Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    GMuscle is offline Associate Member

Gmuscle's road to competing in 2005

I am starting this thread to document this years (2005) off-season and preparation for competing. I hired a nutritionist/trainer and we will see how it workks out. I have not been training for the past 2 1/2 months due to a strained lower back. I started training with the program he recommended on 12-27-04. It is 5 days a week 1-2 muscles a day only working the whole body once a week. I am eating 2 1/2 pounds of meat (Chicken, Turkey, Groud Beef, Fish) a a day and drinking 2 shakes a day with 70 grams of protein a day. I will do Cardio 3 days a week after training for 20 minutes. I have to say so far I am sore as hell, a couple months off makes a huge difference. The hardest part of this program is the diet. It has been 5 days now of training and I have gained 4 pounds. I missed a couple meals the last 2 days. I will reveal my trainers name at the end of the year so don't bother asking until then. I am not on any AS yet but I may start soon. This is the first of three Phases to get me ready to compete. I am taking alot of vitamins he recommended. I will post them later. Here are some before pictures from a couple weeks ago, I know I look like crap but we should see some big changes in the weeks to come.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Gmuscle's road to competing in 2005-gmuscles-before-pictures-2-12-12-2004.jpg   Gmuscle's road to competing in 2005-gmuscles-before-pictures-12-12-2004.jpg  

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    2.5 lbs. of meat a day huh?

Sure hope you have some veggies/fiber in there somewhere, or you won't make it to phase 3.

~SC~

Answer to Swolecat's question

He has me eat 2 cups oatmeal 1st meal, rice 2nd, veggies on sandwich 3rd, 10 oz potatoe 4th, 1 cup rice 1 cup veggies 1 slice whole wheat bread 5th meal, 2 tablespoons peanut butter 6th meal, a 70 gram protein drink 1st and 6th meal and 10 oz meat with meals 2-5. Now you have a pretty good breakdown of the diet. I can snack on fruit and stuff between if I like. There are a lot of other vitamins I am taking in addition to the food. Now you should have a pretty good idea of the first part of the program. Lets just see how it works out? I will post some pictures in a couple weeks and post if and when I start AS program.

So you are not dieting of course then, not w/all that stuff.

I said veggies for your colon and bowel movements, to keep things movin' along.

~SC~

I call it a diet....

I call it a "Diet" because it is regimented. I cannot eat junk food and I have to eat every 2 1/2 - 3 hours. So I guess to me it is a diet because I have very bad eating habits. I eat a lot of junk usually like in those pictures I posted. I had been eating 2-3 times a day never worry about missing meals and munch on cookies and Ho-Ho's and stuff like that with the kids. I was drinking a lot of sodas and whole milk the whole time off after the contest in July. I gained 30+ pounds since the show. Now I have to try not to miss meals and I can't whatever I want it is all "clean" compared to my regular garbage diet. There I go again withthe diet thing, it is just a habit. Swolecat I hope to look half as good as you by the end of the year.

Thanks for the compliment bro, I really appreciate it.

I know what you mean about "diet" being a regimented way of eating, and not neccessarily a "calorie restriction" approach as many think of when they hear "diet".
    I too have been eating sh*t food for the last 4-5 weeks w/my wife and son, as I had my knee scoped and lost about 5 lbs. during those 2-3 days after, and then began to just eat EVERYTHING at the advice of the physical therapists who told me I needed to get some "meat" on me. They mean "FAT" for cushion/repair/etc., so I'll be cleaning it up pretty soon myself.

Good luck to you in the new year bro!

~SC~

eport is offline Associate Member
    swole i bet you are still swole even losin 6 lbsyou make me sick bro!!!

9000rpm is offline Member
    Looking good man. no comment about the pony tail though.

Hed
    Hed is offline Senior Member
    Dude, you are gonna be like one of those Hydroxycut ads, where they have the guy who you can tell is jacked under his little extra weight, and in a few weeks all the sudden hes this huge swimsuit model. You have the base, you just gotta sculpt it a little. Good luck!

