

These are a little higher quality than the old ones, as I didn't take them in the mirror. I've put 5 pounds since the last ones with my new diet. The diet is:

4 scrabbled eggs for breakfast w/ toast.
    Tuna 2.5 servings w/ 16 oz. milk
    WORK OUT
    50g shake
    chicken breast with 16 oz milk
    dinner usually pork or beef with veggies and 16 oz milk
    chicken breast with what ever drink I feel like, usually milk
    If I'm up late ill throw a 50g shake in at the end

Things I wonder about my diet are: Am I getting to few carbs in any ones opinion? The milk I drink is whole, does anyone think im getting too much fat and sugar from it, and if I drank water instead, in genral would I notice a difference?

I feel I am lacking in chest as far as definition, My favorite chest routine is flat bench, incline dumbell press, dumbell flys, and pull overs. Any one think I could benefit from any particular exercises? Ab's I am working on, I need to drop a little fat I know, but I do them EOD usually 3 sets of either leg raises, crunches, or bicycles, should I do more volume, or do them more frequently?

Other than that, any critique is welcomed!

Age 19
    Height 6'2"
    weight @190
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BeerBaron's New Pics-new-back.jpg   BeerBaron's New Pics-new-front.jpg   BeerBaron's New Pics-new-side.jpg  

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    That diet is horrid whether or not you are trying to bulk or cut.

I'd do some research in that area for sure!

~SC~

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    IMO do legs monday and chest tueday. and id do incline bench instead of flat bench to work on your pecs more. arms look good. id work on lats and traps a little more.
    abs id say do more frequently like 5-10 reps inbetween each set or every other set. good luck
    keep up good work bro.

j4k

Syndicate is offline Associate Member
    You have the same body type as me... although I have a little weight over you.
    You look good.

I'd shoot for 40-60 grams at every 2 hour meal. I dont play well with carbs so I only eat them moring and mid afternoon.

-Syn

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    That diet is horrid whether or not you are trying to bulk or cut.

I'd do some research in that area for sure!

~SC~
    haha yeah, I'll be in touch, I'm aware I need help. I have been researching, the problem is contradiction between sources. I'm fed up with it, which is why I'm just gonna break down and have a diet made for me. I feel it is my best option as of right now.

...Milk sucks.....Whole,half,skim,goat, or woman boob...milk still sucks for anything..

tycin is offline Anabolic Member
    i agree bro u need to work on ur diet. there r great diet stickies in the diet form u should read.

Hot-Rox is offline Senior Member
    You are on the right track. You know a great deal more at 19 than most AR members did at your age. Keep working out intensely, learn everything you can about diet, and be proud about the results you have already gotten.

Whats the main problem with that diet, or are there too many to list? I mean I'm growing and not putting on very much fat.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot-Rox
    You are on the right track. You know a great deal more at 19 than most AR members did at your age. Keep working out intensely, learn everything you can about diet, and be proud about the results you have already gotten.
    Thanks Bro

Bump for my diet question, I would like to know if there are a few changes I could make that would make a difference. Like I said I'm growing and not getting much fatter so I must not be TOO far off. I'm also considering dietary consultation, but feel kind of wierd doing so. Has anyone else had a personal diet made for them, and if so would you say it is worth it, or would you say its nothing you couldn't have accomplished by following the diet stickies. Also, would anyone like to take a stab at bf%, I guess 12

bolin is offline Associate Member
    Hi mate, I just wanted to tell you that your diet is good, My friend who is 21 eats everything he want (in moderation), and he has grown but in the same time did not increase his bodyfat. So just keep on the diet you are doing because if you follow one of those diets that the "pros" say you HAVE to you will most probably only do it for 1 month and then start eating everything in sight. Every person is different so if you feel this diet is good for you keep on doing it. Just take another protein shake sometime in the day.

