Canes4Ever is offline Banned

Pix of Me tonight at Baseball Game

Tonight was at the Florida State/U of Miami baseball game. They had as one of the pre-game attractions the Sears Football National Championship Trophy presented to the U of Miami football team after thier smashing victory over Nebraska last January.

Here are two pix of me in front of the Trophy...eat your heart out GaTurd, Semi-Whole, Huskergal and SheHorns fans.

# 1
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pix of Me tonight at Baseball Game-kevintrophy.jpg  

# 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pix of Me tonight at Baseball Game-kevintrophy2.jpg  

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    show the muscles bro....we are know you are working hard in that gym...open up....show the whole thing

how is that training of your coming along anyways? What are you plans for the summer?
    Last edited by Shredz; 04-13-2002 at 09:14 PM.

Iron horse is offline Anabolic Member
    nice pics, like the shirt

looks like you had a good time!

nice too see a face sometimes on here!

Originally posted by Shredz
    show the muscles bro....we are know you are working hard in that gym...open up....show the whole thing

how is that training of your coming along anyways? What are you plans for the summer?
    Me show my muscles? What muscles . I am working hard but you really don't wanna see my body.

If I do there will be a warning to clear the room of all women & children, that sight is not fit to be seen in polite company

Seriously Shredz I have self-esteem problem with my body....and that is being serious. I am afraid to show it here right now because I just would be humiliated next to the pix of BigKev, Diesel, you and others.....it's embarassing to look like I do.

As for the training, I missed the 1 x 225 again on the flat bench, this time I didn't even get it up 3 inches, so my strategy of leaving the flat bench out of my routine didn't work, I actually lost ground.

ironman57 is offline Associate Member
    you can just pose with your shirt on, here's one for you Canes!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pix of Me tonight at Baseball Game-apr13_01.jpg  

Originally posted by ironman57
    you can just pose with your shirt on, here's one for you Canes!
    Hey Ironman, you gonna come down to Miami, and lets get some of the AR brothers together and have a get-together down here ! We could go to one of the U of Miami Baseball games !!!

rangerdudeleads is offline Senior Member
    FSU #1..hey good idea we ought to get together one day, all the AR brothers at a ball game being plastered. By the way looks like you had fun bro but dint fsu fool you this year cause its gonna be a totally different team,, youll see.

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    Originally posted by Canes4Ever

Me show my muscles? What muscles . I am working hard but you really don't wanna see my body.

If I do there will be a warning to clear the room of all women & children, that sight is not fit to be seen in polite company

Seriously Shredz I have self-esteem problem with my body....and that is being serious. I am afraid to show it here right now because I just would be humiliated next to the pix of BigKev, Diesel, you and others.....it's embarassing to look like I do.

As for the training, I missed the 1 x 225 again on the flat bench, this time I didn't even get it up 3 inches, so my strategy of leaving the flat bench out of my routine didn't work, I actually lost ground.
    Canes, I feel like I know the big bros you reference above. I also think that if they thought you weren't proud to show off your accomplishments because their gains keep you from being proud of your gains, they would get upset and bitch at you. BE PROUD OF WHAT YOU HAVE ACCOMPLISHED!
    I remember some pics of you awhile back. It looks like (in your face anyway) you have dropped your bf% down some more! Just my opinion bro, but to me it looks like your efforts are paying off! Keep it up. 225lbs is gonna come and go before you know it. In a few months I bet we are hearing about 255lbs!
    Glad you had fun at bball game. talk with you soon!

peace,

ttgb

The Baron is offline Fourth Koala of the Apocalypse

That's one of Arnold's tricks. Show off something you are "unproud" of, and you have a greater incentive to improve. He cut the legs off his training pants so people could constantly criticize his calves, and within a couple of years his calves were top notch. Put up a pic and you will have even more determination to improve. Better yet, put up your "before" pic too, cause I know you have made sparkling improvements since the day you picked up your first dumbbell.

As for the bench, your 1RM is not as important as you probably think it is. Certainly it doesn't directly relate to how nice your chest looks. My chest workout is:

BP 3 warmup sets, then 3 heavy sets reverse pyramid. Third warmup set isn't really a set. I continue 4-5 reps with 135, then add a pair of 25s for 2 reps, then add pairs of 10s for 1-2 reps each new weight until I am at the weight I want for my first working set. Then I take a nice long break before my working sets. I do the heavy one 7-9 reps, then reduce the weight on the subsequent sets to keep the reps in the 7-9 range. BP is sort of an anchor for my chest routine but no longer dominates it.