Latimus is offline Banned
    those pics a too small.....do you have anything bigger...good luck anyway

Update

I went to get some bloodwork done last week and found that things were a little off. My weight was 226lbs and liver enzymes were slightly elivated, my colesterol was 208. Blood pressure was a little high, and my Testosterone was 1318. I did a treadmill test that week and had four heart palpatations in a row. So they had me go in this last Friday and take that test again but with the Nuclear Dye. I get the results this comming week from that test. I laid off the AAS for the whole week before the Nuclear test and my blood pressure went down from 140/90 to 134/78. My resting heart rate went down from 91 to 77. I am going to get back in the gym Monday and soon as I get the results from the nuclear test I am going to get back on my AAS but on less if that is possible. I was only taking 200mg Deca and 250mg Enanthate twice a week and 3 d-bol in the morning and 3 at nite. And I just started doing that in the last two weeks. I will cut this back to only 200mg of Deca and 250mg Enanthate with maybe 1-2 d-bol morning /nite. I will do more cardio and eat much cleaner. I will post some updated picture in a week or so.

BeerBaron is offline Senior Member
    Dang Bro, hope every thing works out ok. Good luck

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    yo G...

drop all the bol if possible..that should lower your Bp without you having to lessen the amount of test-E of Deca you're shooting

best wishes

I'm Back!

I started dieting for a show in July, should I start a new thread or continue this one? I can post pics tomorrow.

Safety31 is offline Banned
    keep postin on this one..im curious to see how u look

Here are some Pics

These look like shit but I am hoping thing get better in the next 48 days.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Gmuscle's road to competing in 2005-5-30-05-rear-double-bi.jpg   Gmuscle's road to competing in 2005-5-30-05-front-lat.jpg   Gmuscle's road to competing in 2005-5-30-05-standing-relax.jpg   Gmuscle's road to competing in 2005-5-30-05-most-muscular.jpg   Gmuscle's road to competing in 2005-5-30-05-calves.jpg  

A couple more,

Critic the hell out of them. I am very disappointed so far.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Gmuscle's road to competing in 2005-5-30-05-rear-lat.jpg   Gmuscle's road to competing in 2005-5-30-05-front-ab.jpg   Gmuscle's road to competing in 2005-5-30-05-front-muscular.jpg   Gmuscle's road to competing in 2005-5-30-05-side-chest.jpg  

These Pics

These pictures were all taken when I woke up. Half awake, unfed, unpumped and thirsty. May not be the best way to take pictures but I figured I would show me at my worst and later at my best

Dally is offline The Dally Lama
    how tall are you?

how old are you?

your progress since the initial pictures is noticeable.

Keep truckin bro.

You most glaring deficiency in in your hamstring IMO..it's most noticeable form the rear..and less so from the side

when's your first contest this year?

slob is offline Member
    add some more mass to hamstrings+calves and i think that would improve the overall package.
    quads look alright.

First this year

July 16th, I am going to bump up the cardio to 2 hours a day and change my training a little. Should I cut back on quad training and do more hams now??

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    looking great!

DrJay73 is offline Associate Member
    Looks like your coming along just fine bro!

Keep up the hard work cause it's paying off for sure

Quote Originally Posted by GMuscle
    July 16th, I am going to bump up the cardio to 2 hours a day and change my training a little. Should I cut back on quad training and do more hams now??
    No don't cut back.

Keep the intensity high...bump the intensity on hamstrings up a notch.

What's your leg routine like?

Looking good, very impressive progress bro.

