Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 38 of 38
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Prime

Thread: This is for everyone

  1. #1
    Prime's Avatar
    Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Tropical England
    Posts
    3,531

    This is for everyone

    Ok way too many people post up obscure random images of an arm or half a chest etc and say "what do you think of my pics?" No one is expected to be the next Alex Ardenti or Pat Bernal, but come on guys its not hard to shoot a pic thats not crooked, dark and way too zoomed in.

    When posting a pic does it meet this checklist

    1) Sufficient light to make physique visable
    2) Sufficient quantity of physique in picture. An arm alone is usually worthless, lets see the torso as well.
    3) A shot of the wheels, lets be honest without the wheels its hard to judge anything.
    4) Some semblance of posing quality. Im not saying you need to be the next Ed Corney but guys comon, most digital cameras come with a timer. You dont always need to be squeezed into a doorframe in order to get your physique in the reflection of a bathroom mirror.
    5) Distorted pics, yeah it happens but they are obvious, irritating and make it impossible to assess your physique.
    6) Full body pics where possible. Lets be honest, to asses a physique you need to see it. How things tie in can be as imortant as the size of each bodypart. You may have great arms and legs, but as you havent got a pic with your arms legs and toso all together you may not realise that your chest isnt up to par and neither will we.


    A few easy ways to maximise your pics

    1) Shoot your pics outside using daylight if possible, either mid morning or early evening so the sun isnt directly overhead.

    2) Hold the camera at waist height. If you hold/ place it, higher then the aspect of the pic will be off, the central point of the picture will be at the height of the camera (maybe head height) and your physique will look less impressive as it tapers down to your feet.

    3) Practice, practice, practice. Check out your poses in the mirror before you take a picture, check out what looks good and what doesnt. If youre finding it hard to master a pose, have a look at how the Pro's pose, most of them have good technique and hold themselves well.



    Im sure some people will disagree with certian aspects of this post but it needed to be said. Everyone wants to look their best and display their hard work well in their pics. Good pics show off you're best, but bad pics can make you look alot less then you really are.
    MUSCLENUTANT likes this.

  2. #2
    SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    25,778
    THANKS SO MUCH FOR THIS!!!!!

    Much needed!!!

    ~SC~

  3. #3
    ReX357's Avatar
    ReX357 is offline "Toughest & Best Looking Guy Around Here"
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    3,845
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime
    Ok way too many people post up obscure random images of an arm or half a chest etc and say "what do you think of my pics?" No one is expected to be the next Alex Ardenti or Pat Bernal, but come on guys its not hard to shoot a pic thats not crooked, dark and way too zoomed in.

    When posting a pic does it meet this checklist

    1) Sufficient light to make physique visable
    2) Sufficient quantity of physique in picture. An arm alone is usually worthless, lets see the torso as well.
    3) A shot of the wheels, lets be honest without the wheels its hard to judge anything.
    4) Some semblance of posing quality. Im not saying you need to be the next Ed Corney but guys comon, most digital cameras come with a timer. You dont always need to be squeezed into a doorframe in order to get your physique in the reflection of a bathroom mirror.
    5) Distorted pics, yeah it happens but they are obvious, irritating and make it impossible to assess your physique.
    6) Full body pics where possible. Lets be honest, to asses a physique you need to see it. How things tie in can be as imortant as the size of each bodypart. You may have great arms and legs, but as you havent got a pic with your arms legs and toso all together you may not realise that your chest isnt up to par and neither will we.


    A few easy ways to maximise your pics

    1) Shoot your pics outside using daylight if possible, either mid morning or early evening so the sun isnt directly overhead.

    2) Hold the camera at waist height. If you hold/ place it, higher then the aspect of the pic will be off, the central point of the picture will be at the height of the camera (maybe head height) and your physique will look less impressive as it tapers down to your feet.

    3) Practice, practice, practice. Check out your poses in the mirror before you take a picture, check out what looks good and what doesnt. If youre finding it hard to master a pose, have a look at how the Pro's pose, most of them have good technique and hold themselves well.



    Im sure some people will disagree with certian aspects of this post but it needed to be said. Everyone wants to look their best and display their hard work well in their pics. Good pics show off you're best, but bad pics can make you look alot less then you really are.
    Truthness spoken here. I agree 100%.

