busdriver is offline New Member

few pics, comments?

I decided 2 take a few before-shots of myself cuz i know i'll b going 2 the gym a lot in the summer. i go about 3 days a week now and in the summer i'm going for 5-7 depending on work. i'm 196 lbs and 5'11. 19 yrs old. not taking any steroids or supplements.
    i've been working out for about 10 months now. i did sets of 8 reps before then pushed it to 10, now i'm going 10-12. i'm not looking to get bigger anymore just want more cuts. abs and obliques especially. i also goign 2 get tanned soon and i'll post a pics for those soon. what do you guys think?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails few pics, comments?-back.jpg   few pics, comments?-legs.jpg   few pics, comments?-legs-2.jpg   few pics, comments?-shoulders.jpg   few pics, comments?-front.jpg  

Last edited by busdriver; 04-15-2005 at 02:24 PM.

a few more

here's a couple mors pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails few pics, comments?-front-2.jpg   few pics, comments?-side.jpg  

irongryph is offline New Member
    I think you're doing good thus far; just keep it up. What's your training split looking like now?

Aboot is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by busdriver
    i'm not looking to get bigger anymore just want more cuts. abs and obliques especially.

I would definitely think about adding more mass before cutting. 196lbs isn't that large to begin cutting at.

But it is all goal dependent I guess...

cdogge is offline Associate Member
    196 isn't bad size if your 5'11...but have you weighed yourself recently because it looks like to me your either taller than 5'11 or you don't weigh 196...forgive me if I am wrong

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Add lean mass, it'll help you stay lean.

~SC~

cjp85 is offline Member
    Yeah, I would say add some weight.

SooJuiced is offline Junior Member
    get up to a clean 500lbs then cutt

alright, i didn't wanna gain weight cuz i've always been large 4 my age. since i started working out i gained 20 lbs and pretty much just changed most fat into muscle. and completely changed my diet. i find that i can easily gain another 10 lbs. but i think the look u guys want me 2 get is way more than 10 lbs. am i right?

and yes cdogg i'm 196 lbs, i weighed myself just 2 make sure b4 the pictures and i am 5'11. i dont know how u even thought i'm taller since none of my pictures are full body pictures?

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aboot
    I would definitely think about adding more mass before cutting. 196lbs isn't that large to begin cutting at.

But it is all goal dependent I guess...
    Or if anything eat in a way that assists further growth and development of muscles but dont eat 5000 calaries a day, trim it some like do 3800 to 4200 calaries and let it slowly lean you up with a continued weight training program. Trying to cut and starve hard is going to rob you of muscle size. Muscles particularly vulnerable to rapid loss are your deltoids and biceps which look like they need further development not additional losses.

The problem with show abs is, its a very temporary state to be in to have abs because having body fat low enough to show abs usually requires an extremely catabolic diet to be on and maintained, eventually losses extend into the abs themselves and even they disappear with low body fat because you loose the ab muscle development.

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    i find that i can easily gain another 10 lbs. but i think the look u guys want me 2 get is way more than 10 lbs. am i right?

the goals should be urs. make urself look the way u want.. but from my point of view once u cut down, ur gonna have to put on some good lean muscle.. u know what bf% ur

alphaman is offline Member
    [QUOTE=busdriver i find that i can easily gain another 10 lbs. but i think the look u guys want me 2 get is way more than 10 lbs. am i right?[ /QUOTE]

You can't "easily gain" ten pounds of quality lean mass... naturally. And you can't change fat into muscle as I saw you comment about in another post. Ten pounds of quality lean mass would be a huge improvement on your physique.
    Last edited by alphaman; 04-17-2005 at 07:40 AM.

last time i checked i was 25% body fat, that was about 6 months ago tho.

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    a great base to start. Looks like you have a bit of pubesence gyno on your left teet.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

bf%

just checked my body fat today.. but wasn't sure whether to pick athelete or normal on the machine.. so i did both.. when i select athelete i get 17.5% and when i do normal i do 21.5%. sound accurate?
    and yes i love my nipples, i cut diamonds with those

Thread Information