gibsonlpsd is offline Junior Member

Are these stretch marks on my shoulder or just busted blood vessels?

i was working out today and i remember looking in the mirror before i worked out and everything looked fine. i did my shoulder and calf workout liks i always do on fridays. when i get done i took off my shirt and looked in the mirror and saw something on my right shoulder. when i got closer and looked at it, they appeared to be stretch marks. what i don't understand is that how could i get them only on one shoulder? also, i have been doing this particular workout for the past 3 months and i have always done shoulders on fridays and i never got them before, so how could i all the sudden just get them? from what i understand stretch marks come from when your muscle grows to fast for your skin to adjust to it. i am not on any cycle and the only supplement i am taking is NO2 so i wouldn't expect to grow that fast. i hope it might just be some tiny busted blood vessels and they will go away but i am afraid that they are stretch marks. if they are, does anybody know of any good ways to reduce them or get rid of them. i have heard of coco butter but that is about it. i know in the pictures they don't look that bad but they are worst if you could see them in person. thanks for the help.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Are these stretch marks on my shoulder or just busted blood vessels?-1.jpg   Are these stretch marks on my shoulder or just busted blood vessels?-2.jpg   Are these stretch marks on my shoulder or just busted blood vessels?-4.jpg   Are these stretch marks on my shoulder or just busted blood vessels?-5.jpg  

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by gibsonlpsd
    i was working out today and i remember looking in the mirror before i worked out and everything looked fine. i did my shoulder and calf workout liks i always do on fridays. when i get done i took off my shirt and looked in the mirror and saw something on my right shoulder. when i got closer and looked at it, they appeared to be stretch marks. what i don't understand is that how could i get them only on one shoulder? also, i have been doing this particular workout for the past 3 months and i have always done shoulders on fridays and i never got them before, so how could i all the sudden just get them? from what i understand stretch marks come from when your muscle grows to fast for your skin to adjust to it. i am not on any cycle and the only supplement i am taking is NO2 so i wouldn't expect to grow that fast. i hope it might just be some tiny busted blood vessels and they will go away but i am afraid that they are stretch marks. if they are, does anybody know of any good ways to reduce them or get rid of them. i have heard of coco butter but that is about it. i know in the pictures they don't look that bad but they are worst if you could see them in person. thanks for the help.
    You said you did calves. Did you do standing calve raises in the machine with the pad on your shoulder? If so, it's blood vessels. That happens to my training partner all the time whenever he has a pad or bar on his shoulders. It's nothing to worry about, it goes away.

yeah i did them with the pad on my shoulder. ok, cool. thanks a lot.

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    yeah i did them with the pad on my shoulder. ok, cool. thanks a lot.
    Give it a few days.

JdFlex is offline Senior Member
    I get those everytime I do standing calf raises on the machine. I always thought it was my shoulders growing until a buddy busted my bubble and told me it was from calf raises.

mayhem229 is offline New Member
    that will go away...I always get that when I do squats or legs....thats exactly what mine look like.....did you do legs the day before or something????

thickmass is offline Member
    Before reading Carlos' reply I was thinking it was the old t shirt indentations from standing calf raises.

Dang! Is Carlos sharp or what?

dschneid is offline New Member
    I always get busted blood vessels when I train calves, much more than you have on your picture and the are gone in 3-4 days. I'm still kinda worried that this could be an indication of something. Anyone know why this happens?

Sage is offline Anabolic Member
    u need larger traps....i never have this problem
    it may take longer than a few days, but it'll go away

yeah i had them friday and they were gone when i woke up this mornning so no worries

wildman536 is offline Junior Member
    i get red marks on the Hack Squat Machiene.

Thread Information