Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    PrimoPup is offline Associate Member

Ok as promissed laugh away...

As i have told everyone, here i am with my nephew, we started the weights together today, after 3 years of being laid up and not able to lift weights due to a bad bike accident, but anyway my Dr. last week gave me the ok sign to go back to lifting weights, i am going to post a shot every 30 days.
    I have been pumping iron since i have been 15 years old. And can't believe all them years of lifting and 3 years of stopping you can get to look so bad. But anyway i am back and damn glad i found this forum everyone here seems to be solid. Feel free to laugh away, i will not be offended at all, because i know i am a disgrace, but i will get the last laugh in, count on it....And to all of the men and women in the Armed Forces, Thank you......

wolfyEVH is offline Anabolic Member
    this will be an intresting thread........good luck bro........

good luck, I wanna see those progress pics

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    yeah good luck u got alot of work to do. no offense.

Nicky B is offline Senior Member
    From the pic it looks like you are 27 and your nephew is 45.

alphaman is offline Member
    Your nephew looks heavier too!

Now you've really made a commitment! Nothing like determination! Best of luck.

4U2NV is offline Associate Member
    Good luck guys. just like alphaman said you made a commitment now stick to it. Keep us posted if not Ill hunt you down.

Every 30 days, like i said i am so glad that after 3 years i finally got the OK to be able to lift weights again, my only problem that i am going to have is that i lost all the cartilage in my right knee, so cardio work is going to be hard, but i know how to lift, and will probably do the 12-4-8-20 sets, the shame is my calves are still very large, i have to figure something out for my quads. But it felt good, alive again after 3 years, hell i am just glad to be alive..

Good Luck.

subsailor is offline Junior Member
    It's all good, bro. Best of luck!

WildCh1ld is offline Banned
    Hit it hard bro! Good luck!

TheDfromGC is offline Anabolic Member
    LLLLLLLLOOOOOOOLLLLLLLL AHAHAHHAHAH, nah im kidding....u dont look to bad at all, lot of extra body fat but u seem to have a good base already shoulder wise, chest wise ect....get a good diet, start hitting the gym and treadmill and youll be well on ur way....goodluck

Well i woke up this morning still tight in my chest, a very good sign, a little lactic acid build up but nothing that selenium,water, and some apple cider vinegar will not take care of. here was my chest routine for yesterday, remember i have not pumped in 3 years so.....
    Day 1
    Incline Bench 10 degree 12 reps 4 reps 8 reps all @ 90 degree elbow flexion 20 reps full range of motion.
    Incline Bench 20 degree 12 reps 4 reps 8 reps all @ 90 degree elbow flexion 20 reps full range of motion.
    Incline Bench 30 degree 12 reps 4 reps 8 reps all @ 90 degree elbow flexion 20 reps full range of motion.
    Incline Bench 30 degree 12 reps 4 reps 8 reps all @ 90 degree elbow flexion 20 reps full range of motion.
    another very good sign was a was able to get all 4 sets and all 4 reps were done with 225 no spot.! GodDamn am i excited. I do have some cleneb but will not start that for another 4 weeks.

•The below will be incorporated daily•
    50 Crunches ( that's all that fat body would handle )
    1/2 mile walk 1/2 mile sprints on treadmill (the knee feels good too another very good sign)

Today is Biceps...woohooo.

co2boi is offline Anabolic Member
    Can't wait to see your progress bro. Good luck

Dave321 is offline AR's Salad Tossing Connoisseur
    Keep it up, you can easily get back into shape judging by your base. Hit the cardio hard and watch the diet. Good luck!

Here is a shot of the wheels

• Ok here is me and my inspiration, also a shot of my wheels. Biceps are tonight.•
    BTW both of them legs had compound fractures of the Tibula and Fibula

Last edited by PrimoPup; 05-17-2005 at 09:01 AM.

Sta11ion is offline Member
    Wow your kid looks excatly like you.

co2boi is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sta11ion
    Wow your kid looks excatly like you.
    lol...It's the blur gene

ya he has 2 chins 2... LOL

IronBrother is offline Junior Member
    It looks like you are off to a good start and you are motivated. And since you were in shape before, you should progress well.

And bro, you held up well for not being able to work out for three years.

And, by the way, if you think that people will laugh at you here – it won’t happen bro.

This is a brotherhood, not a hate society.

Bottom line…nothing to worry about here bro. Keep posting your progress pics.

You look fine, and you will look great after you get yourself back in shape.

Keep kickin’ it in the gym bro.

And bro -- glad to hear you have recovered!

dr.shred is offline Senior Member
    best of luck bro.

-SHRED

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    You can do it. . .
    Good Luck on your journey. . .
    Nobody ever said it is easy, so be persistent!!

kloter1 is offline Southern Steel Bodybuilding
    Id never laugh at someones pics. There is alot of progress to be made. Stick with it bro. good luck.

