Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: week 7 of 23

Phillyboy1 is offline Anabolic Member

week 7 of 23

here ya go guys, me at 7 weeks, absolutly no body weight gain. still in the low 180's
    here are the before pics:http://67.18.108.244//showthread.php?t=128363

and this is now:

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails week 7 of 23-1.jpg   week 7 of 23-2.jpg   week 7 of 23-3.jpg   week 7 of 23-4.jpg   week 7 of 23-5.jpg  

Last edited by jcstomper; 11-25-2004 at 06:10 PM.

Aboot is offline Banned
    All red x's for me...

Quote Originally Posted by Aboot
    All red x's for me...
    k ill fix it

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails week 7 of 23-6.jpg   week 7 of 23-7.jpg  
    Last edited by jcstomper; 11-25-2004 at 06:12 PM.

Andre Avigdor is offline Associate Member
    I know nothing about the juice, but I do know that if you have not gained a pound in 7 weeks than you are not eating enough! You look good in the before shots, but the afters are not working...

What is your diet like and are you doing a lot of cardio?

Quote Originally Posted by Andre Avigdor
    I know nothing about the juice, but I do know that if you have not gained a pound in 7 weeks than you are not eating enough! You look good in the before shots, but the afters are not working...

What is your diet like and are you doing a lot of cardio?
    all fixed now, everyone says i look bigger but the scale isnt helping lol

Aboot is offline Banned
    Definition is definitely coming in. Biceps are popping out!

Quote Originally Posted by Aboot
    Definition is definitely coming in. Biceps are popping out!
    thanks bro, do you see a differance in before and after?

Aboot is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jcstomper
    thanks bro, do you see a differance in before and after?
    Mid-section and bis for sure. Back looks a bit wider and may have more def, but hard to tell with the lighting.

tycin is offline Anabolic Member
    ya u can tell from the before and after. looking good.

wut does ur cycle look like.

Aboot is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tycin
    ya u can tell from the before and after. looking good.

wut does ur cycle look like.
    It was listed with his before pics:

cycle is

1-20 test E 500mg/wk
    1-20 EQ 400mg/wk
    21-23 test Prop 50mg/ed

tycin is offline Anabolic Member
    its kinda weird u havent had any weight gain, u look bigger in the after pics but imo u should have gained a little more.

Are you eating??? you looked lean as hell in your before photos and even if you jacked up the calories without the juice you should be gaining weight... I am not trying to put you down, but what I am saying is that if your weight is not going up on the scale after 7 weeks chances are you not getting in enough calories... you never answered my question about diet and cardio...

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    here ya go guys, me at 7 weeks, absolutly no body weight gain. still in the low 180's
    You say your weight has not changed but looking at your back picture your back looks leaner. It has more cuts and definition. You probably lowered your body fat percentage slightly and gained some muscle. If I were you I wouldn't go by the scale. Judge your cycle by the mirror. Is there a reason you didn't include leg picts? You're not in a wheelchair are you?

Are you eating??? you looked lean as hell in your before photos and even if you jacked up the calories without the juice you should be gaining weight... I am not trying to put you down, but what I am saying is that if your weight is not going up on the scale after 7 weeks chances are you not getting in enough calories... you never answered my question about diet and cardio...
    no cardio, and diets it pretty much i eat what ever, but i always get over 250 grams of protein. the only meal that is pretty much teh same is breakfast. which is a cup of oatmeal, 6 eggs, and a protien shake. the rest of the day i just eat out cause of work, except protien shakes and dinner

yes i know, my diet sucks, i really need help with that. but i cant figure out what to go to the store to buy, and im starting to hate chicken cause it tastes like cardboard after eating so **** much lol

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E
    You say your weight has not changed but looking at your back picture your back looks leaner. It has more cuts and definition. You probably lowered your body fat percentage slightly and gained some muscle. If I were you I wouldn't go by the scale. Judge your cycle by the mirror. Is there a reason you didn't include leg picts? You're not in a wheelchair are you?
    hah, no ill take some wheel pics for ya

my skinny legs

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails week 7 of 23-8.jpg   week 7 of 23-9.jpg   week 7 of 23-10.jpg  

no cardio, and diets it pretty much i eat what ever, but i always get over 250 grams of protein. the only meal that is pretty much teh same is breakfast. which is a cup of oatmeal, 6 eggs, and a protien shake. the rest of the day i just eat out cause of work, except protien shakes and dinner

yes i know, my diet sucks, i really need help with that. but i cant figure out what to go to the store to buy, and im starting to hate chicken cause it tastes like cardboard after eating so **** much lol
    I really believe diet is the most important component of body building... there is no doubt that you have some good genetics and your training is working for you... just keep in mind that only thing that really makes you grow is food...

