Thread: New Here

oldzzy is offline New Member

New Here

Hey from a new guy on the site. I just wanted to say that i just started working out 7 weeks ago and i am feeling better and loving it. This site is great with lots of good info on workout routines and diets. I am 34 years old 5'7" and 175lbs. The pic is when i started 7 weeks ago and today a non workout day. I know this forum is a steroid forum and i am not taking them but i was curious to know if anyone could guess on my body fat %. Thnx again for all the good stuff on this site!
    Last edited by oldzzy; 03-23-2005 at 05:55 AM.

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    13-15% is my guess

dr.shred is offline Senior Member
    20% i would say

seanw is offline Banned
    Id day about 17%, but whatever it is you have done a fantastic job in seven weeks, well done bro !!!!

Mr. Sparkle is offline Slinabolic Vet / Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by dr.shred
    20% i would say

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    you've made great improvements, especially in your chest. You can definitely be proud of what you've done so far.

Just remember, build your workouts around the 3 big lifts, (deadlifts, squats, and bench press) and you'll get the fastest results.

oldzzy is offline New Member
    Thnx for the estimates and the good words guys. I am workin at it pretty hard. I am going to the gym 5 days a week and i am trying to eat better. I used to eat like crap so eating more healthy will probably help out quite a bit. I know i still have a long road ahead of me to get a decent body but as long as i can stick to it, it will come.

brew035 is offline Associate Member
    Great job you did awesome in 7 weeks. I fyou want you can post your diet in the diet forum. They will find any flaws in it just make sure it is a vet or a mod for better results. The other guys will have good answers just not near as detailed. Good luck in the future. Hope to see more post from ya!

Search first ask later !

fitnessguy is offline Anabolic Member
    18-20%
    Nice improvements though! Keep it up...

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Quote Originally Posted by oldzzy
    Thnx for the estimates and the good words guys. I am workin at it pretty hard. I am going to the gym 5 days a week and i am trying to eat better. I used to eat like crap so eating more healthy will probably help out quite a bit. I know i still have a long road ahead of me to get a decent body but as long as i can stick to it, it will come.
    If you want to save some time, rather than doing the "trial and error" approach to diet (like i did for a couple years), spend some serious time in the diet forum and get yourself a nice diet layed out specific to your goals.

Nice job in 7 weeks bro

Stick around, you can learn a lot here and we're glad to have ya

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Need a back & side pic to guesstamate bro. good job tho. Remember gains come quickly then will slow down as the years go by. And yes, I did say YEARS..

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oldzzy
    Hey from a new guy on the site. I just wanted to say that i just started working out 7 weeks ago and i am feeling better and loving it. This site is great with lots of good info on workout routines and diets. I am 34 years old 5'7" and 175lbs. The pic is when i started 7 weeks ago and today a non workout day. I know this forum is a steroid forum and i am not taking them but i was curious to know if anyone could guess on my body fat %. Thnx again for all the good stuff on this site!
    Looking pretty good for first 7 weeks! You are looking like you were 25% body fat in the first picture and about 19% in the second. This is not atypical of someone just starting working out. I have a neighbor who joined my gym on January 1st with my pushing him to do so and he did the same thing. Went from 25% to 19%, lost "3" inches off his belly measurement along with about 10 pounds. Your upper arms and chest have especially benefitted and your tummy is down a bit.

You are here on a steroid board and undoubtedly the thought may cross your mind about using steroids . This is common when people see slowdowns in the progress. You definately do NOT want to use steroids when you are in your first 30% of development. Kids under the age of 20, no matter how big and muscular they think they are, they are all in this first 30% of development. You also do not want to use steroids when you are in the next 40% of development towards your goals, this is where most under 23 year olds lie. Your gains naturally slow down a lot but there is nothing to be impatient about. When you reach your most difficult last 30% toward your goals (being all bull, muscular, over 200#, 6% body fat with abs jambed out everywhere-no flexing required) then this is the period that most steroid users say its best to go on the juice. In otherwords to take you past up and past your genetic limitations.

I hate to say it early results are the easiest to come by. In otherwords you got the first 30% fast and easy, it slowed down and becomes harder on the next 40% , then the very last 30% of your goal is the hardest to obtain. If the rate you gain improvements slow down a lot, dont get discouraged. This is part of the game.
    Last edited by Ntpadude; 02-28-2005 at 11:11 PM.

Thread Information