sensaispike is offline Member

Unhappy geting discuraged

What up bros? I just wanted to post a fue quick picks and get some fead back. i am at one of those points where i am geting discuraged because everyone else my age is either allready compeating or has 20 lbs or more on me. i would love to compeat but i dont know if ill ever be up to par..... my stats are as follows....
    20years old(will be 21 in nov) 5ft 6in, 170lbs and i have never done juce, although i have thought about it alot.. so just let me know what you think....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails geting discuraged-gunzs.jpg   geting discuraged-abs.jpg   geting discuraged-back.jpg   geting discuraged-chest.jpg   geting discuraged-back2.jpg  

here is one more
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails geting discuraged-arm.jpg  

What are your goals? You look good to me. I mean if you wanna compete, you obviously have alot of work to do, but otherwise you have pretty descent size. I would just try to cut up a little more, and it looks like your chest is a little lagging, but overall good size.

anabolicwannabe is offline Associate Member
    you know why your arms don't look that good though your arms are big? cause your bf is high. you can't get discouraged over high bf. the thing is to get rid of it and i'd agree with the lagging chest.. the rest seems pretty fine to me

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Do you work legs?

Just asking as there are no leg pictures, and thorough leg work is the key to developing the ENTIRE body, not just the legs.

Legs = teacher
    Upper body = student

No need for any kind of AAS, lots of squats/deads/rows/bench, and no over-training for an extended period of time. Make sure your dietary approach is sterling as well, or forget it.

~SC~

yea i do legs like a mad man out in the rain i will post pics of them soon....... and las time i had bf done it was between 12-15%.......

LaRoche is offline Junior Member
    Looking good bro. I can draw alot of parallels with your initial post - I'm 5'7" 170 lbs. Although I'm leaner than you at about 9% bf, I get discouraged too. I'm 29, always been natural, but I see some guys in my gym that are about my age, bigger than me, and not even lifting any heavier. I'd love to enter my first competition too, and I definately feel its about time, especially at my age. Believe me I've seriously thought about a cycle too, but I've decided against it at least for now. I'm making gains, albeit gradually by looking closely at my diet and training / cardio schedule. I've been focussing over the past few months on those core excercises - squats, deads, rows. SC has helped me alot so listen to him. Alot of my inspiration comes from old school physiques - like Zane and especially Serge Nubret. I'm noticing results - and that's whats keeping me away from juice. Even though other guys are getting there quicker, I'm being patient - looking at each day as an opportunity to grow and get closer. I hope to post some pics of me soon. Anyways keep it bro!

Sage is offline Anabolic Member
    may wanna hit shoulders harder

Mass Quest is offline Associate Member
    look good bro.just train and eat good consistantly the gains will keep coming.no need for aas yet you still got a lot of natural growing to do.

yea i really want to compeat i would love to get in to the game but my genetics are not that great as you can tell, and i dont know hot to start to get in to it.....by the way here are some leg pics....they are weak points ..

THANKS for the incourgment...

L8ter....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails geting discuraged-weels.jpg   geting discuraged-calvs2.jpg   geting discuraged-thigs.jpg  
    Last edited by sensaispike; 10-22-2004 at 05:56 PM.

J-F
    J-F is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Do you work legs?

Just asking as there are no leg pictures, and thorough leg work is the key to developing the ENTIRE body, not just the legs.
    Can you explain that please ?

Quote Originally Posted by J-F
    Can you explain that please ?
    I began to explain this idea above by the "teacher" and "student" comparison above.

The legs are very important in training, as they send the message of growth to other parts of the body. (That being the upper body) Hormone release, GH, etc., are all magnified greatly with extensive/thorough leg work, and deadlifts. Overall power and developement are much more evident when you work your legs.

When one only trains upper body and those gains stall out, when he/she introduces platinum "on-point" leg training and deadlifts (rows and bench as well), BOOM, the upper body once again kicks into over-drive, and gains begin to prosper.

I know this 2 ways. I used to be one of those who NEVER liked to do legs, and never gave it "all I had". As soon as I did that, I TOTALLY changed, and my physique was one that could now actually compete because I was proportioned, well shaped, big, etc. In addition, having ruptured patella tendons and atrophy in the legs as well, I've seen them totally come back in 15 months, and I know what my upper body looks like now compared to what it was when I was only able to train upper body while I was in leg immobilizers.

Much much better, more defined, and bigger over-all.

~SC~
    Last edited by SwoleCat; 10-22-2004 at 07:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sensaispike
    yea i really want to compeat i would love to get in to the game but my genetics are not that great as you can tell, and i dont know hot to start to get in to it.....by the way here are some leg pics....they are weak points ..

THANKS for the incourgment...

L8ter....
    Not bad at all, and you can hit them hard, shave, tan, drop water, learn how to "step and squeeze", etc., and you'll appear about 3 times bigger in a month or so........

Go get it!

~SC~

what is "step and squeeze"?

It's how you learn to pose your quads/legs for maximum muscularity.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa Pump
    I would just try to cut up a little more
    i completely disagree with that suggestion. i suggest you add more quality muscle, not by juicing, but by eating more (and better).
    you weigh 170,and your waist doesnt look big at all, so if you cut now, you might end up in the 150's which is scary. hit it hard in the gym, and in the kitchen as well, try to get up to a lean 180-185.
    Last edited by anteriordeltoid; 10-23-2004 at 08:52 PM.

oh alright. i thought step and squeeze was a step taken to build more muscle. lol.

my goal is to hit 200 by the end of 2005 and than start cuting i know that is alot....the problem is that i have been stuck at 170 for almost a year now and i cant seem to get past it....that is why i am begining to wonder if it is time for aas, because i dont want to wast to much time......i am sure i dont need them yet i guess i just need to get everything else in line, but its hard cus i am a college student and have a hard time eating as much as i should. but if its what has to be done that so be it......