I kid you not, but I eat the exact same thing every week day at the exact same time... everything is weighed on a digital scale down to the last gram...

250G's protein is probably enough for you body weight... but I would also focuss on getting in about 500G's of good carbs as well along with a moderate amount of healthy fats.

If you are serious enough to start cycling then you should be serious enough to get strict with your diet

It took me a while to figure out, but diet is very important!!!
    http://s97997631.onlinehome.us/web/2...202004%20c.jpg

I really believe diet is the most important component of body building... there is no doubt that you have some good genetics and your training is working for you... just keep in mind that only thing that really makes you grow is food...

I kid you not, but I eat the exact same thing every week day at the exact same time... everything is weighed on a digital scale down to the last gram...

250G's protein is probably enough for you body weight... but I would also focuss on getting in about 500G's of good carbs as well along with a moderate amount of healthy fats.

If you are serious enough to start cycling then you should be serious enough to get strict with your diet

It took me a while to figure out, but diet is very important!!!
    http://s97997631.onlinehome.us/web/2...202004%20c.jpg
    i definatly agree with ya bro, its just that i dont know how you can eat the same thing every day? dont you wanna just throw up looking at it after a month or two? my problem is finding ways to make each meal not taste like cardboard while trying to eat good. looking at your pics you definatly know what yoru doing with diet, care to help me out a little and give me some sort of diet i could follow? at least a basic one

I can give you a few suggestions. I only eat chicken turkey and fish so you can change the protein to whatever you want. I cook on the weekends and at night to prepare for the next day. Cook a few pounds of chicken breast, turkey breast, make ground turkey into 6-8oz turkey burgers, bake fish, make a big pot of rice... ect. If you have all of this prepared all you need to do in the morning is pack each meal in tupperware and carry it with you to work. Since you're eating the same thing everyday it makes grocery shopping easy. If you don't have a food scale, buy one. It makes all of this easier because you don't have to guess your portions. I pretty much follow this diet when bulking and I throw in desserts here and there. I try not to have more than 2 desserts a day.

Meal 1
    4 oz Chicken breast
    5 whole eggs
    1 cup oatmeal

Meal 2
    8-10 oz chicken breast
    8 oz Sweet potato (or 1 cup of brown or white rice)

Meal 3
    8 oz Turkey burger with bbque sauce
    1 cup brown or white rice
    6 spears of asparagus (or any vegetable)

Meal 4
    8-10 oz Ground 97% fat free Turkey
    with 1 can of red or black beans, chili seasoning and sodium free tomato sauce
    1 cup white rice

Meal 5

Meal 6
    Pre workout meal
    Protein shake with
    1 scoop Isopure in water

Meal 7
    Post workout meal
    Protein shake with
    2-3 scoops Isopure

Meal 8
    10-12 oz of Fish (Salmon, halibut, tuna steak, haddock, ect)
    1 cup rice

Meal 9
    AM over night
    Protein shake

I can give you a few suggestions. I only eat chicken turkey and fish so you can change the protein to whatever you want. I cook on the weekends and at night to prepare for the next day. Cook a few pounds of chicken breast, turkey breast, make ground turkey into 6-8oz turkey burgers, bake fish, make a big pot of rice... ect. If you have all of this prepared all you need to do in the morning is pack each meal in tupperware and carry it with you to work. Since you're eating the same thing everyday it makes grocery shopping easy. If you don't have a food scale, buy one. It makes all of this easier because you don't have to guess your portions. I pretty much follow this diet when bulking and I throw in desserts here and there. I try not to have more than 2 desserts a day.

