newbrew is offline Senior Member

How far off from seeing abs do you think I am?

I recently started cutting. I am doing 1hr cardio a day and using the sticky cutting diet at around 2200-2300 calories or so.

Judging from these pics, how many months do you think its going to take before abs start showing? Ill be honest, I havent worked abs much in the past, I really just recently started. Perhaps lack of mass will make it take longer as well.
    \
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How far off from seeing abs do you think I am?-faroff.jpg  

GetinBig is offline Anabolic Member
    Not to far bro.. Just clean up your diet and some cardio inthe a.m. on an empty stomach and you will have em.....

Good luck.

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Are you flexing your abs in the pic?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    It's blurry.

~SC~

TheDfromGC is offline Anabolic Member
    Blurry it is.

yea, sorry bout that. ill see if i can find a better one. but yea, i am flexing

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    like getinbig said not to far. id say like 12% body fat. if anyone can concur. and thats not far as long as u keep training right, dieting and trainin the abs

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    3 weeks...if your diet and cardio are on

Last edited by *Narkissos*; 04-21-2005 at 12:43 PM.

Oh yea, im also about 1.5 weeks into an ECA stack if that matters.

anyways, thanks for the replies. this is is the first time I have done this and I just have/had no clue how long it takes to shed BF

A bit 'gay' with the pants so low, but this may be a better view. Still a tad blurry. This isnt flexing, but flexing really doesnt do anything for what you can see on me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How far off from seeing abs do you think I am?-picfromash.jpg  

dr.shred is offline Senior Member
    abs are all diet. If your diet is strict then you should see results within a month depending on your own genetics and metabolism ect.

-SHRED

IMO you just need to do some crunches brother

Thegr8One is offline Senior Member
    not far now

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by newbrew
    A bit 'gay' with the pants so low, but this may be a better view. Still a tad blurry. This isnt flexing, but flexing really doesnt do anything for what you can see on me.
    Dont listen to the diet advice. Dont take this wrong but even if you got down to 5% body fat, you wont have any visible abs. The reason is, you DONT have abs under the fat, I dont think you have fat either, and you dont have pecs for that matter. Abs are not "just there" waiting for fat to be burned off of them. The reality is, you look like you are already in ab showing body fat range and now you are trying to turn into a walking skeleton for no reason. It takes about 1.5 to 3 years of constant crunches and ab workouts just to build up a muscle base in the ab muscles. Ab muscles are the "slowest" muscle in the body to develop, no steroid can help to do anything for ab muscles, it takes time and dedication. IN the meantime, while you are working out the abs and trying to development (remember its not going even be possible to see them for the next 2 years at least), work on those pecs and arms. You are way too skinny to be trying to cut.

TestTubeBaby is offline Associate Member
    agreed, i was about to say..some1 said abs were all diet...but thats DEF not true..

Quote Originally Posted by Ntpadude
    Dont listen to the diet advice. Dont take this wrong but even if you got down to 5% body fat, you wont have any visible abs. The reason is, you DONT have abs under the fat, I dont think you have fat either, and you dont have pecs for that matter. Abs are not "just there" waiting for fat to be burned off of them. The reality is, you look like you are already in ab showing body fat range and now you are trying to turn into a walking skeleton for no reason. It takes about 1.5 to 3 years of constant crunches and ab workouts just to build up a muscle base in the ab muscles. Ab muscles are the "slowest" muscle in the body to develop, no steroid can help to do anything for ab muscles, it takes time and dedication. IN the meantime, while you are working out the abs and trying to development (remember its not going even be possible to see them for the next 2 years at least), work on those pecs and arms. You are way too skinny to be trying to cut.
    Thanks for all the replies. From the sounds of it, I may just need to hit abs super hard from here on out. I still do feel it would be good to drop another 2% or so of bodyfat.

To the above. I absolutely agree about my chest. Its my weak point as far as looks go. My 1 rep max is just about 300 now. Perhaps more incline/decline is what I need. My arms are, imo, decent for my size. Right smack at 17" when flexed.

My goals are probably a bit different than the general consensus on this board. I do not wish to get all that much larger. Id say 200 pounds at the heaviest. Most people here tend to view arnold, ronnie, etc as 'ideal'. Thats simply just not what I want (not saying I could ever even get there, just saying its not ideal in my eyes). Also, due to my job, being larger than 200 pounds on my frame I feel will just end up slowing me down.

