partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

sad state of affairs:two weeks after the surgeon gives the ok to train

two weeks back in the gym and i am not looking like i wanted to for my august 21st show.oh the legs are ****ed. i'm gonna take a picture of them too so you can see what two leg surgeries do to a partyboy.sucks. i'm not as bad off as i thought i would be upper body wise for having to take off 8 weeks. i lost 12 lbs so that sucks, but i'm gonna be making the come back. i want this first show to go down at least by like october now that august is gonna be out do the the legs. still can't train them for like two weeks the surgeon said. sucks. i'm gonna take some shots shirtless hopefully this weekend. i just shot these in my gym's locker room. i'll get a friend to shoot some other ones.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sad state of affairs:two weeks after the surgeon gives the ok to train-ultimate1.jpg   sad state of affairs:two weeks after the surgeon gives the ok to train-ultimate2.jpg  

scar. not pretty

will not hold me back for long....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sad state of affairs:two weeks after the surgeon gives the ok to train-scar.jpg  

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Sucks BRo.. i'm one of your biggest fans...

Waiting on the further pics... the scar has me cringing

please

Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    Sucks BRo.. i'm one of your biggest fans...

Waiting on the further pics... the scar has me cringing
    i'm a big fan of yours too bro. always looking tight.
    yeah i'm gonna take some pics thsi weekend hopefully and see where my starting point is. gonna be embarassing i'm sure to see and show people, but it's the end result that i'm after.
    how are things with you?long time no type!!

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Still looking big as fukk, partyboy

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    You back is WIDE!!!!!!!! Nice bro!

What surgery did you have? You know my surgeries on my knees!!!

I know how hard that is brutha!

Holla!

~SC~

thanks bro

Quote Originally Posted by AandF6969
    Still looking big as fukk, partyboy
    if it weren't for small joints i wouldn't look that big bro! i lost a ****load (for me) of weight, 12 lbs. that's a ton on me. definately appreciate the shout. keeps me workign harder. good to see you again A&F!

my man!long time bro

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    You back is WIDE!!!!!!!! Nice bro!

What surgery did you have? You know my surgeries on my knees!!!

I know how hard that is brutha!

Holla!

~SC~
    i think it's the small waist,haha. nah my back is ok i guess.
    i had two leg surgeries to remove a hemotoma, no joke, the size of half a football from my right quad. no fun bro. no fun. i know about your knees bro and i remember you talking about it. suregry is no fun as you know. set backs suck, but it's gonna feel good to do it better than the first time. you're the man swole. i'm gonna get it done. you're great motivation my friend!!

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    All good bro, you are quite the motivator yourself.

Birds of a feather flock together.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by partyboynyc
    i'm a big fan of yours too bro. always looking tight.
    yeah i'm gonna take some pics thsi weekend hopefully and see where my starting point is. gonna be embarassing i'm sure to see and show people, but it's the end result that i'm after.
    how are things with you?long time no type!!
    Things are cool bro...

Getting my training and stuff back on track... I'm at my heaviest for a while right now... probably no comps this year..will know in a month.

I'll be following your comeback

Hematoma?

In your quad...one of that size...what caused it?

On a sidenote...Hit me up with a PM sometime

ugh

Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    Things are cool bro...

Getting my training and stuff back on track... I'm at my heaviest for a while right now... probably no comps this year..will know in a month.

I'll be following your comeback

Hematoma?

In your quad...one of that size...what caused it?
    yeah i had a hematoma in my quad in the vastus lateralis / intermedius(basically upper right part of my leg). just a big pocket of encapsulized blood. they tried to drain it and when that didn't work they had to cut it out.
    it was a popped blood vessel in my leg which who knows how it happened. could have been done while training, could have been done by injecting, no one knows.all i know is it sucked

Keep us updated, partyboy...

What kind of symptoms did you have before you went to the doctor? I haven't heard much about hematoma.

Jase is offline Associate Member
    You look great, had surgery on both my knees ,so have a good idea what you are going threw, just make sure you are well rested before jumping in again, you dont want to damage your self worse, I know its hard ,but time will heal.

Keep up the great work, you are an inspiration to all of us big guy, love the small waste and Huuuge back.

Godspeed

well

Keep us updated, partyboy...

What kind of symptoms did you have before you went to the doctor? I haven't heard much about hematoma.
    symptoms were all due to the fact that the blood encapsulized was infected with bacteria. so i had night sweats like every night, no appetite, weightloss, all symptoms that are assciated with a bacteria infection. that and a huge lump on my leg that became apparent when i lost a ton of weight due to the infection.

BigRandy is offline Associate Member
    jacked bro..your delts are huge

hung-solo is offline Anabolic Member
    will not hold me back for long....
    dude you got some big ass shoulders for sure sucks about your legs but we all know how dedicated you are so youll be fine just be careful big guy

Diesel is offline Anabolic Member
    Still lookin pretty good bro.

Good to hear that your on your way back.

thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel
    Still lookin pretty good bro.