Thanks for your input. I would put my self in the same category as your friend. I used to eat fast food during highschool for 1 or 2 meals a day, but I still never got fat. My goals are to get to 220 and cut down to around 210 at around 8%, and I know I can not achieve this with the diet I am currently on. Which is why I was considering calling in a pro. I mean, I got this far on my own, and made good progress in the time that I dedicated to the gym. Its mainly just that my progress has slowed down, and I feel too unsure Of my dietary knowlege to make a serious diet to cleanly get me up to 220. So I could try my own diet, hit the sauce, or consult a pro. All risky, but dietary consultation seems like the least risky of the three.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerBaron
    These are a little higher quality than the old ones, as I didn't take them in the mirror. I've put 5 pounds since the last ones with my new diet. The diet is:

4 scrabbled eggs for breakfast w/ toast.
    Tuna 2.5 servings w/ 16 oz. milk
    WORK OUT
    50g shake
    chicken breast with 16 oz milk
    dinner usually pork or beef with veggies and 16 oz milk
    chicken breast with what ever drink I feel like, usually milk
    If I'm up late ill throw a 50g shake in at the end

Things I wonder about my diet are: Am I getting to few carbs in any ones opinion? The milk I drink is whole, does anyone think im getting too much fat and sugar from it, and if I drank water instead, in genral would I notice a difference?

I feel I am lacking in chest as far as definition, My favorite chest routine is flat bench, incline dumbell press, dumbell flys, and pull overs. Any one think I could benefit from any particular exercises? Ab's I am working on, I need to drop a little fat I know, but I do them EOD usually 3 sets of either leg raises, crunches, or bicycles, should I do more volume, or do them more frequently?

Other than that, any critique is welcomed!

Age 19
    Height 6'2"
    weight @190

Ok Listen. I didn't mean to come off as a cocksmack,but yes your diet is lacking. For what it's worth I am one of the few people I know that ate CLEAN during high school and never could exceed 200 pounds. When I got out of high school and starting more of a bulking/cutting platform my weight starting going up year by year.

I wasn't trying to insult you. At least you are eating your protein,and you look good man,but here's something to ponder. You said at one time you were eating junk food and not putting fat on. That leads me to believe that you have a fairly quick metabolism. So I would definitly eat a higher calorie "clean" diet for awhile and see how it goes. If you can gain decent from that diet,then you really should take off once you get everything in check.

Just by glancing over at your diet I would say that you definitly should add more carbs to the mix. In your first meal it says "toast" which is impossible to get an idea what you are eating. It could be white or 10 slices. Second I'd get more protein for my first meal as well from egg whites not just whole eggs. Your PWO meal says 50g shake. I take it that means 50 grams of protein. What about the carbs?? From my take it seems like you are getting most of your carbs from milk. Which sucks.

I used to drink milk and thought hell at least im getting protein from it,but after I cut milk out all together and started using a lean protein add on to the meal. It wasn't too hard to replace those 16 grams of protein I was getting. Not to mention the 26 grams of **** sugar. If you learn to hate milk like I do I think your body will thank you.

Another question that comes to mind is that you say you are taking another 50 gram shake before bed. Is that the same one you took PWO. If so then the content of that is either going to kill you PWO or before bedtime.

Thanks for the advice Bro, that's not insulting at all. I'm not sure what you mean by If I drink the same shake, the contents will kill me PWO or before bed. I do by the way, they are the Met-RX RTD 51's with 5g carbs, I think around 250 calories.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerBaron
    Thanks for the advice Bro, that's not insulting at all. I'm not sure what you mean by If I drink the same shake, the contents will kill me PWO or before bed. I do by the way, they are the Met-RX RTD 51's with 5g carbs, I think around 250 calories.

I meant that there is no way the same shake can be adequate for PWO and before bedtime. It's ok to take the shake after you lift but my advice would be to buy some dextrose to throw in it...btw 250 calories isnt enough in pwo..especially if it only yields 5 carbs...this is the time I'd digest a ton of carbs to replenish yourself...

Thread Information