Latimus is offline Banned
    you look good man...no reason to get down on yourself....what are your measurements

muff-chaser is offline Associate Member
    you look descent man, just keep working hard and eating and sleeping right. i wouldnt worry about other people just focus on yourself....... you only get out of bodybuilding what u put in it.

t-money is offline Member
    I began to explain this idea above by the "teacher" and "student" comparison above.

The legs are very important in training, as they send the message of growth to other parts of the body. (That being the upper body) Hormone release, GH, etc., are all magnified greatly with extensive/thorough leg work, and deadlifts. Overall power and developement are much more evident when you work your legs.

When one only trains upper body and those gains stall out, when he/she introduces platinum "on-point" leg training and deadlifts (rows and bench as well), BOOM, the upper body once again kicks into over-drive, and gains begin to prosper.

I know this 2 ways. I used to be one of those who NEVER liked to do legs, and never gave it "all I had". As soon as I did that, I TOTALLY changed, and my physique was one that could now actually compete because I was proportioned, well shaped, big, etc. In addition, having ruptured patella tendons and atrophy in the legs as well, I've seen them totally come back in 15 months, and I know what my upper body looks like now compared to what it was when I was only able to train upper body while I was in leg immobilizers.

Much much better, more defined, and bigger over-all.

~SC~
    Finally, someone put it into words. I have believed AND seen this "phenomenon" for years, both personally and in others.

SC, you are a wizard.

T

Why thank you brutha!

~SC~

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Do you work legs?

Legs = teacher
    Upper body = student
    That's what my training philosophy has been centred around for the last 5 years... When i don't squat heavy.. my upperbody size diminishes.

Glad to hear some one else echo it.

Sad to hear the secret's out.

--------------------------------

Back on topic

What are your goals?
    Diet?
    Training split(s) ?
    etc

On your upper body: you look better from behind...i.e. you chest and such are lagging

Your leg development: If you do indeed train them hard.. you're not training smart(no insult)... I'd advise you get someone to veiw your form while squatting.Cut back on the number of movements you do; putting more emphasis on working harder on the one or two movements you do.. and getting outta the gym.

Example:
    For the last 5 years.. my leg routine has been solely Squats, Leg-curls, and 2 calf-movements... with maybe another movements tossed in, in the last few weeks before a contest.

Diet:
    Consult the diet sticky.. and talk to some of the guys... you can't go wrong

~Nark

jimmyivory is offline Junior Member

~SC~
    (bump)
    Wow, that's huge, I've never heard anything like that. That needs to be repeated way more because if it's that big of a difference it should become common knowledge. I've had many friends say they hate legs, and they need to hear that.

I also agree with AntDelt about not cutting but bulking. What weight class are you going for? If you want move up you'll have to stuff yourself silly every day. I already don't like eating (and drinking water) and every day Clockworks says "eat more." Am I nauseous from overeating? No? Time to eat.
    I'll probably post the same thread in about a year and need someone to prop me up, and AR is dope like that. Good luck bro, keep the faith, compare you to you. If you have to (like I do), blame genetics, use that to challenge you to push harder, but don't use it as an excuse. Your friends may gain/drop weight without trying, it just means every pound you earn means that much more.

AustrianOAK14 is offline Senior Member
    look decent listen to swole if you want to get swole

I really appreciate all the advise and encouragement, it helps alot I will post my measurements and training split later today, but I have to go to class right now so….. thanks again and L8ter

ok this is what my routine looks like.... mon-chest, flat bench bb 3 sets first 2 (8-12 reps) 3rd max.... inclined bench db, 3 sets first 2 (8-12 reps) 3rd max.... Declined bench bb 3 sets first 2 (8-12 reps) 3rd max.... Tue-back exercises are weighted pullups, deadlifts, bentover t-bar rows, and fullrange of motion lat pulldowns, this follows pretty much the same rep scheme... Wed-sholuders Hammer strength shoulder press machine, rear delt flys on cables, cubin presses and shrugs...
    Thu-legs... squats, leg press, leg extenison, leg curels, calf rases toes in, out, and stright....
    Fri-arms weighted dips, seated tri extentions, standind tri extenisons on cable machine,
    preacher curls, seated alternating consentration curls, hammer curls, bb curls/ or high cable curles...do you guys think this is overtraning...... also i usully go pretty heavy and my form is ok but not great... the rep scheam is pretty much the same for all exercises......
    Also i have been thinking of switching to supersets for everything so i can boost my strength and that way when i go back to my regular routine i will be able to gain more mass....

i am sure i am going wrong some whare so please let me know what you think.....

i will post measurements as soon as i get home, but i cant post them now as i am sitting in class. i am sure the professor would love it if i got up and started measureing my self...lol
    thanks again and L8ter....

and here are the measurements.......
    bi's 16 1/4 in
    forearms 14in
    Chest 42 in
    thigs 23 1/2 in
    calvs 15in
    waist 32 in
    these were all taken cold seeing as how i am takeing the week off to get some much needed mental rest...... if i left anything out just let me know

bump for feedback on the routine

Executioner is offline Banned
    it just means every pound you earn means that much more.
    well said there

i think you are little small for the competition route for now, unfortunately even though they work equally hard smaller bodybuilders have a tendency to lose, if you can get to around 190-200, then diet down to 170-175 i'd say go for it

best of luck

Thread Information