Good to hear that your on your way back.
    i'm working on it. hardest part for me was getting back to eating. the stress of this killed me being able to eat. being in the hospital killed my eating. i had my dad bring me a box of protein bars to last me like two days just to get SOME protein and cals. lunch at the hospital was literally a tiny bowl of macaroni and cheese and some peaches. breakfast was french toast and orange juice. after the surgery i couldn't eat for days because of the pain killers, which i stopped soon after the hospital because it was better to be in pain than feel liek a zombie. i'll get it together.
    thanks so much to everyone for the words of encouragement. i'm going to try and train legs next monday. sucks even doing back. i can't deadlift or do t-bars because of the legs. lost back width like crazy. sucks being an ectomorph. i bust my ass to gain it and lose it in no time. keeping my head up though

allsaucedup is offline Member
    you will be back to your old self in no time anyone who has the discipline to stay as cut up as you even with that set back is already ahead of the game good luck on the goals

Ditto

if it's one bro i have faith in it's you

IronAdam is offline Member
    That's ****ty what happened to your leg NYC. If it helps any you look big as hell now bro. In time you'll bounce back!

Good Luck

BDTR is offline Retired
    You have crazy delts, and scars add character.

hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by BDTR
    You have crazy delts, and scars add character.
    thanks big man! yeah i'm telling the bitches that teh scar is from me fending off like 15 ninjas in a dark alley. i got the first 14, but the last one got me....

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    Best of Luck bro,
    There is an upside, returning to resistance training and the regular eating are going to provide a HELLACIOUS stimilus, so expect to surpass your previous weight and add more quatlity pounds to your frame! Sometimes, time off is good, just so unfortunate you had to go through surgery!

hypertrophy, my man!

Quote Originally Posted by Hypertrophy
    Best of Luck bro,
    There is an upside, returning to resistance training and the regular eating are going to provide a HELLACIOUS stimilus, so expect to surpass your previous weight and add more quatlity pounds to your frame! Sometimes, time off is good, just so unfortunate you had to go through surgery!
    logn time no type!!you know it's funny. i'm telling myself this everyday and it's so nice when someone else says it!haha. so good to hear from you. thank you for the kind words

yikes!! is offline Associate Member
    thanks big man! yeah i'm telling the bitches that teh scar is from me fending off like 15 ninjas in a dark alley. i got the first 14, but the last one got me....
    they love hearing stuff like that

logn time no type!!you know it's funny. i'm telling myself this everyday and it's so nice when someone else says it!haha. so good to hear from you. thank you for the kind words
    Man, I got my first show in June, just trying to get ready for it. Think I am on track so far, but since I haven't done one before, I really don't know.
    Still 9 weeks out and makin good progress, wish me luck~

Man, I got my first show in June, just trying to get ready for it. Think I am on track so far, but since I haven't done one before, I really don't know.
    Put up some pics bro... I've got one in a year I'm starting to prepare for now.

Put up some pics bro... I've got one in a year I'm starting to prepare for now.
    ONE YEAR!!
    Are you going to bulk for 8 months then start cutting???
    I will have pics, hold me to that. I do not have a digital camera, however, I did take some before pics on my g/f's, too bad she lives 7 hours away
    I'll have some though~

hook up the pics big man!

that's great you'r doing your first show!i',m a jealous bastard right now. i just did legs for the first tiem sunday and it was only to go through movements. like 47 rep max load,haha. just want to get these things moving again. no pain or swelling so i think it's all good to start the comeback. just not overdoing it. patience this time around.
    yeah hook up the pictures my man!wishing you the best of luck although you won't need it. do what you do brotha!

tycin is offline Anabolic Member
    still looking good bro... good luck on the leg recovery, also good to see you around again!

wut are your stats right now?

alphaman is offline Member
    Crazy delts. Seen a lot sadder states of affairs!

stats right now

Quote Originally Posted by tycin
    still looking good bro... good luck on the leg recovery, also good to see you around again!

wut are your stats right now?
    as of yesterday...
    still 5'11",haha
    did bf % on calipers and came out at 4.6 so that's probably like mid to high 7's. no bf to speak of anywhere
    i need to have someone take pictures of me. i'll try to swing it this weekend. i'm dying to get some shots taken so that i can see what the **** i look like and then see the progress in like two months.
    i will take circumference measurements today b4 i train shoulders. i have a myotape so i can do it myself easy.

DOUGTM1SS is offline Associate Member
    Good to hear your recovery is going so well, me I tore my left distal tendon for my left bicep in january, and just went for my check-up with the surgeon on 4/5 he found calcium build up around the tendon repaired/reattached scar tissue and now they may
    have to go back in and remove it and then do high level x-ray radiation therapy to
    ensure it doesn't come back again, just means I have to start all over again and that stinks period, people here don't hire one arm men to work for them, been laid off since
    just before new years, just when I thought things where just starting to get better,
    I get knocked back down again.

Thread Information