HammerCurler is offline Associate Member

Thumbs up Hey - New Here...Wanting to GAIN!

Hey Guys,

I've been reading posts on the board for a few weeks now, I just registered and decided I should post some pics of my scrawny ass, lol.

I'm 20 years old and haven't really trained consistenly since high school (17 yrs old) when I trained for about 4 months straight, during that time I saw some great gains (about 10 lbs in lean muscle mass...I think), my arms grew quickly, I was stronger back then then I am now, I could barbell curl 110lbs for 8 reps or so, now it's hard for me to do 80-90lbs for 8! I smoked cigarettes for a year straight up until about 2 months ago, they couldn't have helped me very much, wish I never started.

Anyways, here are a few pics. I'm 6'1, 180lbs, I didn't post any pics of the wheels, but I certainly will admit they are scrawny.

I'm wanting to GAIN as much muscle mass as possible and as quickly as possible (natrually), bascially I want to look like SwoleCat when i'm older

My diet isn't very good and obviously has to change, I never eat even 1g of protein per pound of bodyweight, and I eat crap (donuts, cookies) almost daily.

Anyway, i'm ready for a change. Hope you guys can help, cheers!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hey - New Here...Wanting to GAIN!-1.jpg   Hey - New Here...Wanting to GAIN!-2.jpg   Hey - New Here...Wanting to GAIN!-3.jpg   Hey - New Here...Wanting to GAIN!-4.jpg  

seanw is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by HammerCurler
    Hey Guys,

I've been reading posts on the board for a few weeks now, I just registered and decided I should post some pics of my scrawny ass, lol.

I'm 20 years old and haven't really trained consistenly since high school (17 yrs old) when I trained for about 4 months straight, during that time I saw some great gains (about 10 lbs in lean muscle mass...I think), my arms grew quickly, I was stronger back then then I am now, I could barbell curl 110lbs for 8 reps or so, now it's hard for me to do 80-90lbs for 8! I smoked cigarettes for a year straight up until about 2 months ago, they couldn't have helped me very much, wish I never started.

Anyways, here are a few pics. I'm 6'1, 180lbs, I didn't post any pics of the wheels, but I certainly will admit they are scrawny.

I'm wanting to GAIN as much muscle mass as possible and as quickly as possible (natrually), bascially I want to look like SwoleCat when i'm older

My diet isn't very good and obviously has to change, I never eat even 1g of protein per pound of bodyweight, and I eat crap (donuts, cookies) almost daily.

Welcome to the board mate. Well you are moveing in the right direction thats for sure. You have a great base. The diet thing is EVEREYTHING, if you dont get that right then forget about anything else happening. Here is a link to the Diet Forum http://forums.steroid.com/diet-nutrition/ read the threads at the top that have Important in red written next to them. You will get some great ideas and help there. Good Luck and again, welcome !

Sage is offline Anabolic Member
    Hey Guys,

!
    there is a Melanesian tradition where young boys would be taken into the woods and drink the superior being's man-juice to inherit his genes........... j/k

may wanna hit all natural boards for a while to chat with ur peers..........................

Quote Originally Posted by Sage
    may wanna hit all natural boards for a while to chat with ur peers..........................
    are you serious or kidding? I know I could probably never look like Swole without juice, but, i'm going as far as I can naturally before I even consider using gear.

Sage is offline Anabolic Member
    if u r asking about the tradition practice, yes it does exist.........its called a "magic flute"

btw, ur idol is all natural and so as every1 on here, didn't u know that .......................

seanw is offline Banned
    there is a Melanesian tradition where young boys would be taken into the woods and drink the superior being's man-juice to inherit his genes........... j/k

Man Juice WTF

anaBROLIC is offline Only The Strong Survive
    Hey Guys,

welcome to the boards... you basically said it..consistency... that is what your lacking and what needs to improve to see your results.. consistency in everything including your training, eating, sleeping, and all that is in the way of reaching your goals.. get things rolling for more then just a few months at a time and you will get there..

