UrbanLegend is offline Senior Member

3 weeks into my diet

Updates, I'm now three weeks into my (cutting) diet......currently using ECY, about to throw some clen in there in a week or in the hopes of getting my abs showing really well before june.
    Last edited by UrbanLegend; 10-09-2005 at 01:16 PM.

Last edited by UrbanLegend; 10-09-2005 at 01:17 PM.

Last edited by UrbanLegend; 10-09-2005 at 01:17 PM.

Last edited by UrbanLegend; 10-09-2005 at 01:18 PM.

Dally is offline The Dally Lama
    nice paisley underwear there mang.

throw in the clen ...anti catabolic and a helluva rush.

mind you it'll blood shot your eyes...at least it does mine, maybe I should check my BP

naw..who cares.

Last edited by UrbanLegend; 10-09-2005 at 01:19 PM.

Shave that forest you've got going on around your belly

beyonddriven is offline Associate Member
    I second wilthepill123's statement get rid of the hair and get a little sun that will help with the look your trying to acheive.

dogsofwar is offline Member
    Lookin rad.

apexed37 is offline Junior Member
    lol at hairy stomach post

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanLegend
    Updates, I'm now three weeks into my (cutting) diet......currently using ECY, about to throw some clen in there in a week or in the hopes of getting my abs showing really well before june.
    Problem is, is there any abs under the belly fat? You dont have that much fat now, you should be able to feel buldging ripples with your fingers when your stomach muscles are flexed. If you dont feel significant muscle ripples then if I were you I'd rethink cutting. Cutting to show abs is a very catabolic thing, you will loose musculature that you cant afford to loose only to find yourself at 5% body fat and you still dont have any abs to show!

It takes about 1.5 to 2 years of continuous "weighted" crunches at least twice a week to develop visible abs. They dont just appear because you lost all your fat because undeveloped ab muscles are just plain flat with no definition. Looking at your pecs and arms, I really dont think you have any abs to show and you will end up being a walking skeleton when you get down to 5% body fat. I think you should hold a 10 to 15% body fat and work on developing out your overall frame and muscles for the next 3 years at minimum before you even stand a chance at showing abs without looking like an AIDS patient or walking skeleton.

For that matter you will get good obliques showing even at 14% body fat... the obliques showing might be a sign you have abs underneath. I just dont see any oblique definition, of course flash cameras tend to make us all look less defined, shrinks pecs, etc so the camera could be making you look less developed then you are but I think you have some more work to do.
    Last edited by Ntpadude; 04-27-2005 at 07:38 PM.

radar1234 is offline Member
    do u even workout?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by radar1234
    do u even workout?
    Why do you feel the need to pose such an insulting question?

I'll be waiting for a good answer because flaming like this isn't tolerated here.

~SC~

TheGreatOne is offline Associate Member
    I second Ntpadude's comments. Great post for you bro right there. Listen to what he said, everything he said is true. I would bulk up and eat like there is no tomorrow..
    Last edited by TheGreatOne; 04-27-2005 at 09:04 PM.

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatOne
    I second Ntpadude's comments. Great post for you bro right there. Listen to what he said, everything he said is true. I would bulk up and eat like there is no tomorrow..
    The bad thing is, all the magazines and sales gimicks keep having front page articles and headlines about developing these blow out abs in 5 weeks (this example was from a very recent Men's Fitness magazine), this is total bunk. There is absolutely nothing harder for a man to do then to develop visible abs. I also see dudes with abs that look so sickly because of being so grossly underweight.

For one, abs should only come with a proper V-shape. This is chest measuring at least 10 inches more then waist. I dont believe you should rely on diet or dope (Clen , T3, Crystal Meth) to burn off fat. The abs should develop in ONLY because you have developed your muscles and metabolism to where the development of these muscles and metabolism is burning off the belly fat on its own! As your muscles grow, you will see the tummy fat comes off with no special effort.

Working and developing you pecs is critical to proper appearance, health and development of those ab muscles. You dont want to rely on crunches alone. Standing pull down bar, pulled not straight down but stand away 2 feet from pull down and pull towards groin works out all muscles from pecs thru abs and groin. A variety of ab exercises that includes equal treatment to your pecs work great for proper ab development. Also get on your knees and make out like you are doing push ups but instead use a dumbell like a rolling pin, roll out and back is excellent for ab development. Essentially abs just wont look right unless you have decent pecs, good legs, good arms... anything less makes you look like you are a starver from 3rd world nation. Basically, the abs should be the LAST thing to show as everything else should be showing first like pecs, legs, arms, shoulders, etc.

BlInDsIdE is offline "ARs Most Dangerous Member"
    keep going man

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Good post ntpadude...

I agree, you need to have a good amount of muscle before you cut... cutting will be MUCH easier with a muscular frame.

CrossroadS is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wilthepill123
    Shave that forest you've got going on around your belly

haha I was gonna say it looks like a hairy vagina

Thanks for the comments everyone.

The shaving and tanning go without saying.....I haven't bothered to shave because I don't have much definition on my stomach yet, and tanning I just have to get around to doing again. Until I have A) time and B) consistent sun (and warmth) to work with it just won't happen. My gym's tanning beds are out of my price range for what I'm looking for.

Ntpadude: I can feel my abs when I flex, I even have the top two sections showing a bit right now. My pecs look pretty good actually, I don't have anything to really touch up the pics, so I guess its hard to see it with the bright light (maybe I'll take the pics in the dark next time?). My arms really are my only lagging body part, mostly because I have sort of a lanky structure so they'll have to be really big to look big.

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    do u even workout?

your a loser radar1234 and should be banned

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    do u even workout?
    i second that!

Thread Information