Things are going good

I took a couple days away from the diet and training (needed it). I started back with a good tight diet Monday this week. Four weeks out my bodyfat is in the mid 5% range. I am using two different bodyfat calipers so I get a good range. One of them is a single sight skinfold caliper with a chart and the second is a three site digital skinfold caliper. I will post some pictures this weekend. As for the questions about hamstring routines I bumped it up a bit. Tonite I did the seated curl machine for 6 sets for 15,12,10,10,8,8 reps going as high as 215lbs on the last two sets. Then a shitty leg curl machine that uses free weights and seperates each leg for 6 sets 15,12,10,10,8,8 reps ending with 50lbs on each leg, then I went to a cable machine and used ankle wrap to connect to the lower pulley (I never do these just started) and did 6 sets one leg at a time really try to curl the weight up like concentration leg curls 80lbs-15reps, 90lbs-15reps, 110-12reps, 110-12reps, 120-10reps and then a drop set on each leg with three pins doing 150lbs-10reps pull a pin 80lbs-10reps pull a pin then 40lbs-10reps. Then two sets of heavy Stiff-leg deadlifts 225lbs-10reps and then 315lbs-6reps. That was Hamstring for today then I did Quads for 11 sets include some One and a half reps, 900lb leg presses, and ending with 3 triple drop sets on the leg extention machine setting the pins at 250lbs,140lbs,and 70lbs for 10 reps each with no rest. My legs were screaming. What do you think about that on a diet with 1 cup of Oatmeal, 1/2 cup rice and 1 1/2 cups of brocolli a day for carbs. I am doing an hour of cardio in the morning and an hour at night on top of the training. Crazy

Here are some fresh pics taken 6-30-05

I have been cheating on my diet big time. Pizza and crap like that. I am trying to do better since Monday of this week. Except yesterday I had a Monster Burger for lunch at Red Robin and then a Chicken Burrito with just meat and tortilla and then a big Porterhouse steak for dinner. That was yester day, today I have been very good. 16 Days out now I am weighing 188-189lbs and I am 5% on my three site electronic skin calipers (BS in my opinion) I am still holding water and I actually look better than the pictures show. My wife took the pictures and said that she can see a lot more detail than the camera is getting in the pictures. I think she is just being nice. Here are some pictures, I will post some more soon as there will be alot of physical changes in the next 16 days before the contest.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Gmuscle's road to competing in 2005-frontab.jpg   Gmuscle's road to competing in 2005-closedhands.jpg   Gmuscle's road to competing in 2005-frontlat.jpg   Gmuscle's road to competing in 2005-fullmostmusc.jpg  

Photos from 6-30-05

Here are a couple more.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Gmuscle's road to competing in 2005-mostmusc2.jpg   Gmuscle's road to competing in 2005-mostmusc.jpg   Gmuscle's road to competing in 2005-reardouble.jpg   Gmuscle's road to competing in 2005-rearlat.jpg  

Billyspt4 is offline Associate Member
    Looking a lot better. You're really coming along nicely

BeerBaron is offline Senior Member
    calves look a lot better, and all around leaner. Nice work so far.

4U2NV is offline Associate Member
    Lookin good bro. You seem to be dialing in right on time. Keep that diet clean so you have no regrets and congrats on your progress from day one pics.

DEVLDOG is offline Retired VET
    Thats An Amazing Transformation Bro..keep It Up

Placed 2nd in the open

I Placed 2nd in the Open Light Heavy, I got screwed. When they anounced I got second the guy that got third turned to me on stage and said "You got screwed", bunch of people in the audience booed the decision. Life is a bitch, I will do better next time. I will post some pics soon as I get them, and you guys can decide who you think should have won.

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    sucks that u got dicked over, but congrats on gettin second,

Input please

Should I do a show in October or start putting some size on now for next year? The show in October is a national qualifier, I was just thinking of trying to get big as hell for next year and be more impressive when I compete. Input anyone. Here are pictures from the last show on in July. What do you guys think, compete or grow and compete next year??
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Gmuscle's road to competing in 2005-dscn8082.jpg   Gmuscle's road to competing in 2005-dscn8125.jpg   Gmuscle's road to competing in 2005-dscn8135.jpg   Gmuscle's road to competing in 2005-mstmusc.jpg   Gmuscle's road to competing in 2005-reardouble.jpg  

collar is offline Anabolic Member
    i might be late on this thread
    i would have to say u look good but ur hamstrings need improving
    i guess thats something u work towards
    and maybe come in little harder next time..
    but congrats on result and welldone

MASTER is offline "I Own You"
    gd upper body and quads, but u realli need to hammer out some lunges, stiff legged deadlifts and hamstring curls to get ur glutes and hams out.

Anyone???

Still no input as to if I should compete in Ovt or just focus on getting bigger for next year.

thickmass is offline Member
    I say compete in October. The experience and feedback are needed so you can make the most of the break between then and next year. Anyhow, It's only a few weeks away...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information