  4. #4
    Sage's Avatar
    Sage is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    SAGEVILLE City
    Posts
    2,149
    about time some1 speaks out in regards to lame ass pics......................

  5. #5
    jonnytour's Avatar
    jonnytour is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    cAnAdA, EH
    Posts
    679
    Well put. Thanx for the info!

  6. #6
    S R H's Avatar
    S R H is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Ca
    Posts
    358
    Sticky?

  7. #7
    Fat Guy's Avatar
    Fat Guy is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    So Cali. Inland Empire
    Posts
    1,273
    Sticky...It is too good not to be a sticky

  8. #8
    tycin's Avatar
    tycin is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Vancouver/Edmonton
    Posts
    3,717
    good idea to psot this! mostly all of the pics on here are horrible quality

  9. #9
    Elysium's Avatar
    Elysium is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    4,731
    Great post bro. Should be a sticky

  10. #10
    SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    25,778
    Bump for it to be STUCK!!!!!

    ~SC~

  11. #11
    bignatt's Avatar
    bignatt is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    in FL (former Masshole)
    Posts
    2,431
    I swear ive seen that somewhere before haha

  12. #12
    ReX357's Avatar
    ReX357 is offline "Toughest & Best Looking Guy Around Here"
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    3,845
    Stick It At The Top!!!

  13. #13
    KGBnine is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Yorktown
    Posts
    3,623
    Sticky this shiz....Great post prime.

  14. #14
    drdeath613's Avatar
    drdeath613 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    newport richey fl
    Posts
    1,931
    bump

  15. #15
    Maraxus's Avatar
    Maraxus is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    4,345
    Stuckness.

  16. #16
    Buckeyelifter is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    7
    Great Thread. I'm just as guilty as anyone when posting pictures but I'm sure when I decide to start posting on here, I sure as hell aren't going to put a picture with baggy clothes on so you can't see anything. I get as much from viewing progress as anyone - and I also get a lot of inspiration from people. When I see baggy clothes or just "half body" shots, then I realize that they're just doing the same thing I used to do when I had 36% bf and weighed 300 lbs. I know I"m the pot calling the kettle black cause I haven't put a pic on here, but when I do post, I'll take those suggestions to heart and make sure you have the WHOLE STORY so I can get a good assessment. Thanks once again for addressing the subject.

  17. #17
    Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,886
    I think you need to add to that, no barbie doll digital cameras, no poor quality ball shaped web cams and no cell phone cams. All of these cameras are so crappy, we cant see anything anyways, they are worthless.

  18. #18
    angelxterminator's Avatar
    angelxterminator is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Al Asad, Iraq
    Posts
    1,703
    sticky fo sho. This, along with a few other stickies should be required reading to be a part of the forum.
    This was MUCH needed, good job!

  19. #19
    Elysium's Avatar
    Elysium is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    4,731
    Bump

  20. #20
    GREENMACHINE's Avatar
    GREENMACHINE is offline Are you green enough?
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Forty shades of green
    Posts
    2,248
    Bump.

  21. #21
    SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    25,778
    Bump!!!!!!!!!!!

    Stick It Please!!!!!!

    ~sc~

  22. #22
    viking_warrior_2k is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    georga
    Posts
    73
    A'ight..., being a newbie, I get the point. I'm guilty. Just wanted some feedback about my arms my first post. Hey, gotta be proud of some body part(s), right? (Can't go around posting pics of my penis here making everyone jealous...) Not too many guys can boast of near 19" arms having only ever done 1 vial of cypianate. Even though I've got some prime love handles to be rid of, I'll go ahead and get a couple of pics posted tomorrow sans shirt, and with some legs showing. Hey, cut me some slack, I'm a beginner about to do my first cycle! Don't hate the playah, hate the game...

  23. #23
    SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    25,778
    Quote Originally Posted by viking_warrior_2k
    A'ight..., being a newbie, I get the point. I'm guilty. Just wanted some feedback about my arms my first post. Hey, gotta be proud of some body part(s), right? (Can't go around posting pics of my penis here making everyone jealous...) Not too many guys can boast of near 19" arms having only ever done 1 vial of cypianate. Even though I've got some prime love handles to be rid of, I'll go ahead and get a couple of pics posted tomorrow sans shirt, and with some legs showing. Hey, cut me some slack, I'm a beginner about to do my first cycle! Don't hate the playah, hate the game...
    Umm, this actually had nada to do w/you.



