Thread: my new bicep

tupac1983 is offline Associate Member

my new bicep

Been working on my biceps for a while now was just wondering what you guys think so far?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails my new bicep-picture-011.jpg   my new bicep-picture.jpg  

Hed
    Hed is offline Senior Member
    They're aite. Definately have a good peak there. Focus on the brach's (its the muscle UNDER the biceps). Things like rope curls, reverse curls, etc. That will make them much bigger, and make your arms wider looking also.

Remember, you want big arms, train the tri's like a champ. They make up 2/3's of the mass in your arms.....

carmine09 is offline Associate Member
    when taking a closer look. your bi's are ok, you need to work on your tri's what does your arm routine look like? do you train them together, seperate? what are your overall goals?

BDTR is offline Retired
    Whered you buy it? You coulda saved money on a certified pre-owned bicep as well. Try Bicepshopper.net

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    Quote Originally Posted by bdtr
    Whered you buy it? You coulda saved money on a certified pre-owned bicep as well. Try Bicepshopper.net

LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by bdtr
    i bought it 5th hand from oxfam they said some punk called bdtr used to own it it was in bad nick so i had to recondition it LOL

yes i work tri and bi together do dumbell kickbacks,straight bar pull downs,weighted dips,for bicep - straight bar curls,single dumbells and e-z bar curls.

BigJames is offline Senior Member
    I would suggest changing up the order on the tricep work, try something like:
    1) straight bar press downs
    2) skull crushers or overhead dumbbell extensions
    3) dumbbell kickbacks or single arm reverse grip press downs

BeerBaron is offline Senior Member
    What do they measure? I would add maybe hammer curls or something with a different grip and motion, I think all those bicept exercises are too similar.

Jackman is offline Banned
    kickbacks will not give you good mass.

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Looks like you could stand to benefit from eating more and doing less exercises... how many sets DO you do per exercise?

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    p.s.
    how long've you been training
    and what are your goals?

IntensityX is offline BDTRs SHEMALE
    I have a question why did you block out your face in the first pic and not the second?

MER
    MER is offline Member
    Your all natural right? Why is it your only focusing on your biceps?

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Heavy compound movements (Deadlift, squat, bench, military press) will give you more total-body mass, including biceps

thanks guys for all the info well heres some info you asked for.

yes all natural been lifting for around 4 months (properly) i am concentrating on my biceps for a couple of weeks as they were somthing left to be desired (flat) in other words. ive just got my diet in check and i am at around 145lbs 5ft7 21 years old so looking to gain around 10-15 lbs in two months to startthen ay around 1lb a week thereafter with proper supplements eg. creatine, whey protien, multi vit and lots of extra food.

i would like to get to around 190-200 lbs natural before i move on to juice i was going to do it this feb but since ive been on here for a ehilr i have changed my mind and stick to natural for 1-2 yrs first.

any more suggestions would be great i will be posting a copy of my diet in the diet forum shortly under my nutrition values any help there would be appreciated aswell thanks again bro's j.

Quote Originally Posted by IntensityX
    I have a question why did you block out your face in the first pic and not the second?
    didnt even realise not really botherd just didnt want the close up one i guess lol

bigcut77 is offline Associate Member
    Lookin good. Still a long ways to go. If you want your arms bigger the tri is the key. Not bad though...you still have years of training left

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Want big arms?

Work the legs!

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Want big arms?

Work the legs!

~SC~
    ? what does that mean unless it is that obvios i just cant see it please elabarate thanks.

MASTER is offline "I Own You"
    U want big arms, stick to basics, close grip bench, tricep extensions, barbell curls n hammer curls.

Iowa is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tupac1983
    ? what does that mean unless it is that obvios i just cant see it please elabarate thanks.
    Working legs releases a good amount of GH. Also, they make up 1/2 of your body, so train legs and you'll grow all over.

As for your arm workout, I would try a bi/tri superset. That's whats worked best for me, but you might be different. Give it a shot because the only way you'll find out what works best is to try a lot of different things. Heres my arm workout.

Close grip bench presses and
    Barbbell bicep curls

Skull crushers and
    Seated alternate dubbell bicep curls

Heavy tricep pressdowns and
    Standing hammercurls

If I feel like I havent exhausted my arms(which is very rarely) Ill throw in a set of 21's and some overhead tricep extensions.

Strictly Business is offline New Member
    i think he is saying legs are more important then arms, but focus on gaining mass everywhere not just your arms

Hed
    Hed is offline Senior Member
    The two biggest things i wish people had told me (or i had read) when i started to get really dedicated about lifting:

Working out is 20% lifting, 80% diet and rest

Dont neglect legs, they make everything else grow.

Like someone else said man, focus on mass buliding exercises, not girlie toning exercises like kickbacks. Skull crushers i feel are the #1 arm buliding exercise, even though they do tris only, they really pack on the muscle. Doing brach exercises (hammer curls, scott curls, reverse barbell curls, etc) will make not only your bis look bigger, but your arms look wider in general. Grab one of those 45* bars and throw it on a cable pressdown machine, and use that until your arms burn. That will get the outer tricep on the side of your arm.

And eat, eat, eat......

Thread Information