ReX357 is offline "Toughest & Best Looking Guy Around Here"
    You say you want to gain as much muscle mass as possible. First you got to get your diet in order. Use the sticky "Clean bulking diet" in the Diet forum. To gain, you have to eat often... And when I say often, I mean really often!!! Every 2 hours you should think about eating and start to prepare something to eat... You must never be hungry... NEVER! You got to get in your mind that not eating for 4 hours straight is the worst thing that could happen in your life... Don't forget to eat as soon as you wake up. At that point, your body has been out of food for 8 hours, which is not good to gain mass.

Next, if you want to gain muscle mass, you gotta incorporate the three basic mass gaining exercises in your workouts:

- Bench press (On pec day)
    - Deadlift (On back day)
    - Squat (On leg day)

Those are the most important exercises to gain mass... Squat is the best one. Make sure you are taught how to do these properly... Especially the last two ones as they use the lower back which is at risk of injury without proper form.

Forget about the machines, and the fancy work... If you want to get big, you gotta use the freeweights. Dumbells, barbells and plates. These will develop your supporting muscles.

Last thing: SLEEP!!! At least 8 hours a night. Really important for recovery.

Hope you'll be doing good and welcome to the forums! Enjoy your stay
    Last edited by ReX357; 01-06-2005 at 10:12 PM.

boondockSAINT is offline Associate Member
    ^^^^^ That's an excellent post. Follow the advice. Looking good bro.

Consistency is offline Extraordinarily Exorbitant
    Consistency is the thing you need... hmmm i like that word

MER
    MER is offline Member
    Bro your on the right track and you've got the right attitude! Don't change, hehe. But seriously, you are starting off with a good base and I suggest you put on some more weight naturally. Use the search function consistantly and check the educational threads and you can't go wrong.

BiggerBri2002 is offline Senior Member
    REX....seems like you are bringing some good knowledge to the board...WELCOME!!

seanw is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ReX357
    You say you want to gain as much muscle mass as possible. First you got to get your diet in order. Use the sticky "Clean bulking diet" in the Diet forum. To gain, you have to eat often... And when I say often, I mean really often!!! Every 2 hours you should think about eating and start to prepare something to eat... You must never be hungry... NEVER! You got to get in your mind that not eating for 4 hours straight is the worst thing that could happen in your life... Don't forget to eat as soon as you wake up. At that point, your body has been out of food for 8 hours, which is not good to gain mass.

Next, if you want to gain muscle mass, you gotta incorporate the three basic mass gaining exercises in your workouts:

- Bench press (On pec day)
    - Deadlift (On back day)
    - Squat (On leg day)

Those are the most important exercises to gain mass... Squat is the best one. Make sure you are taught how to do these properly... Especially the last two ones as they use the lower back which is at risk of injury without proper form.

Forget about the machines, and the fancy work... If you want to get big, you gotta use the freeweights. Dumbells, barbells and plates. These will develop your supporting muscles.

Last thing: SLEEP!!! At least 8 hours a night. Really important for recovery.

Hope you'll be doing good and welcome to the forums! Enjoy your stay
    Great advice Rex, you are so right about not eating for four hours is the worst thing that can happen to you !!!

jonnytour is offline Member
    Welcome to the board. Looks like you have a soldi bast to start with. Good work! Your attitude is deffinately the right one as well. Follow the advice given here and you can't go wrong.

Keep on keepin on!
    Jonny.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    bascially I want to look like SwoleCat when i'm older
    Quite the compliment, thank you.

~SC~

TheChosenOne is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Quite the compliment, thank you.

~SC~

Does your son say that to you too? In Pumping Iron the bodybuilders little kids were hanging all over them trying to compare their muscles to their fathers. I remember as a little kid comparing my arms to my father's and he is far from in shape so I can only imagine what your little boy does.

A note on topic like everyone else said Eating and lifting heavy are the most important things you can do. I know when I started working out I would always do 5 sets of 5 and that allowed me to go heavy enough to consistently make improvements.

Yeah, my son does that w/me a lot.

He's a big kid for 5!!!!!

~SC~

vettewreck is offline Banned
    bascially I want to look like SwoleCat when i'm older !
    PFFFT, thats nothing!! I look like that now!! ( I must also note that Ive been drinking heavily since noon )

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    HammerCurler:
    Nothing else really left to say...as the Bros have said it.

