broncojosh is offline Senior Member

Pic of the legs....need major help

Legs are really lagging behind. I have adequate strength, but really want to cut them up. Any suggestions would be great. Here's my workout:

Barbell squat- 5 sets, 10-8-8-6-4 reps
    Leg extentions-4 sets, 12-12-10-10 reps
    Hack squats-4 sets, 10-8-6-6 reps
    straightleg deadlifts-4 sets, 12-10-8-8 reps
    leg curls- 4 sets 12-12-10-10 reps
    Seated raises-4 sets, 12-12-15-15 reps
    Standing raises-12-12-15-15 reps
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pic of the legs....need major help-leg2.jpg  

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    From what I've read and experienced the best way to cut up your legs (aside from the obvious...diet) is to modify the number of reps you perform. Go with a high rep scheme with limited recovery periods (check out Superbeasts' routine). Also utilize the stop and pause method of repititions which has you pausing and squeezing at the top and bottom of every rep. Many BB'ers will tell you that the best way to bring out deep seperation...is to constantly pose (if you've never tried posing....try it!! It's a workout in itself!!)

Never posed before pete....is there a posing workout? I mean, do I just felx and hold it, or is there a method to the madness?

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    For starters it's just flex and hold BJo! If you ever get a tape showing a competition you will see some variations, but it's a constant flex. Even when BBer's are standing in a (so called) relaxed pose. They are flexing hard...trunks are tucked, heels are planted and feet are forcing outward....this will bring out the seperation in your quads...but believe me...it is taxing. Maybe Mike XXXL, Dr. Derek, Kid Shred, Primodonna, Project X and my boy eye_candy can give a few pointers as well

JuiceSlut is offline Junior Member
    With legs drop some weight and try reps in the 15-20 range. It's painful and not the greatest for mass or strength but you should start seeing some cuts as long as your diet and cardio is in check. The cuts will make your legs look bigger and alot better anyways.

superbeast is offline Member
    When it comes to posing, Pete is right. Unless you are competing, you don't have to perfect the poses. Just flex and hold for 30-60 secs between sets. I think stretching between sets also helps separation.

I would definately increase the reps. Do some sets up around the 20 rep area.

Try this squat workout.
    Warmup
    5 sets of 20 with a weight that you can just get 20 reps. No more than a 2 min rest between sets. Guaranteed your quads will burn like hell.

High reps on legs causes growth and separation!

sweet. Gonna drop the low rep idea, and go for high reps. I was affraid that high reps wouldn't get me any mass, but I definately need the cuts

Rocket is offline Senior Member
    Legs look big. But do need to cut up. I think I have the same problem so I am reading and learning,

Rocket

Thread Information