I know I am going to get flammed for this, but what I am after is a larger version of pitt...sorry, lack of a better example. I probably dont technically need steroids to achieve this, but you cant argue that it will get me there much quicker. I have enjoyed every second of this cycle.

In all honesty, I may decide to just do 1 more cycle and then maintain for as long as possible. My ultimate goal is 185-195 at around 8-10% bodyfat. I am right at 185 currently and I dont know bodyfat. 6'0

This may be a better picture to use to represent my arms and chest when they arent pulled back like in the above pic.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How far off from seeing abs do you think I am?-april.jpg  
    Last edited by newbrew; 04-22-2005 at 02:49 PM.

Bigsickd is offline New Member
    Bro, I would just continue to bulk and put good quality size on by keeping a clean diet, before you try to cut. I see guys all the time that are 6ft,200lbs and they want to cut up. They have nothing to cut. Keep training your abs hard, and since you do take gear, I would assume that you want more size. If not, get off the gear, get skinnier and be an underwear model.

Crunches are overrated, I barely do em and have the sickest abs....brotha just cardio and diet right for like 3 weeks and they will magically appear. Houdini Style!!! O and BigSicKd, im 207lbs at 6 feet and i look pretty big......just a thought.

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

if the last picture is you currently...

i have to be honest with you.....i think you look relatively lean across the chest and through your shoulders and arms. your stomach although it is not very lean it is lean enough at the % of bodyfat you are carrying that you should see some resemblance of abdominals if you had better development of them. i think as you lean out you are going to see some muscle loss from the top before you can reduce you bf % down low enough to see your current level of abdominals.
    do you do deadlifts by any chance?if not add them as they can be great indirect abdominal work through intense stabilization.bring the intensity on them in every rep with an appropriate workload.
    all in all i think you will see your abs........ when you develop them more, lose bf slowly through adding more lbm as a metabolism sparker, and making sure your diet is cleaned up.

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by newbrew
    Thanks for all the replies. From the sounds of it, I may just need to hit abs super hard from here on out. I still do feel it would be good to drop another 2% or so of bodyfat.

To the above. I absolutely agree about my chest. Its my weak point as far as looks go. My 1 rep max is just about 300 now. Perhaps more incline/decline is what I need. My arms are, imo, decent for my size. Right smack at 17" when flexed.

My goals are probably a bit different than the general consensus on this board. I do not wish to get all that much larger. Id say 200 pounds at the heaviest. Most people here tend to view arnold, ronnie, etc as 'ideal'. Thats simply just not what I want (not saying I could ever even get there, just saying its not ideal in my eyes). Also, due to my job, being larger than 200 pounds on my frame I feel will just end up slowing me down.

I know I am going to get flammed for this, but what I am after is a larger version of pitt...sorry, lack of a better example. I probably dont technically need steroids to achieve this, but you cant argue that it will get me there much quicker. I have enjoyed every second of this cycle.

In all honesty, I may decide to just do 1 more cycle and then maintain for as long as possible. My ultimate goal is 185-195 at around 8-10% bodyfat. I am right at 185 currently and I dont know bodyfat. 6'0

This may be a better picture to use to represent my arms and chest when they arent pulled back like in the above pic.
    Just remember you can get great growth rates, the best of your life in the first 6 months of weight training. Steroids are unnecessary because that starting out thing will cause you to grow at maximum possible rates, then be patient. No one has gotten on the cover of a muscle magazine with less then 5 years training.

justin2305 is offline Senior Member
    clean up the diet, do the hell outa crunches and ull have them soon enough, oh and a.m. cardio on empty stomach like said b/f good luck

bolin is offline Associate Member
    heheheeh......... I really do not think that you have to do 3 years of ab exercises and crunches to see your abs..... my friend never once did ab exercises but his abs are amazing.... it may be genetics..... but i think that if you do a good diet and stick to it (plus some ab exercises) you will see them in no time.
    Some of the best bodybuilders never do ab exercises too!!

MASTER is offline "I Own You"
    Quote Originally Posted by bolin
    Some of the best bodybuilders never do ab exercises too!!
    Pros take so many drugs, that they don't really need to train abs, the indirect stimulation that their abs get from other exercises is enough to get them to an adequate standard.
    Genetics are very important ab wise IMO and would definately see them at the bodyfat your are at if your abs were substantially more developed.

needbigguns is offline Once Human and Inferior - Now Beast-Like and Superior
    So have you achived the abs you want yet? how many times a week would a guy of his physique have to train his abbs and how long would it take to get themo showing assuming he's eating clean

Thread Information