Meal 1
    4 oz Chicken breast
    5 whole eggs
    1 cup oatmeal

Meal 2
    8-10 oz chicken breast
    8 oz Sweet potato (or 1 cup of brown or white rice)

Meal 3

Meal 4
    8-10 oz Ground 97% fat free Turkey
    with 1 can of red or black beans, chili seasoning and sodium free tomato sauce
    1 cup white rice

Meal 5

Meal 6
    Pre workout meal
    Protein shake with
    1 scoop Isopure in water

Meal 7
    Post workout meal
    Protein shake with
    2-3 scoops Isopure

Meal 8
    10-12 oz of Fish (Salmon, halibut, tuna steak, haddock, ect)
    1 cup rice

Meal 9
    AM over night
    Protein shake
    ok but what do you do when you get sick of chicken and tuna? cause im sick of both right now

i definatly agree with ya bro, its just that i dont know how you can eat the same thing every day? dont you wanna just throw up looking at it after a month or two? my problem is finding ways to make each meal not taste like cardboard while trying to eat good. looking at your pics you definatly know what yoru doing with diet, care to help me out a little and give me some sort of diet i could follow? at least a basic one
    OK, the above diet I posted... I forgot to say since you're bulking you can season the foods however you like. Buy different marinades and seasoning to season the meats with. Even though you're eating the same foods everyday you at least get a variety of different tastes in each meal.

Food to me serves one purpose right now, it makes me grow We all make sacrifices... I have not done a cycle yet and the thought of doing one stresses me out more than eating the same thing every day...

I bet you that if you got strict with your diet and stayed natural you would get better results than with your current diet and cycle... on the other hand if you get serious with your diet and do cycle on top of that you are in for some serious gains... that is my plan for this winter!

ok but what do you do when you get sick of chicken and tuna? cause im sick of both right now
    That's why I also buy turkey breast, ground turkey and fish. I hate canned tuna so when I eat tuna I cook tuna steak or any other fish for that matter. You may be getting sick of the foods because you're cooking them so bland. If you eat red meat you can cook a lean steak instead of chicken.

Here are my protein sources...

chicken
    beef
    horse meat
    salmon
    talapia
    canned tuna
    egg whites
    fat free cottage cheese

When all else fails I use an whey isolate protein powder...

If I don't have time for a meal I make a shake from real food... Here are some examples...

500ML Tomato juice or V8
    1 large can tuna
    tobasco sauce and you can add a spoon of olive oil for some fats

oatmeal shake (I eat this every morning)
    1 cup of dry oats
    250ML boiling water
    340ML egg whites
    Walden farm 0 calorie maple syrup
    cynamon
    when bulking I toss in a banana
    if you are hard gainer you can throw in a big spoon of natural peanut butter

got ya, soooo how are the wheels

Are you asking me what I think of your wheels?

Are you asking me what I think of your wheels?
    yeah, cause someone wanted to see pics of them, then i posted them and didnt get any response to them, i know they are skinny so im ready for it lol

thickmass is offline Member
    JC you can season the frick'n chicken and mix tuna in no fat mayo... stop ya whining

look on the bright side... you got room to grow! Last year my legs where REALLY small!

Not bad. Your calves could use more size. Quads could use more size to but that will come with time. You an tell you train them.

Here are my protein sources...

horse meat
    what, no kangaroo?

Not bad. Your calves could use more size. Quads could use more size to but that will come with time. You an tell you train them.
    yes im cursed with short calve muscles, i train them, but i cant lengthen them.

Quote Originally Posted by thickmass
    JC you can season the frick'n chicken and mix tuna in no fat mayo... stop ya whining
    i know, but im know im not the only person that thinks eating like we do gets old real quick

what, no kangaroo?
    http://www.vianderichelieu.com/en/ch...me1_cheval.htm

Clarifying the notion of horsemeat

As soon as prehistoric times, horsemeat was much appreciated for its typical taste. Afterwards, its nutritional qualities were ignored and the animal was used for work and sports purposes. But lately, we can say that horsemeat is back and going strong. Belgian consumers are really going for it since the increase in the mad cow cases. They have abandoned the beef counters. For the last ten years, horsemeat sales have gone up drastically!

In Canada, where red meat consumption has gone down because of its high fat content, horsemeat is once more appreciated.

Since June 1994, we can find horsemeat in Quebec's grocery stores. Several cuts are available; they are vacuum packed for preservation purposes. Its taste is slightly sweet because of its glycogen content which is three times higher than the amount found in beef. The meat is so tender that it requires minimal cooking time. Furthermore, it can be used during the week because of its affordable price which is less expensive than ostrich meat also known as health meat.

