bfit01 is offline New Member

New Member Here! Updated

Just wanted to put up a quick post and say hello. I'm getting ready to start SC's shredding program. The pic is where I'm at now after a year+ layoff. My goal is to get as lean as possible while retaining as much of my lean mass as I can. Once I get into the single digit BF, I'll start adding some clean muscle. Questions/comments welcome.

Height: 6'5"
    Weight: 260
    Waist: 37"
    BF: ??

Great board btw.

DevilDoc
    HM1/USN
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Member Here!-p1010245.jpg  
    Last edited by bfit01; 05-25-2005 at 07:41 PM. Reason: new pic

Slick Arrado is offline Member
    Good luck bro.

TexasFitnessGirl is offline Female Member
    Welcome and good Luck!

Cry0smate is offline Member
    Welcome, you are going to love SGX!

Nicky B is offline Senior Member
    You would look nice at 245 or even 250 need to lower your bodyfat.

GREENMACHINE is offline Are you green enough?
    Good luck withs SC program.

Good Luck and Welcome

Seajackal is offline Anabolic Member
    6'5"??? You're a giant, bro, just put the BF down and work hard and
    good luck!

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Welcome...

How've you outlined your weight-loss goals?

Have you modified your diet/training as yet?

I am am sitting at 260 right now after a year layoff. I have not worked out at all. I have worked out off and on for 20 yrs though. 260 seems to be kind of a set point. I have neither gained, nor lost any weight, BF just went up.

With this in mind, I think I can put 10-15 of muscle back on while losing about 25 lbs of fat. This would put me at about 235-240 @ 7-8% BF. I plan on doing this in the next eight weeks. I realize that this is a rather lofty goal but should I fail to attain the above, I know that I will look a hell of a lot better than I do now.

I'll post progress pics weekly and let you know how it goes.

This will be all natural with the exception of ECA. I've never done steroids , however I have done a couple prohormone cycles.

Any guesses on BF?? Thanks.

1morerep is offline Associate Member
    welcome to ar

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member
    welcome to AR bro!

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    17-20% give or take

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bfit01
    Just wanted to put up a quick post and say hello. I'm getting ready to start SC's shredding program. The pic is where I'm at now after a year+ layoff. My goal is to get as lean as possible while retaining as much of my lean mass as I can. Once I get into the single digit BF, I'll start adding some clean muscle. Questions/comments welcome.

Height: 6'5"
    Weight: 260
    Waist: 37"
    BF: ??

Great board btw.

DevilDoc
    HM1/USN
    Look like about 20% BF... I donno... I had been up to 22% BF and my waist was only 34 inches... your height conceals how big 37 inches really is because your visual purportions resemble a 215 lbs guy of about 5'10" height. I would think a goal of about a 34 inch waist would be reasonable provided your bone frame supports this. For example on me, I could loose weight down to 120 lbs and still be a 32 waist because of my bone frame... maybe your minimum is 34 or 35?

Myself I advocate a slower weight loss program which does not involve loosing weight based on diet alone but rather only a minor slack off of calaries a day with most emphasis on exercise to loose the fat. Personally I rely on weight training with minimal effort with the cardio, but then again I am a hard gainer and my goal is to add 20 more lbs and I am already in single digit body fat percentage now. Now I have seen others in your shape not only use weight training but go to the aerobics classes... spinning, dance and pump or whatever they are called and I can tell you, these type classes work WAY better then just jogging a treadmill alone. I have a friend who had 37 inch waist loose 4 inches off the waist just since MARCH with NO DIETING doing these aerobics classes that are offered at most gyms. Also since the weight came off via exercise and not diet, I beleive the lost weight will not be so easy to come back and the health gains are more keepable this way as he altered his metabolism to fit his comfortable diet rather then trying to struggle with an impossible diet, etc.

Ranger5 is offline Junior Member
    Welcome to the board. In my opinion, the most important thing to remember is consistency. 6'5, wow, your are on the verge of being a monster. Good luck.

PrimoPup is offline Associate Member
    Welcome aboard you are going to Love AR Boards, with that frame you will be looking good real fast.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    You need not worry, he's working with me and I've got him covered.

My programs are the bomb, and they have been delivering results for over 5 years.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by Ntpadude
    Look like about 20% BF... I donno... I had been up to 22% BF and my waist was only 34 inches... your height conceals how big 37 inches really is because your visual purportions resemble a 215 lbs guy of about 5'10" height. I would think a goal of about a 34 inch waist would be reasonable provided your bone frame supports this. For example on me, I could loose weight down to 120 lbs and still be a 32 waist because of my bone frame... maybe your minimum is 34 or 35?

Myself I advocate a slower weight loss program which does not involve loosing weight based on diet alone but rather only a minor slack off of calaries a day with most emphasis on exercise to loose the fat. Personally I rely on weight training with minimal effort with the cardio, but then again I am a hard gainer and my goal is to add 20 more lbs and I am already in single digit body fat percentage now. Now I have seen others in your shape not only use weight training but go to the aerobics classes... spinning, dance and pump or whatever they are called and I can tell you, these type classes work WAY better then just jogging a treadmill alone. I have a friend who had 37 inch waist loose 4 inches off the waist just since MARCH with NO DIETING doing these aerobics classes that are offered at most gyms. Also since the weight came off via exercise and not diet, I beleive the lost weight will not be so easy to come back and the health gains are more keepable this way as he altered his metabolism to fit his comfortable diet rather then trying to struggle with an impossible diet, etc.

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    You need not worry, he's working with me and I've got him covered.

My programs are the bomb, and they have been delivering results for over 5 years.

~SC~
    Sorry didnt read that part... well you know us body builder types...cant spell worth a darn... and just like Moose from the Archie comics used to say... Duh all the time... Well here is a big DUH from this meat head... hehehe.

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    looking good bro!

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntpadude
    Sorry didnt read that part... well you know us body builder types...cant spell worth a darn... and just like Moose from the Archie comics used to say... Duh all the time... Well here is a big DUH from this meat head... hehehe.
    All good man!

~SC~

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Good luck bro,cant wait to see how it works, after summer Im going on Swoleup2!!!! NY

diezell is offline Senior Member
    ure gonna be a complete moster in no time

Just put up a better pic for perspective.

Thread Information