Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    beyonddriven is offline Associate Member

My 1st posted pic

This is a pic of me two months ago at 212lbs. I just turned 20 and I am 5'8 my measurements are arms 17 and 3/4 cold 18.5 pumped. wheels 26 cold, not sure about pumped. I know this is a crappy picture since it is only upper body and at an angle. I am charging a D cam so I can post better pics in a couple days. Dont worry I will show the wheels as they are one of my strong points. I am now a little lighter at 206lbs. I have began running 4 days a week to cut up for a show in July. Comments are appriecated flame away!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My 1st posted pic-my-pic.jpg  

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Looking pretty dense there bro.

~SC~

durden is offline New Member
    lookin thick brotha

NevrSayNevr is offline Associate Member
    You should be proud, I am waiting for a digital camera for Christmas, the one i got 2 years ago quit working, crappy $90 dollar one.

you look real good bro, got the body that im shoting for....what does your workout routine look like

tycin is offline Anabolic Member
    ya your looking good bro.

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by beyonddriven
    This is a pic of me two months ago at 212lbs. I just turned 20 and I am 5'8 my measurements are arms 17 and 3/4 cold 18.5 pumped. wheels 26 cold, not sure about pumped. I know this is a crappy picture since it is only upper body and at an angle. I am charging a D cam so I can post better pics in a couple days. Dont worry I will show the wheels as they are one of my strong points. I am now a little lighter at 206lbs. I have began running 4 days a week to cut up for a show in July. Comments are appriecated flame away!
    Nice over all shape and thickness. You look pretty balanced which is good since you want to compete. The only thing I see is bring up the forearms. In the months you have left to bulk before you cut for your show I would concentrate on putting as much size on your legs as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by CarvedFromStone
    you look real good bro, got the body that im shoting for....what does your workout routine look like

I use to have a typical five day split. I changed my routine recently to the Dogg Crapp training program in hopes of putting on some pounds. I started to plateu on size and strentgh on my old split. I havent been on AS for over a year now and it proved to be too hard to continue to gain size on a typical 5 day split without the extra help. Since switching over to Dogg Crapp I have gotten alot stronger however my weight hasnt changed much. I would recommed thateveryone atleast try to Dogg Crapp training for a couple months to see if it works for them. In prep for my contest I will most likely change it once again. Yeah I do need to bring up my forearms carlos. I have never liked working b/c I did not see them as a piority. When you say get the legs bigger do you mean that 26 or 27 isnt in porportion to my body? Or that legs can always be bigger when entering a contest?

Oh yeah, I forgot to ask about what you guys think my body fat is. I work at a gym for a part time job and the system we have is said to be fairly accurate. When I was last tested around the time of that pic I was said to be around 10.5%

Iowa is offline Banned
    Your upper body looks nice and symetrical, I agree with Carlos on the forearms. Nice shape though, good job

Iowa is offline Banned
    Oh yeah, I forgot to ask about what you guys think my body fat is. I work at a gym for a part time job and the system we have is said to be fairly accurate. When I was last tested around the time of that pic I was said to be around 10.5%
    Id guess around 10ish.

Yeah I do need to bring up my forearms carlos. I have never liked working b/c I did not see them as a piority. When you say get the legs bigger do you mean that 26 or 27 isnt in porportion to my body? Or that legs can always be bigger when entering a contest?
    Do you wear straps? If you do stop. That should help a bit building forearms. I never train my forearms directly but I never use straps. Even when I'm doing heavy deadlifts.

I say get your quads as big as possible because I lost a lot of size on them when I dieted for my contest. I lost 4 inches. I did make the mistake of over dieting but if I had them bigger to begin with the loss of 4 inches wouldn't have looked so bad. In a contest your legs can never be too big.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E
    Do you wear straps? If you do stop. That should help a bit building forearms. I never train my forearms directly but I never use straps. Even when I'm doing heavy deadlifts.

I say get your quads as big as possible because I lost a lot of size on them when I dieted for my contest. I lost 4 inches. I did make the mistake of over dieting but if I had them bigger to begin with the loss of 4 inches wouldn't have looked so bad. In a contest your legs can never be too big.
    Nope never have used straps for the very same reason you pointed out. How many weeks out were you before you started running? You mentioned walking would be a good idea at this point......for long how and how many days a week? Yeah, after watching the Rocky Mountain I noticed the importance of maintaining size and shape in the legs. What size were your legs at the time of the comp?

How many weeks out were you before you started running? You mentioned walking would be a good idea at this point......for long how and how many days a week?
    Never ran for cardio. Only walked on the treadmill, biked, stair master or elliptical. Buy a heart rate meter and do cardio in the 60-70% max heart rate range. Your contest is in July right? You really don't have to start dieting and doing cardio so far out. Most people start any where from 20-12 weeks before the show.

What size were your legs at the time of the comp?
    Small. I lost so much size. They were about 24" on stage.

rborwn77 is offline Associate Member
    I wish I looked that good bro ,keep up the good work
    try to enjoy how big you are instead of obsessing that you are not big enough (oh wait I am talking to myself ,hahaha j/k)

GetinBig is offline Anabolic Member
    Lookin good bro.. That is what I am shooting for.

BiggerBri2002 is offline Senior Member
    You look pretty amazing for 20 years old dude. Awesome work.

Get us some more pics. Like I always say you guys at 5'8 and 5'9 are the luckiest bastards out there. It sucks being over 6ft...but I ain't complaining

TheDfromGC is offline Anabolic Member
    nicely built, thats what im hoping to get like within a year or 2, still need to gain about 25 pounds though, what type of diet u have going???

cool7425 is offline Junior Member
    Looking good. That's what I want to look like. 5'11", 200# here. I figure I got like 25 lbs to go. Keep up the good work.

ozmax98 is offline Associate Member
    u look great!!!! and what is the dogg crapp training??? thanks... also what is your daily diet routine.. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheDfromGC
    nicely built, thats what im hoping to get like within a year or 2, still need to gain about 25 pounds though, what type of diet u have going???
    I read one of the stickies on diet and ended up with a diet of around 3700 cals. The usual stuff: eggs,chicken,tuna,lean beef,fish,isopure protein,brown rice,multigrain bread etc. All the good stuff and none of the Sh*t. I have a clean diet but I dont pay attention to it like some of the bros on the board. I sometimes mess up a meal or miss one but hey it is hard when you are in college and poor

Quote Originally Posted by ozmax98
    u look great!!!! and what is the dogg crapp training??? thanks... also what is your daily diet routine.. thanks
    Put it in the search bar. I cant explain it to you b/c it goes into too much detail. Its a good read if you decide to do it or not. Good luck man

bignatt is offline Anabolic Member
    Looking very big man what did your AS cycle look like

bro you look unbelievable, once its time to cut that up for contest youshould be massive. O, and biggerbri2002 dont knock yourself for being over 6' tall. Im 6'1'', 204 lbs. and it looks really goood. i personally feel taller looks better, gives the body a more spread out look and it really means something to be able to put on good size with a huge body frame. bro, when you start getting massive and cut your 6 foot + frame will be amazing.

dr.shred is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BiggerBri2002
    You look pretty amazing for 20 years old dude. Awesome work.

Get us some more pics. Like I always say you guys at 5'8 and 5'9 are the luckiest bastards out there. It sucks being over 6ft...but I ain't complaining
    are you kidding me i would do anything to be over 6ft.

dr.shred is offline Senior Member
    o btw beyondriven you very porportional. Like carlos said try to get as big as possible before your show because you will lose some size from the diet. Overall though you look great. i would your chest could use a little more size though.

Quote Originally Posted by ozmax98
    here you go :

http://www.ironmag.com/articles/trai...ing_manual.htm

Got legs tonight, after my workout I will have my roomate take some pics.

Quote Originally Posted by bignatt
    Looking very big man what did your AS cycle look like
    I took 400 to 500mg EW of EQ for ten weeks. It worked well most likely since it was my 1st and only cycle. I gained about 12-15 lbs of lean mass. Havent taken anything in over a year mainly b/c of money and my source was crap. He only sold IP AS. I wouldnt recommend any one take IP stuff it is dirty Sh*t. When I get some cash together I plan on giving it another try. Hopefully I can get that done before the contest.

I took 400 to 500mg EW of EQ for ten weeks. It worked well most likely since it was my 1st and only cycle. I gained about 12-15 lbs of lean mass. Havent taken anything in over a year mainly b/c of money and my source was crap. He only sold IP AS. I wouldnt recommend any one take IP stuff it is dirty Sh*t. When I get some cash together I plan on giving it another try. Hopefully I can get that done before the contest.
    you took eq with no TEST ???????? how hard did that shut you down

bignatt is offline Anabolic Member
    cool man you didnt use any test with it?

Ok this was the only pic that turned out. I had one close up of the legs but it was blurry as hell. I will try once again in a couple days but my roomate needs to get a new disc 1st. He has a kinda getto D cam that uses discs I have never seen that before. Oh well here it is Flame away I need the constructive criticism.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My 1st posted pic-full-body-pic.jpg  

workdude is offline Senior Member
    Looking **** good bro...

BigRandy is offline Associate Member
    lookin good big man. cant really comment on the legs in that pic though

Ok this was the only pic that turned out. I had one close up of the legs but it was blurry as hell. I will try once again in a couple days but my roomate needs to get a new disc 1st. He has a kinda getto D cam that uses discs I have never seen that before. Oh well here it is Flame away I need the constructive criticism.
    It would be better to have a picture from the front or flexing your legs from the side. Your calves should be the same size as your arms so they need to come up in size. Your biceps/triceps look pretty good. From the picture it looks like you could use more size on your quads and hamstrings. Specially since they're going to get smaller when you cut for your contest.

It would be better to have a picture from the front or flexing your legs from the side. Your calves should be the same size as your arms so they need to come up in size. Your biceps/triceps look pretty good. From the picture it looks like you could use more size on your quads and hamstrings. Specially since they're going to get smaller when you cut for your contest.
    yeah my calves are an inch behind my arms. When I was in highschool I was one of those kids that only worked out upper body for the most part, dont know what I was thinking at the time . I have been training the legs hard for the past year and a half with great success. My quads are very large in comparison to my hamstrings. Not really sure why they developed that way. I have good depth on my squats so that shouldnt be the problem. Maybe just genetics Hopefully the summo deadlifts I started will help with that. As far as the other pics go I have a friend who has a better camera so I will use that and get the straight on pics. I would like to go light heavy but I think I would have to add another 10 lean pounds to pull that off. But I guess at least I know where to put that extra weight.

yeah my calves are an inch behind my arms. When I was in highschool I was one of those kids that only worked out upper body for the most part, dont know what I was thinking at the time . I have been training the legs hard for the past year and a half with great success. My quads are very large in comparison to my hamstrings. Not really sure why they developed that way. I have good depth on my squats so that shouldnt be the problem. Maybe just genetics Hopefully the summo deadlifts I started will help with that. As far as the other pics go I have a friend who has a better camera so I will use that and get the straight on pics. I would like to go light heavy but I think I would have to add another 10 lean pounds to pull that off. But I guess at least I know where to put that extra weight.
    Do you train hamstrings along with quads or do you do them on a separate day?

I think my hamstrings grow faster than my quads. For hamstrings I do 4 heavy sets of stiff leg deadlifts, 4 sets standing leg curls, 4 sets seated leg curls, then 2-3 sets single leg laying curls. I also hit calves and adductor on hamstring day.

Do you train hamstrings along with quads or do you do them on a separate day?

I think my hamstrings grow faster than my quads. For hamstrings I do 4 heavy sets of stiff leg deadlifts, 4 sets standing leg curls, 4 sets seated leg curls, then 2-3 sets single leg laying curls. I also hit calves and adductor on hamstring day.
    I train them on the same day as quads. But I am starting to question that way of training. I am so dead after I put the time in on my quads that my hams probably pay for it. What about you? From what you posted I am assuming hams are on their own day. I am at a cross roads I guess you could say with my training. I am sticking with Heavy weight low reps right now but I am wondering if it is hurting me as far as vascularity, and shape. If I up the sets I am afraid of over training since I am not on gear right now. Any thoughts?

I train them on the same day as quads. But I am starting to question that way of training. I am so dead after I put the time in on my quads that my hams probably pay for it. What about you? From what you posted I am assuming hams are on their own day. I am at a cross roads I guess you could say with my training. I am sticking with Heavy weight low reps right now but I am wondering if it is hurting me as far as vascularity, and shape. If I up the sets I am afraid of over training since I am not on gear right now. Any thoughts?
    Well, I stick to heavy weight lower reps and stuck with it during contest prep until the last week before the show. Low reps heavy weight work well for me. You have to figure out what works for your body.

I started training hamstrings on a separate day from quads because I used to do the same thing. After quads I was so wiped out I didn't have enough energy to get a good hamstring workout. By splitting them on a separate day I have the energy to train them harder.

BigJames is offline Senior Member
    Looking awesome dude. As far as forearms go, some people need to isolate them to get them to grow. I only use straps on really heavy lifts for reps. I train forearms after bis: 3 sets of reverse wrist curls and 3 sets of wrist curls. After that...I can hardly move my hands. Thick forearms look awesome.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information