    ~SC~

  24. #24
    viking_warrior_2k is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    georga
    Posts
    73
    Hehe, I know it wasn't about me. I was just covering me arse, so to speak.

  25. #25
    Angelis's Avatar
    Angelis is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Montreal (Canada eh!)
    Posts
    1,274
    Good post bro certainly Sticky worthy!

  26. #26
    *Narkissos*'s Avatar
    *Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Barbados
    Posts
    16,357
    BUMPING this for our esteemed Brahs

  27. #27
    angelxterminator's Avatar
    angelxterminator is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Al Asad, Iraq
    Posts
    1,703
    guess no mods feel like stickifying this huh?

  28. #28
    thickmass is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    596
    OK look at my pic in my avatar. Did I follow the rules or what?

  29. #29
    Prime's Avatar
    Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Tropical England
    Posts
    3,531
    bump

  30. #30
    BDTR's Avatar
    BDTR is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    10,363
    Stickied

  31. #31
    SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    25,778
    Word!!!!!!

    ~sc~

  32. #32
    roidrage526 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1

    Hey

    i currently benchpress 300 and my body weight is 175. i want to gain weight and get up to around 200. any ideas how i can gain weight that i can turn to muscle mass instead of weight that just adds fat to my stomach?
    Attached Images Attached Images

  33. #33
    thickmass is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    596
    Quote Originally Posted by roidrage526
    i currently benchpress 300 and my body weight is 175. i want to gain weight and get up to around 200. any ideas how i can gain weight that i can turn to muscle mass instead of weight that just adds fat to my stomach?
    What has your bench got to do with your stomach?

  34. #34
    EASTCOASTKID's Avatar
    EASTCOASTKID is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    GYM
    Posts
    282
    No kidding

  35. #35
    EASTCOASTKID's Avatar
    EASTCOASTKID is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    GYM
    Posts
    282
    Poor Angelis

  36. #36
    BoredIRL is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    230
    Im too shy and embarrassed to upload my pic right now.

  37. #37
    Zofia is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4
    hahahahahahahaha,
    really???????
    fitness trainer melbourne
    Last edited by Zofia; 08-20-2011 at 05:51 AM.

  38. #38
    MUSCLENUTANT is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    292
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Ok way too many people post up obscure random images of an arm or half a chest etc and say "what do you think of my pics?" No one is expected to be the next Alex Ardenti or Pat Bernal, but come on guys its not hard to shoot a pic thats not crooked, dark and way too zoomed in.

    When posting a pic does it meet this checklist

    1) Sufficient light to make physique visable
    2) Sufficient quantity of physique in picture. An arm alone is usually worthless, lets see the torso as well.
    3) A shot of the wheels, lets be honest without the wheels its hard to judge anything.
    4) Some semblance of posing quality. Im not saying you need to be the next Ed Corney but guys comon, most digital cameras come with a timer. You dont always need to be squeezed into a doorframe in order to get your physique in the reflection of a bathroom mirror.
    5) Distorted pics, yeah it happens but they are obvious, irritating and make it impossible to assess your physique.
    6) Full body pics where possible. Lets be honest, to asses a physique you need to see it. How things tie in can be as imortant as the size of each bodypart. You may have great arms and legs, but as you havent got a pic with your arms legs and toso all together you may not realise that your chest isnt up to par and neither will we.


    A few easy ways to maximise your pics

    1) Shoot your pics outside using daylight if possible, either mid morning or early evening so the sun isnt directly overhead.

    2) Hold the camera at waist height. If you hold/ place it, higher then the aspect of the pic will be off, the central point of the picture will be at the height of the camera (maybe head height) and your physique will look less impressive as it tapers down to your feet.

    3) Practice, practice, practice. Check out your poses in the mirror before you take a picture, check out what looks good and what doesnt. If youre finding it hard to master a pose, have a look at how the Pro's pose, most of them have good technique and hold themselves well.



    Im sure some people will disagree with certian aspects of this post but it needed to be said. Everyone wants to look their best and display their hard work well in their pics. Good pics show off you're best, but bad pics can make you look alot less then you really are.
    Point well taken. I see how my pics are messing things up for me. I'm waiting to do more pics till I have a decent digital camera, all I have now is the webcam and cell phone cam.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •