Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Manson is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rugbyking
    another thing you could do is stick to heavy compound movements like squats, deadlifts, bench, military rows. things like that cause those all work more than one muscle group and they are really good at adding on good mass
    That's good to know, i've doing squats every other day until i can't walk no more... and bench press till failure... the weight on the bench already increased by 10 lbs but squats im still the same...
    I've been using the method of increasind the weight and doing more sets:
    squats / bench
    180lb x 10 / 130lb x 12
    230lb x 8 / 150lb x 10
    280lb x 6 / 160lb x 8
    310lb x 4 / 170lb x 6
    360lb x 1 / 190lb x 1
    360lb x 1(when im able) / 200lb x 1

I've been doing that twice a week plus all the rest... usualy the workout last at least 1:45 min. mon, wed, fri, sun. I haven't had any instruction on workout plans, i just based that on what i've been reading. Let me know if i sould change anything.
    Last edited by Manson; 11-15-2004 at 10:55 PM.

rugbyking is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Manson
    That's good to know, i've doing squats every other day until i can't walk no more... and bench press till failure... the weight on the bench already increased by 10 lbs but squats im still the same...
    I've been using the method of increasind the weight and doing more sets:
    squats / bench
    180lb x 10 / 130lb x 12
    230lb x 8 / 150lb x 10
    280lb x 6 / 160lb x 8
    310lb x 4 / 170lb x 6
    360lb x 1 / 190lb x 1
    360lb x 1(when im able) / 200lb x 1

I've been doing that twice a week plus all the rest... usualy the workout last at least 1:45 min. mon, wed, fri, sun. I haven't had any instruction on workout plans, i just based that on what i've been reading. Let me know if i sould change anything.
    you might be overtraining. you dont need to do legs 2x a week. squats are very demanding on your body and you need to wait till your body recovers to do them again. think about it. if you do squats 2x a week, even while your legs are still sore, your not getting your legs to ever fully recover. i do each body part 1x a week and i move up in weight almost every week in some exercise or another. add deadlifts and military presses in your routine and you should blow up. and one other thing is you shouldnt have to work out for more than an hour at most IMO. your body releases cortisol after working out for long periods of time which is counter productive to building muscle. either your doing to many sets and excersices or you lack intensity. dont take so long between sets and prolly tone down the # of sets too would be my guess. you only need to lift enough to break down your body then give it plenty of time to recover then come do it agian.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information