FLYS 2 sets. Sometimes just 1 set. Lately, I am leaning toward always hitting a large muscle with at least one isolation exercise, 1-2 sets after the compound work. Don't know if that is counterproductive or not but it feels like I have completely worked the targeted muscle when I do it that way.

Decline Flys 2 sets

Incline Flys 2 sets Sometimes I do declines first and sometimes I do 3-4 sets instead of just 2

Cable crossovers... I like them but I don't have any machines at all and just too cheap and lazy to join a gym.

My beginners gains were phenomenal even for a 40 yr old beginner, and even though I was making the "mistake" of training with high volume. Then I bowed to conventional wisdom and reduced my volume and cut out most isolation work and my gains came to a complete standstill. Hmmmm..... Anecdotally, it would seem that many people benefit greatly, size-wise, from switching back and forth from lowish to high vol every couple of months.

I have no idea what my 1RM is. Never tried for a single and never intentionally loaded the bar to where I could not do 7 reps. Still, I have a decent enough chest for 43 yrs old and natural up until a couple weeks ago. BP doesn't have to be the end-all of your chest workout, and your 1RM isn't something that you need to be overly concerned with if you want to look good. So don't train like a powerlifter. Train like a Bodybuilder, and then you will look like one in time. There are plenty of powerlifters who are built like refrigerators who bench way more than I will ever squat. I say: "so what?" At least I am not shaped like a kitchen appliance.

Originally posted by rangerdudeleads
    FSU #1..hey good idea we ought to get together one day, all the AR brothers at a ball game being plastered. By the way looks like you had fun bro but dint fsu fool you this year cause its gonna be a totally different team,, youll see.
    We'll see is right, and remember the game is at the Orange Bowl...Miami DOESN'T lose at the OB

I think it would be great to get the AR brotherhood down here in South Fla together sometime. I know at least 6 or 7 guys right off the top of my head that live in the Miami area.

TTGB & The Baron, thanks for the encouragement bros, I really do appreciate it. I will get over this and show my pic sometime but I just don't want the guys here to laugh too much.

I just am embarassed, I have a way to fat belly.

gettinthere is offline Associate Member
    canes, atleast do this for us, take a pic now, but dont post it. Save it for when you make enough gains that you are comfortable posting and when you/we look at the two pics beside the other it will be bad-ass! I feel you on the chest thing, i can still remember when i started lifting, my goal was to be able to start my bench workout with atleast 135! There was a time that i maxed out at only 115!! 1 rep! Now i can do 265 for three reps (last monday new record whoo!) It will come, just make sure to get a spotter and do forced reps on every set for big gains!

9natural9 is offline Banned
    Unacceptable, that trophy will be in Austin this season.........hook'em HORNS!!!!!!

Fif the Great is offline Associate Member
    Everyone knows that the SEC kicks ass and takes names when it comes to football. Our damn conference is too hard so everyone in it winds up losing at least a few games so we rarely go to a championship game. I'm having visions of LSU in the championship game next year, of course... I'm fairly biased. But when it comes to college baseball (I know... I know) over the past decade or so... LSU stands alone.

Originally posted by 9natural9
    Unacceptable, that trophy will be in Austin this season.........hook'em HORNS!!!!!!
    Sorry, but your SheHorns have no chance

Originally posted by Fif the Great
    Everyone knows that the SEC kicks ass and takes names when it comes to football. Our damn conference is too hard so everyone in it winds up losing at least a few games so we rarely go to a championship game. I'm having visions of LSU in the championship game next year, of course... I'm fairly biased. But when it comes to college baseball (I know... I know) over the past decade or so... LSU stands alone.
    Not really my Hurricanes have won 2 of the last 3 (1999 & 2001), in college baseball, so they rank up there too. We have infact been the NCAA Baseball Tournament 29 years in a row, a feat only Florida State can come close to (the last 22 years).

And about that SEC crap of being the biggest and baddest conference, okay tell me what happened to Florida & Tennessee when they had chances to go to the Rose Bowl ? They both blew it......

