clchase is offline Female Member

any thoughts on BF percentage??

Ok guys, be easy here, I am nervous and scared! LOL! I am looking for thoughts on BF percentage. I am guessing 21-22%??? I know they are not the best pics, but they are what I can do for now...Any suggs/comments on improvements are also appreciated.
    BTW, I am 33 year old mother of one...
    Thanks for your help in advance.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails any thoughts on BF percentage??-fatcheck2.jpg   any thoughts on BF percentage??-fat-check.jpg  

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    It's very hard to tell BF on women...but you look great for your age!

I'll bump this for you...

AnabolicAlien Guest

hmmm...

i'm usually pretty good at guessing since i'm obsessed with body fat percentages myself. i'd say mid 20's? why don't you go somewhere and get it tested? they're usually off but at least you'll have some idea.

A.A.

markas214 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AnabolicAlien
    i'm usually pretty good at guessing since i'm obsessed with body fat percentages myself. i'd say mid 20's? why don't you go somewhere and get it tested? they're usually off but at least you'll have some idea.

A.A.
    No way mid 20s. Under 20 for sure, Calipers cost $10. Get some and stop guessing. While they aren't exact you'll get a good idea. You do look good.

Manson is offline Junior Member
    You'r looking very good.
    I'd call you hot mamma !!!

latest photo, 3rd week diet.

Here is an updated photo, Been strict for almost 3 weeks now and I think I see abit of change. Lost 3 pounds on the scale, and I am sure BF is down a bit. No supplements taken yet at all, not even ephedra....I guess I may go another montj with this and then consider enhancers is I need them.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails any thoughts on BF percentage??-fat-check.jpg   any thoughts on BF percentage??-11-5-04.jpg  

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by clchase
    Ok guys, be easy here, I am nervous and scared! LOL! I am looking for thoughts on BF percentage. I am guessing 21-22%??? I know they are not the best pics, but they are what I can do for now...Any suggs/comments on improvements are also appreciated.
    BTW, I am 33 year old mother of one...
    Thanks for your help in advance.
    U might be accurate. With men, normal lowest BF percentage without being in starvation mode is 5%, with women the threshold is 15%. If I am not mistaken when women go below 15%, menstral cycles become irregular, etc. I know there are a lot of women online here, I cannot believe they are not chiming in with advice... I think there is a women's area in AR, maybe you'll get better responses from the other lady's there?

dr.shred is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntpadude
    U might be accurate. With men, normal lowest BF percentage without being in starvation mode is 5%, with women the threshold is 15%. If I am not mistaken when women go below 15%, menstral cycles become irregular, etc. I know there are a lot of women online here, I cannot believe they are not chiming in with advice... I think there is a women's area in AR, maybe you'll get better responses from the other lady's there?
    that is true their menstral cycles do become irregular. my gf is legit 12% and she very irregular menstral cycles. Also due in part to intense weight training and cardio. I would say your body fat about 19-21% no lower than 19 though. keep working hard and you'll get it down.

-SHRED

dr.shred is offline Senior Member
    the second pic def shows improvements. keep it up!

-SHRED

Does anyone think that continuing this way, (ie. just diet and changing my workout a bit as I have,) that I will contoinue to see more results? Or do I need to add some supps/enhancers in? I could probably step up my cardio a bit too, right now I am only getting 3-4 hours a week in ( keep on mind that 3-4 hours is very high intensity intervals and is probably buring 700-800 calories each session! I work darn hard! LOL) but may be able to find time for a little more.

Again, any diet/training advice is greatly appreciated.

ttuPrincess Guest
    hum... are you saying you do 3-4 hours at 1 time?

That would be way to much

and the body fat... your looking like how I did at about 22%.... but definately some big changes in the updated pics.. id say 20% in the new ones... i doesnt take much to lose those 1st few, but once you get to about 18% it starts slowing down ( or atleast did for me)

angelxterminator is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by markas214
    No way mid 20s. Under 20 for sure, Calipers cost $10. Get some and stop guessing. While they aren't exact you'll get a good idea. You do look good.
    i doubt under 20 bro. Have you ever checked the body fat on a woman before? i doubt it. Its very different from men, and "acceptable" levels are varied.

I'd agree with princess that your around 20, and the progress is visible.
    Maybe try doing an hour of cardio in the mornings on an empty stomach, but not high intensity, i find that burns more fat for me, as well as my girlfriend, than HIIT does.

Try an eca stack maybe too, once progess slows. It was the little jumpstart i needed to get it burning off again!

I just realized that these pictures are only a week apart. First taken 10/27/04, second taken 11/5/04, so the difference is a weeks time, howoever its my 3rd week on the diet. I thonk that there is a bit of change and the scale says I am down 3 pounds. I am on my way, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by ttuPrincess
    hum... are you saying you do 3-4 hours at 1 time?

That would be way to much

and the body fat... your looking like how I did at about 22%.... but definately some big changes in the updated pics.. id say 20% in the new ones... i doesnt take much to lose those 1st few, but once you get to about 18% it starts slowing down ( or atleast did for me)
    No, thats 3-4 hours per week.

Any thoughts on starting supps, or should I keep going with this diet etc. for a while?

MASStermind is offline Banned
    its kinda hard to judge bodyfat without seeing any naked pics

ttuPrincess Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by clchase
    No, thats 3-4 hours per week.

Any thoughts on starting supps, or should I keep going with this diet etc. for a while?
    ok I was reading it all wierd this morning..

areyou doing your cadio in the AM on an empty stomach? If not, can it be arranged so that you do?

supps? try an ECA, or ECY stack, as suggested

ttuPrincess Guest
    I also find that a steady hour of cardio at 65% of my max heart rate is more effective then going at 85% or higher

Quote Originally Posted by ttuPrincess
    ok I was reading it all wierd this morning..

areyou doing your cadio in the AM on an empty stomach? If not, can it be arranged so that you do?

supps? try an ECA, or ECY stack, as suggested
    Almost impossible for me to do cardio in am....9 year old daughter home and I am already getting up at 5 am for work at 7a, would love to get an hour in the am, but really can't. I do 3-4 1 hour sessions throughout the week, and I am fairly certain that they are quite effective, I LOVE to push myself and it shows ib my cardio.

Not really sure how to get an ECA stack, as have no way to get ephedra thatI know of....what is ECY?

angelxterminator is offline Senior Member
    vasopro, or bronkaid. google search, or go to a local pharm... they should have one or the other!

markas214 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by angelxterminator
    i doubt under 20 bro. Have you ever checked the body fat on a woman before? i doubt it. Its very different from men, and "acceptable" levels are varied.

I'd agree with princess that your around 20, and the progress is visible.
    Maybe try doing an hour of cardio in the mornings on an empty stomach, but not high intensity, i find that burns more fat for me, as well as my girlfriend, than HIIT does.

Try an eca stack maybe too, once progess slows. It was the little jumpstart i needed to get it burning off again!
    No I haven't and I really am guessing. Sooo... I must admit I don't have anything to base my guesstimate on. I check mine often but agree it is not a good reference to guess hers.

Thread Information