You're don't look bad for someone who (in their own words) lacks consistency.

What i WILL add is.. have a goal. Visualisation is a powerful tool.If, in your mind, you can fathom what you want to look like...then you can work towards it. You wouldn't build a house with no plan; no dream, would you? The same can be said about building your body.

Nice Rex
    Welcome aboard

~Nark

ReX357 is offline "Toughest & Best Looking Guy Around Here"
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    Nice Rex
    Welcome aboard

~Nark
    Thanks bro. I have been lurking for 8 months before but decided to register last week. I like this board... it seems to be heavily moderated to keep the trolls out.

Sorry to hijack your thread HC, let's get back on topic.

Manson is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vettewreck
    PFFFT, thats nothing!! I look like that now!! ( I must also note that Ive been drinking heavily since noon )

I bet you look like him drinking since noon regularly... lol

it seems to be heavily moderated to keep the trolls out.
    Unfortunately, many-a-troll still manage to find their way here to piss many off.

~SC~

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    are you serious or kidding? I know I could probably never look like Swole without juice, but, i'm going as far as I can naturally before I even consider using gear.

don't listen to him. there are plenty of all natural members on this board, including myself, and interestingly enough, your idol swolecat is juice free. The diet forum and training forums will be your biggest assets.

I personally use mike xxl's lean bulk diet, which is stickied in the diet forum, and of course added my own personal touches. It's helped me go from around 140 at september of 2003 to 190 lbs where i stand now at about 5'9 and a little under 10% body fat. Great things can be accomplished without juice and with a lot of hard work. CHeers to you mate.
    Last edited by chrisAdams; 01-09-2005 at 01:13 AM.

Ah, I looked back at the first pics I posted (Jan 6, 05), and then took new ones today (March 29- my new avatar).

I'm glad I posted the initial pictures, i've gained 10lbs since my first picture, it's hard for ME to tell though without the pre pictures. I've been hitting my chest fairly hard (incorporated weighted dips) and I finally think it's starting to poke out a little bit more. SWEET!

Thanks for all of your earlier reccomendations.

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member

Is that how you did it when you were cuming of age?

soontoberipped is offline Associate Member
    Ah, I looked back at the first pics I posted (Jan 6, 05), and then took new ones today (March 29- my new avatar).

I'm glad I posted the initial pictures, i've gained 10lbs since my first picture, it's hard for ME to tell though without the pre pictures. I've been hitting my chest fairly hard (incorporated weighted dips) and I finally think it's starting to poke out a little bit more. SWEET!

Thanks for all of your earlier reccomendations.

Keep hitting it hard bro. Remember that form is just as important to building your chest as is heavy weight. Don't sacrifice one for the other. Good work and good luck bro. You're coming along.

rich123 is offline New Member
    Stay at the table and in the gym and remember that the growth will take awhile.

slizzut is offline Senior Member
    You definetly look bigger though, keep it up

Quote Originally Posted by soontoberipped
    Keep hitting it hard bro. Remember that form is just as important to building your chest as is heavy weight. Don't sacrifice one for the other. Good work and good luck bro. You're coming along.
    Yeah, I could usually do like 12-15 chest dips without weight, so I threw on 25-35 lbs and can now do 6-8

WHOADY4SHOADY is offline Senior Member

You suprise me again swole cat

I didnt know you were natural, you must eat like a beast. Back on topic. You should definitely hit up the diet forum like everyone else said.

Quote Originally Posted by WHOADY4SHOADY
    I didnt know you were natural, you must eat like a beast. Back on topic. You should definitely hit up the diet forum like everyone else said.
    Oh trust me I have. I've been here for 3 months now and have learned a great deal about what a proper diet for me should look like, now if I could only keep on track 24/7!

WHOADY4SHOADY is offline Senior Member

Jobs interfere the most I think.

Im lucky to have a lay out job where my boss gives me alot of freedom, but I dont know how some people manage to make time to eat every 2 to 3 hours. So besides your job or school try to make it as much of a priority to eat as often and as clean as possible, and I wish you losts of luck.

Thread Information