davieric is offline Junior Member

What do u think?

Just wondering what everyone thinks, i know i have to work on my chest and legs. As you can see i'm going for mass right now, and coming out of the winter very pale, lol. Any critisicm will be helpful. thanks
    Last edited by davieric; 07-24-2011 at 03:42 AM.

nice base overall. Nice separation in your legs. Just keep lifting heavy and eating. I'd say shoulders, chest, and lats could use some work, but overall looking good. And its nice to see someone finally put up some good pics.

ya, this summer i'm gonna go hard, i had trouble keeping up with my routine because of school and work during the winter. thought i'd mention, right now i'm taking cell tech and weight gainer, i'm only 18, so i'm not even thinking about steroids right now.

Juddman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by davieric
    i'm only 18, so i'm not even thinking about steroids right now.
    Good idea bro...keep working on that base, you're making pretty good progress.

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Just wondering what everyone thinks, i know i have to work on my chest and legs. As you can see i'm going for mass right now, and coming out of the winter very pale, lol. Any critisicm will be helpful. thanks
    Quads look really good and so do the traps (muscles that support the neck on down to the shoulders). I know you said you need to work on the legs but their development is ahead of other areas. I would continue working the legs and shoulders, but you need to increase emphasis on the total arm and chest thing. Back also looks like it has a good foundation, but you need to get more ball shape built up in delts, for some of us, biceps are real hard and slow to develop and of course work on the pecs. You have some what of hit and miss development like you maybe like one weight or exercise more then others or perhaps you are using a garage weight machine or weight set that doesnt allow you to have a full well rounded workout. Might be good to get into gym, do all the machines for a year to build up some then start graduating over to free weights.

I am assuming you have probably just 1 year or less of training and its been somewhat incomplete, so I think machines are useful in that you dont injure rotator cuffs and elbows working them and it also allows you to build up the joints before you move over to the free weights which can tear you up if too inexperienced and undertrained.

PS: I just looked again at your pictures, its your inner thigh that is apparently well developed which incidentially that inner thigh muscle happens to be the longest muscle in the human body. The quads favor the front to outter thigh and they need a lot of work too, so anyways get a gym program doing. There are many indications you will be highly capable to good and fast development once you get your program underway, for example your traps are a good indicator that your natural testosterone production is rather vigorous at your age, good development there means you are either on gear, or dont really need any because your body is making so much on its own which I believe is the case so get yourself into a program and take advantage of your good fortune.
    Last edited by Ntpadude; 04-11-2005 at 03:15 PM.

Looking good bro, you could always try using just normal creatine, cell tech even though a good product is over rated in many peoples opinions and over priced. Just an idea.

As I said looking good, constructive critisicm would be work the chest harder build some more thickness there. Keep up the hard work

arnoldwannab is offline Associate Member
    Nice back spread though!!

Jase is offline Associate Member
    Stick to the basics, will better your chances in reaching your goals in the future, you are still very young.
    Well done keep it up.

p.s. have u got the phone number of the bird in your avatar??

Godspeed

Hed
    Hed is offline Senior Member
    Yea, back and traps seem to be your strongest poinst man. Hit that chest and shoulders and youll start to fill out!

Ntpadude: in my profile i have written that i have two years exp. but that basically means that the whole 1 1/2 year was hit and miss like you said, it took about that long to learn how to do "proper" workouts. i'm working out at a gym at a university so it's not the best place, but it has everything i need for now.

my chest is my smallest point, which is probably genetics. i push hard in the gym, but it doesn't seem to want to grow in size and the weight's going up. i'm doing 4 exersices, 4 sets, 4-6 reps. I was doing 8 reps 5 exercises, untill last august/september, when i switched it up.

a side note, i tried my one rep max the other week and it was 260lbs, which even me looking at the pics, it doesn't look like i can do that. not sure if that is good or bad, just saying to give you an idea of "strength".

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Whats your diet look like?

Ntpadude: in my profile i have written that i have two years exp. but that basically means that the whole 1 1/2 year was hit and miss like you said, it took about that long to learn how to do "proper" workouts. i'm working out at a gym at a university so it's not the best place, but it has everything i need for now.

my chest is my smallest point, which is probably genetics. i push hard in the gym, but it doesn't seem to want to grow in size and the weight's going up. i'm doing 4 exersices, 4 sets, 4-6 reps. I was doing 8 reps 5 exercises, untill last august/september, when i switched it up.

a side note, i tried my one rep max the other week and it was 260lbs, which even me looking at the pics, it doesn't look like i can do that. not sure if that is good or bad, just saying to give you an idea of "strength".
    Not unusual, most of us completely waste our first year doing everything wrong, but somehow a couple muscles develop, others dont. The key is how heavy, try to increase and increase in the areas you need development and be patient, we are all slow at first. To give you an idea, I do 260 lbs on the butterfly press and that is 10 reps, 4 sets with the last set at 275 lbs until exhaustion. Also presses, push ups all good stuff. The back and traps to me look good although further development of the lats could be in order with pulldown bars. I would attempt to do that 260 lbs at least once a week, maybe do that 1 set, then do other things, rest off the pecs then come back and do what fits your sets/reps, situation. To be honest I think 4 to 6 reps it too few, try to do the same weights but increase this to the 8 to 10 reps range and also make changes. Sometimes adjusting the height of the seat in the butterfly press can be a good shake up or even hold the bar higher and lower from week to week works great to get pec development.

AandF6969: my diet isn't that great because i do not set times and foods to eat, i do eat a lot of chicken, i try to have my weight gainer 2-3 times a day, when i was in school i was eating a lot of chicken subs, and when i got home ate chicken for dinner etc.

why would you say that 4-6 reps is too few? just asking cause i was doing 8-10 before and i didn't really see much improvement, i seemed to get a little more cut, but not much size. i might try to change it up a little, see what works best

AandF6969: my diet isn't that great because i do not set times and foods to eat, i do eat a lot of chicken, i try to have my weight gainer 2-3 times a day, when i was in school i was eating a lot of chicken subs, and when i got home ate chicken for dinner etc.

why would you say that 4-6 reps is too few? just asking cause i was doing 8-10 before and i didn't really see much improvement, i seemed to get a little more cut, but not much size. i might try to change it up a little, see what works best
    Well dont lock into something too long. This can be a mistake, your body gets used to it and maintains status quo. Like you might want to try lighter weights at 15 reps for 2 weeks, then increase weights to accompish 8 to 10 reps for 2 weeks then go to 4 to 6 reps for 2 weeks then start over again. The constant chances will trigger lots of growth. This is a staple these days, gotta keep changing the system. Also if you have been on machines a long time, start venturing over into the free weights or vise versus. Try different machines, etc... changing the routine constantly is what makes you grow grow grow.

that's a good idea, i'm thinking that i should just change my whole routine around, and shock the hell outta my muscles, thanks for the advice

Thread Information