Nutrients

Horsemeat is an excellent source of high quality protein, B12 vitamin and zinc .Because of its low fat content (3%) and low cholesterol content, horsemeat is easily digestible. Finally, its dark red color is an indication of a high iron content: 4mg per 100g of meat, way above beef or pork. Horsemeat is recommended for people needing high iron content food such as pregnant women and anemic people.

One might say: does horsemeat have any weak points? It is quite vulnerable, it can be easily contaminated by germs especially if it is minced. But let us remember that the public health standards are the same for the horse and the beef slaughterhouses.

Horsemeat - Cooked meat
    (100 g portion)

Meat cut Energy KJ Proteins Gr Fat Cholesterol Iron B12 Vit.
    Roast 175 28.1 6.05 Gr 68. Mg 5.03 ml 3.16 ml

Horsemeat - Raw meat
    (100 g portion)

Meat Cut Energy KJ Proteins Gr Fat Cholesterol Iron B12 Vit.
    Roast 133 21.3 4.6 gr 52.0 Mg 3.82 ml 3.0 ml

The horse and its origin

Some sixty millions years ago, Eohippus (hyracotherium), the ancestor of the actual horse, made its first steps in the Paleocene forests.

This small mammal, the size of a dog, barely 40 centimeters high, fed mainly on leaves.

Its four toes were well adapted to its biotope: the marshland. Because of climatic upheavals, Eohippus had to leave the forest. In this open field, it became an easy prey for the predators. This new situation probably led Eohippus to instinctively run away; this situation is also certainly responsible for the atrophy of its first toe. While "loosing" this support, Eohippus, now known as Mesohippuss, could now run much faster.

Mesohippuss is slightly taller than its ancestor; it is approximately fifty centimeters tall. It will take another 20 million years for Mesohippuss to grow another forty centimeters and become this ninety centimeter athlete.

It is now known as Merychippus. It belongs to the perissodactyla family: it now rests on the ground on only one toe.

Ten million years later, Merychippus becomes Pliohippus, the whole-hoofed animal (one toe). It is 115 centimeters but contrarily to the actual horse, its hoof is split in two.

Features

Horsemeat is now sold in top quality butcher shops and supermarkets along with beef, pork, veal and poultry.. The Agriculture law requires that the following information be included: type of meat, weight, date it was packed and price. This information is an advantage for the consumer looking for the best meat cut without any loss. It will be easy for you to appreciate the quality of horsemeat if you are familiar with its main features and with the various factors that influence the quality of the meat.

A popular saying states : "old beef, bad meat; old horse, good meat"! Connoisseurs appreciate older horsemeat because it has matured and it is ready for consumption. The horse butcher's stall has two suggestions: first, the colt, with its white meat, its nutritious value equivalent to veal, its neutral taste and its easily digestible meat and then the adult horse meat. At the age of 3 or 4, the horse meat is already very good but after its seventh year, it is simply delicious. Horse meat can be eaten at a later age as long as the horse was not submitted to hard work. It is interesting to know that a horse can live up to age twenty-five to thirty.

The sex of the animal

The slaughterhouse has categorized the animals by decreasing order of quality: the mare, the gelded horse (castrated), and the stallion. The male's muscular mass is much greater than that of the female and also firmer.

Race

Thoroughbreds and half-breds are most appreciated for their tender, red and succulent meat; the fat is quite firm. Without any distinction, all horse species are sought after; there is no official quality classification as for the beef because of the meat's constant quality. Mule and donkey meat which are tastier than horsemeat are not for consumption except in Spain and in Portugal. The law makes a clear distinction regarding these "first cousins" before slaughtering. Zebra meat is strong, too fat and very tough…an exotic meat to be left for a lion's appetite!

Color

The meat is of a bright red: but soon after it is cut, the muscle takes on a typical rusty color.

This feature is a guarantee of quality. The fat is fine, firm and of a nice saffron color which comes from the carotene in corn and the grass from the pasture. Contrarily to beef where meat and fat are intertwined, horsemeat is wrapped around the muscle.