Well this morning was the end of week 1, i must say that over all i am very happy, my pumps from the days prior are still here, i can feel the tightness through out my body, it feels great to have that feeling back. I might have done a little to much ab work, my abs are so sore i am unable to eat without getting a stomach ache, but i have 2 days of rest coming and i am confident the pain will subside, although i am going to keep cardio active for all 7 days.
    Oh for the person who gave me a PM asking what happened to me, well i was racing super bikes and had my front tire blow @ 168mph, i had sustained 2 compound fractures of my Tibula and Fibula, 2 compound fractures of my 8th and 9th rib along with 5 fractured ribs, collapsed lung, broke my back, stretched nerves in my neck which will never heal, the Dr's said that the only way i lived was because of the great physical condition i was in prior to the accident.
    The scariest moment is when i was about to be Medic Vact out of there a priest was giving me my last rights, i told him that's ok father i am not going anywhere, that is a true statement as well, believe it or not it never hurt when it happened, but it hurt like HELL when they took that compression vest off of my chest, i never broke a rib before, and damn does that suck big time, anyone who has busted a rib knows what i mean.
    Anyway here i am now 3 years later lifting weights, and a father of a new son, life sure has a sick sense of humor does it not. Needless to say i will never race again, not because i am afraid, but because i now have someone who will be relying on me his whole life. And i know this is stupid but i did hop back on a sickle again for another 170 mph shot, i forget what person said this quote but it is so true.
    There is nothing to fear but fear it self, and if it is feared then be feared.
    Anyway now my goal is to get back to were i was at the accident 225lbs so that means 40lbs of blub will be leaving, anyone want it...LOL :P
    Last edited by PrimoPup; 05-21-2005 at 06:24 AM.

Cooper Lvr is offline New Member
    I admire your determination. Grad to hear you have recovered

Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    As cliched as it sounds the first step is always the hardest. Sounds like we should be expecting some improvements next time we see some pics. Good luck.

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    you have a great frame.

you should drop that weight in notime,

goodluck!

scriptfactory is offline Anabolic Member
    You look like you have a good base. Great calves!

I was about where you are last year. It doesn't take long to drop the fat, just make sure after you drop it you KEEP it off. That's always the hard part for me.

justin2305 is offline Senior Member
    if anyone were to laugh at someone that was in a bad back accedent and had to get off the weights for medical reasons i would say they need to get a life!!! best of luck to u and ur nef. keep us posted

justin

boistheman is offline Associate Member
    lookin better bro hope everything goes well and D*** you got some big ass calves. GOOD LUCK

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Good luck on your quest!

One thing, DROP THE SPRINTS!!! Not only is a slower pace BETTER for fat loss in regards to cardio, your knees will thank you. You said you had no cartilage in one knee, and this will help that a LOT!

Good luck!

~SC~

SwoleCat i did drop the sprints it is way to much stress on my knee, i am just walking as fast as i can @ 15 degree incline.
    Swolecat i seen your pics at your web site, awesome looking, an inspiration to me indeed. And to everyone thanks for the encouragement, you do not know how bad i miss throwing around the iron.! I just ordered this for my gym, i am turning my 2 car garage into a gym.
    I am building the gym because of my new son, sometimes it would be impossible for me to get to the gym, so this way i will never miss a work out, plus i already have over 1200lbs of Olympic plates and all the bars as well. Damn am i excited... I can not wait to post my 30 day pic, after 5 days i can see it comming together.

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Good luck on your quest!

One thing, DROP THE SPRINTS!!! Not only is a slower pace BETTER for fat loss in regards to cardio, your knees will thank you. You said you had no cartilage in one knee, and this will help that a LOT!

Good luck!

~SC~
    Last edited by PrimoPup; 05-21-2005 at 06:21 AM.

furiousburn is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimoPup
    Well this morning was the end of week 1, i must say that over all i am very happy, my pumps from the days prior are still here, i can feel the tightness through out my body, it feels great to have that feeling back. I might have done a little to much ab work, my abs are so sore i am unable to eat without getting a stomach ache, but i have 2 days of rest coming and i am confident the pain will subside, although i am going to keep cardio active for all 7 days.
    Oh for the person who gave me a PM asking what happened to me, well i was racing super bikes and had my front tire blow @ 168mph, i had sustained 2 compound fractures of my Tibula and Fibula, 2 compound fractures of my 8th and 9th rib along with 5 fractured ribs, collapsed lung, broke my back, stretched nerves in my neck which will never heal, the Dr's said that the only way i lived was because of the great physical condition i was in prior to the accident.
    The scariest moment is when i was about to be Medic Vact out of there a priest was giving me my last rights, i told him that's ok father i am not going anywhere, that is a true statement as well, believe it or not it never hurt when it happened, but it hurt like HELL when they took that compression vest off of my chest, i never broke a rib before, and damn does that suck big time, anyone who has busted a rib knows what i mean.
    Anyway here i am now 3 years later lifting weights, and a father of a new son, life sure has a sick sense of humor does it not. Needless to say i will never race again, not because i am afraid, but because i now have someone who will be relying on me his whole life. And i know this is stupid but i did hop back on a sickle again for another 170 mph shot, i forget what person said this quote but it is so true.