(next bigtime smack talk coming )

Next year Miami will show just how crappy the SEC how bad it is as Miami will play at Florida in September and at Tennessee in November.

keep dreaming but the Trophy will stay in Coral Gables

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    my advice to you about you self esteem problem with your body...is use that as the fuel to drive you to perfection. Let that defeat of the 225lbs on flat bench..make you work harder. Anything negative in this way of life.. hurts..I understand all of us face it day in a day out. What you have to do is make something positive out of it. Be a little more stick with the diet. When you think about snacking or not going in for a training session think back to when you couldn't get that bench up. You will end up racing to the gym to get in there and give your body no other unlterative but to GROW.

You will love it.

Good luck and keep us posted on the bench.

Cheers

NightOp is offline Member

Canes, I don't know you very well on the boards, but virtually every post of your's I've read is very encouraging and friendly.

As to being ashamed of your body, the majority of people are, even a number of ppl on these boards I imagine. No, you aren't 25 years old anymore, but that is life. We all will die some day and we all will be older, so enjoy the age you're at and take it as it comes. I think its wonderful that you have the dedication and want to improve your body. I hope I can say the same about myself when I get to be your age.

Keep up the good work.

my advice to you about you self esteem problem with your body...is use that as the fuel to drive you to perfection. Let that defeat of the 225lbs on flat bench..make you work harder. Anything negative in this way of life.. hurts..I understand all of us face it day in a day out. What you have to do is make something positive out of it. Be a little more stick with the diet. When you think about snacking or not going in for a training session think back to when you couldn't get that bench up. You will end up racing to the gym to get in there and give your body no other unlterative but to GROW.

You will love it.

Cheers
    Shredz, thanks for the major props on the encouragement. I am feeling better about myself and will try to put up pix very soon to chart my progress. I do love to go to the gym and have to get myself just loving my body, instead of hating it.

peace bro, and again thanks

Originally posted by NightOp

Canes, I don't know you very well on the boards, but virtually every post of your's I've read is very encouraging and friendly.

As to being ashamed of your body, the majority of people are, even a number of ppl on these boards I imagine. No, you aren't 25 years old anymore, but that is life. We all will die some day and we all will be older, so enjoy the age you're at and take it as it comes. I think its wonderful that you have the dedication and want to improve your body. I hope I can say the same about myself when I get to be your age.

Keep up the good work.
    NightOp thanks bro, I try to be encouaraging to everyone, because we should be that way. I know probably no one will make fun of me, but I just don't wanna show the body too much because it just is embarassing. You can see me in the Pets Pictures thread if you wish.

NightOp peace bro, and I appreciate the kind words.

bigkev is offline Scamming Traitor
    we all had to start somewhere caines! you are no where we bigger guys have not already been. you are busting your ass in the gym for every little cut, every inch you lose, every bit of muscle you gain. no shame in that. work on your poses so that when you are ready to post the flexy pics, you post the pics of the poses that highlite your stronger points, the poses that make you look good. you want me to let you in on a little secret"living in miami you should know this" a dark tan makes anyone look 1000x better. no one here will give anything but 100% support to you brother. havnt you figured this whole board thing out yet? why so many people come to these sites and spend hours ? this is the one thing you can be sure will never cost you a dime or earn you one. no one has anything to gain by being freinds on an anonymous internet site. we are here because we share support. we relate to one another and all feel like we have gained something when a member reaches a goal. we give each other the gift of encouragment and knowledge. 2 best things in the world...

The Baron is offline Fourth Koala of the Apocalypse

You will love it.

Cheers
    If you succeed, it was too easy. Try again, make it harder. If you fail, you weren't trying hard enough. Tough words, but they get me going when nothing else does.

DiMensionX is offline Member
    BigKev, extremely well spoken, that is why I look forward to reading your posts.

Caines, take that damn picture and save it away. I have one of myself from January 2nd and another from last month. They stay in a safe . I will however post them and one from when I finish my cycle.

I take one every single january, have been for a long time. I look back on some of them and I am distgusted, until I look in the mirror today. I may not look like much to these folks, but to me, for what I have accomplished I am in fucking awe.

Don't sweat the bench max. Who really cares? I think you want to improve your body for yourself, does it really matter how much you put up doing it? No.

Take that picture man, you will be glad you did.

DMX

Okay guys, you have convinced me to put up a pic. I will take one this Saturday and post it. Please guys be kind, but be fair with the critisim. Tell me what I can do.

I know I want to lose the fat 1st, so I am gonna go from there. I have been working out for 3 years so I'm not gonna lose fat real fast I guess because my body is used to working out, so no newbie gains.

Thread Information