Tenderness

Horsemeat gives us the impression that it has been tenderized It is known as the most tender meat there is: a specific biological process is used to tenderize the muscular fibers. Other meat require three or four days before they can be consumed in order to allow for the rigidity to disappear and for the autolytic enzymes to act: horsemeat reaches maximum tenderness in 24 hours which makes it ready for consumption very early. Butcher shops can offer meat that has been cut on the day following slaughtering.

Taste

Its taste is a combination of beef and deer: it's pleasant and slightly sweet due to its glycogen content from the muscle tissue. Pan fried, horsemeat can be mistaken for first quality beef.; if you choose to marinate it and cook it on the barbecue, your friends will be wondering and will congratulate you for this succulent recipe.

Meat cuts

Each cut is judged according to its tenderness, its taste and its reputation. The prime cuts are sold as roast, steak or minced meat. Less tender cuts can be used for stews and pot roasts.. For delicatessen purposes, you will find pure horse sausages, horse and pork sausages, pastrami and horse pâtés. For manipulation and classification purposes, the horse carcass is divided in two and then separated in half carcasses (front quarter and hind quarter). There are two great types of cut: the French cut and the North-American cut. The first comes from way back when and was developed because of a very demanding clientele; the meat cuts are sophisticated and uniformly tender. The French butcher is a well respected professional not to say that the North American butcher is not a professional.

carlos i dont see any fruit in that diet...

Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    Jc's problem is he's a Philly boy and is use to eating food that may not
    be good for you, but tastes **** good... BTW bro you know about
    Princeton Deli? I miss that place... Actually I miss alot of places in the
    city and around that area... Anyway you have already gotta some solid
    advice by Carlos E and Andre and your should listen... I'm not going to
    repeat anything, but I would up your calorie intake by 1,000 per day for
    starters for sure... Bulking or gaining size was your goal on this one, so
    eat like you want to grow and bump up your protein intake by at least
    100 more grams as well 250 grams is barely over 1 gram for every pound
    of bodyweight... Shoot for 2 grams per pound of bodyweight... good luck...

carlos i dont see any fruit in that diet...
    I know. I really don't eat a lot of fruit.

Quote Originally Posted by buff87
    Jc's problem is he's a Philly boy and is use to eating food that may not
    be good for you, but tastes **** good... BTW bro you know about
    Princeton Deli? I miss that place... Actually I miss alot of places in the
    city and around that area... Anyway you have already gotta some solid
    advice by Carlos E and Andre and your should listen... I'm not going to
    repeat anything, but I would up your calorie intake by 1,000 per day for
    starters for sure... Bulking or gaining size was your goal on this one, so
    eat like you want to grow and bump up your protein intake by at least
    100 more grams as well 250 grams is barely over 1 gram for every pound
    of bodyweight... Shoot for 2 grams per pound of bodyweight... good luck...
    haha, sooo true, and im italian so i like my **** to taste really good, i guess ill just start living on 5 cheese steaks a day and rotate with spagetti and meatballs every other day lol. na honestly im gonna go to the store tomorrow and pick up some stuff. see if i can make my food work and taste good at the same time

Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    Hey bro this thread got me searching the web for that placed I named
    and I couldn't find it anywhere.. It was on the corner of Princeton Ave
    and Edmund St about 2-3 blocks off Cottman Ave... You know if it's
    still there? LMK if you do I've been craving it for awhile, use to go
    there 2x per week easy when I worked around that way... Use to be
    called Princeton Deli was a market and deli all in one... Good people too...

haha, sooo true, and im italian so i like my **** to taste really good, i guess ill just start living on 5 cheese steaks a day and rotate with spagetti and meatballs every other day lol. na honestly im gonna go to the store tomorrow and pick up some stuff. see if i can make my food work and taste good at the same time

Quote Originally Posted by buff87
    Hey bro this thread got me searching the web for that placed I named
    and I couldn't find it anywhere.. It was on the corner of Princeton Ave
    and Edmund St about 2-3 blocks off Cottman Ave... You know if it's
    still there? LMK if you do I've been craving it for awhile, use to go
    there 2x per week easy when I worked around that way... Use to be
    called Princeton Deli was a market and deli all in one... Good people too...
    ill find out, my mom lives around that area, im farther down in the city usually, either fishtown or im out in the burbs lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information