Anyway now my goal is to get back to were i was at the accident 225lbs so that means 40lbs of blub will be leaving, anyone want it...LOL :P

That's an insane amount of pain you've lived through. I have nothing but respect for you bro. Good luck with your training.

Seajackal is offline Anabolic Member
    Best of luck, bro, nice basis you have will make things easier for you to hit
    your tagerts. Keep it up, man!

All the best luck PrimoPup

Feel like crying...

I woke up this morning and my right knee looked like a had a softball in it, called my Dr up she made a special trip to her office for me, my knee is full of water, i sat there with tears in my eyes as i watched her drain out 2 syringes full of water ( it looked like liquid gold). The tears were from disappointment not pain. I do not know what to do now for any sort of cardio, i am going to try swimming but even she thinks that will bring fluid into my knee, she says a slow paced walk and i will be fine, or we can do a total knee replacement.
    I came into this world with 2 knees and i am leaving it with 2. I am not giving up, no ****ing way, been through way to much shit to say **** it now. I am very sorry for the cussing and i apologize if i offend anyone because of it, but i need to vent, and vent bad.
    It is very scary knowing you will never be able to run again, let me rephrase that, run for any long distances, or do any kind of leg exercises at all.
    All my pumps are staying with me, upper body wise, which is awesome, i just do not think i will ever be able to get ripped again like i use to be without cardio.
    Anyway now this is going to be a real project.!

GREENMACHINE is offline Are you green enough?
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimoPup
    SwoleCat i did drop the sprints it is way to much stress on my knee, i am just walking as fast as i can @ 15 degree incline.
    Swolecat i seen your pics at your web site, awesome looking, an inspiration to me indeed. And to everyone thanks for the encouragement, you do not know how bad i miss throwing around the iron.! I just ordered this for my gym, i am turning my 2 car garage into a gym.

I am building the gym because of my new son, sometimes it would be impossible for me to get to the gym, so this way i will never miss a work out, plus i already have over 1200lbs of Olympic plates and all the bars as well. Damn am i excited... I can not wait to post my 30 day pic, after 5 days i can see it comming together.
    That look like a sweet bit of kit. It look like a hybrid lat machine/smith machine. Does it have a D bar. Good luck with the wight loss.

Seajackal is offline Anabolic Member
    Feel very sorry for your knees problem, Big Primo, I know it sux big time
    since you were expecting to start off your cutter as soon as possible, now
    more than ever you must be very strict to diet, eat clean, try fat burners
    to help ya in some level of your goals, and keep the faith there's always an
    answer for the problem, I have a left knee pain when I do my quads so I
    can't lift so heavy as I wanted, but always trying my best to go and go.
    Obviously this won't even compaire to your situation but man, you've been
    thru a mountain of things and over came all them thru your 45 years of
    living in this planet, so I believe you're strong enough, phisically and mentally
    to overcome this one, it's just a moment for now but things will come together
    for you to keep geting lean and hard like the days before your accident.
    Big Primo, my good friend I don't know what to say else than keep the faith
    and don't give up tough guy, I also have faith that you're gonna do it no matter
    what. Best of all in your new project, budy!

ultimo is offline Associate Member
    im trying to lean down to bro

slow and steady wins the face, you have an awesome base man! you look jacked.

so sorry to hear about the knees...i feel bad ya cant do squats
    but that new gear looks pretty pimp.

good luck and keep us posted for sure

Thanks SJ for the words of inspiration, you already know me, i will get through this some how. After 2 weeks of lifting and the pumps staying with me was such a good feeling, i was really thinking by July i could cut up, but now it is probably going to be next year, but life is going to go on, and i am not going anywhere.! Thanks everyone for the support.!

Quote Originally Posted by Seajackal
    Feel very sorry for your knees problem, Big Primo, I know it sux big time
    since you were expecting to start off your cutter as soon as possible, now
    more than ever you must be very strict to diet, eat clean, try fat burners
    to help ya in some level of your goals, and keep the faith there's always an
    answer for the problem, I have a left knee pain when I do my quads so I
    can't lift so heavy as I wanted, but always trying my best to go and go.
    Obviously this won't even compaire to your situation but man, you've been
    thru a mountain of things and over came all them thru your 45 years of
    living in this planet, so I believe you're strong enough, phisically and mentally
    to overcome this one, it's just a moment for now but things will come together
    for you to keep geting lean and hard like the days before your accident.
    Big Primo, my good friend I don't know what to say else than keep the faith
    and don't give up tough guy, I also have faith that you're gonna do it no matter
    what. Best of all in your new project, budy!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information