Kid Shred is offline Member

1st place, hangin' up the trunks!!!!

Competed in a local show this weekend, came in at 195.5 lbs at 6 ft, 13 lbs heavier than last time I competed not quite as ripped but a lot more muscular. Came in First, lost to the middle in the overall but am happy. It's been 11 years competing in this sport starting out as a teen lightweight at 145 lbs , and I really feel I've reached my genetic potential aided with methodical enhancements, and I'd like to quit now without crossong the point of no return. Nothing against other lifelong competetors, just keeping what's in my best interest, getting married, kids, career change, e.t.c.
    I'm gonna keep hittin' weights 3 times a week (circuit) and going back into competitive swimming (5 days a week) which was my first passion, I'll make sure to post my pct phases along with pix to document my physique returning to a period of Normalcy. I 'd really like to thank Mike XXL for helpin' me out with the offseason bulkin' as I went up to 235 this year and his advices were on the money. I have a couple pix so far but I'll post more soon as I ordered some from the contest photographers. Feel free to tear up a critique, It's not like I'm gonna dwell on it for longer than a sec anyway.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1st place, hangin' up the trunks!!!!-morning-luck.jpg   1st place, hangin' up the trunks!!!!-finals-side-chest.jpg   1st place, hangin' up the trunks!!!!-patio-side-chest.jpg   1st place, hangin' up the trunks!!!!-patio-side-serr.jpg  

oy yeah, I'm the guy in the middle, the guy on the right is the middle who won, the heavyweight is on the left, and the lightweight who isn't shown I thought would win, I'll post some more soon

4U2NV is offline Associate Member
    Lookin good bro! You can tell you have put in some hard work as well as your deit being on point. What are you tanning with? Protan? Lookin dark bro

yeah, I'm asian so I'm pretty dark, but used pro-tan 3 coats on Friday Night, blow dry for 20 minutes after each coat, and final coat on Saturday morning, I only used up half of the big bottle though.

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    You looked great man! How old are you? What have your cycles looked like over the years. High doses/long runs, Low doses, etc. Just curious to know.
    Nice build!

CrazyKC is offline Associate Member
    Looking good keep up the good work

shreaded is offline New Member
    good job............from the pics that I see if you had come in a little drier you could have won the overall title........but its only one pic so..........

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Bodybuilding's lost another gem.

Good luck with the transition!

birsling is offline Member
    Shred, you are a credit to the sport. Great work, and you looked great. Congrats on your career accomplishments, and good luck with your "normalcy".

Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    Congrats on the win. Not to nit pic but it looks like you have gyno in a few of those shots. Is that just the angle?

Dave321 is offline AR's Salad Tossing Connoisseur
    Congrats!!!

alphaman is offline Member
    Not a flame. You look waywaywaywaywaywayway better than me, but is that a little gyno there?

DEVLDOG is offline Retired VET
    congrats on your placing,now get that gyno taken care of..

Good luck with the swimming.

AG5678 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime
    Congrats on the win. Not to nit pic but it looks like you have gyno in a few of those shots. Is that just the angle?
    I was going to say the same thing

Gene is offline Associate Member
    Best wishes for your transition away from the bodybuilding lifestyle. These transitions are always difficult.

Before I quit competitive swimming (some 6 years ago) I couldn't imagine life without it. But swimmers are crazy like that. Now, my lifestyle is forcing me to transition away from hard-core bodybuilding. Hard to imagine it, first life revolves around high-protein meals and training sessions, now the reverse.

Billyspt4 is offline Associate Member
    You look great man, like everyone else has said, good luck with your future and sorry to see you move away from competition

Quote Originally Posted by Gene
    Best wishes for your transition away from the bodybuilding lifestyle. These transitions are always difficult.

Before I quit competitive swimming (some 6 years ago) I couldn't imagine life without it. But swimmers are crazy like that. Now, my lifestyle is forcing me to transition away from hard-core bodybuilding. Hard to imagine it, first life revolves around high-protein meals and training sessions, now the reverse.

You definately hit the nail on the head, it's good to know that other people can understand (and that's not just the clomid talkin',Sinister Grin). Don't get me wrong I love Bodybuilding and the whole irony of the sport, but as far as my experience is concerned the lifestyle was getting more and more sour in my mouth from year to year. Swimming is definately a completely different type of training altogether, I tried a 2000 yd. followed by a 30 min circuit trainin' for the past 3 days and my fluidity in the water just isn't there,but it's a challenge , a transition, and a hopefully a healthier lifestyle.

Thread Information