Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    little-one is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AandF6969
    right... don't forget your muscles grow from food while youre resting, not while working out though.

your hot

cacti is offline Junior Member
    Alright guys, it's been awhile since I've updated- I planned to post pics every 2 weeks. It's been quite awhile since the last, and there was a week or two in there where I got off on my diet a bit, lost energy and plateued in the gym. But the past few weeks I've regained momentum and I'm growing again. Currently at 163lbs, 2 away from my original goal weight.

So I'm gonna go ahead and post the pics in a timeline so you can see where I've come from.

Starting with the front:

First pic is before starting a 'real' lifting routine(under a year ago) and the last 2 are the new ones I just took today.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Skinny Dude Training For Proportion- Progression Pics-cacti1.jpg   Skinny Dude Training For Proportion- Progression Pics-cacti3.jpg   Skinny Dude Training For Proportion- Progression Pics-cacti7.jpg   Skinny Dude Training For Proportion- Progression Pics-cacti8.jpg  

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    You were sickly skinny looking before, good progress.. It takes time and dedication which obviously you have both.. Keep it up.

And back: (last 2 are new again)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Skinny Dude Training For Proportion- Progression Pics-cacti2.jpg   Skinny Dude Training For Proportion- Progression Pics-cacti4.jpg   Skinny Dude Training For Proportion- Progression Pics-cacti9.jpg   Skinny Dude Training For Proportion- Progression Pics-cacti10.jpg  

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    Little more of the V-shape. Good job, keep us posted on your progress slinky.

And... Legs!

This is my most improved area since starting the serious program because I had never trained them a day in my life before. I know I'm still skinny, but now my legs are at least 'caught up' with the rest of my body and don't look sickly(you're totally right about that) I'm about 10 pounds away from my new goal weight of 175 now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Skinny Dude Training For Proportion- Progression Pics-cacti5.jpg   Skinny Dude Training For Proportion- Progression Pics-cacti11.jpg   Skinny Dude Training For Proportion- Progression Pics-cacti12.jpg  

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    Great progress, especially the legs!

305GUY is offline Anabolic Member
    Bro, good job. Just keep lifting hard and EAT EAT EAT!!!!!!!!

Hello again, I decided to update again because I'm had a really good day today: it's been a week or two coming, but I had to go out and buy some new underwear today because my thighs and ass has outgrown them, getting way too tight! I never thought I would outgrow any clothing ever again since early high school years, but then I never had an ass until now.

I'm still progressing at a steady pace, but not as fast as I could be because money is holding me back from eating as much as I could. Still skinny, but then I will always be skinny because I only want to gain about 10-15 more pounds. But that is probably giong to take me a few more months and at that point I will see if I'm happy with the results.

These pictures are from today, but my good camera ran out of batteries after the first picture so I had to use a different one with a wide angle lens for the rest. You can see I haven't gained much fat but just enough to lose the stomach just a little. I don't think my metabolism will allow me to gain much more fat than this.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Skinny Dude Training For Proportion- Progression Pics-cacti13.jpg   Skinny Dude Training For Proportion- Progression Pics-cacti14.jpg   Skinny Dude Training For Proportion- Progression Pics-cacti15.jpg   Skinny Dude Training For Proportion- Progression Pics-cacti16.jpg   Skinny Dude Training For Proportion- Progression Pics-cacti17.jpg  

ward065 is offline Member
    i can definetely see good progress...huge improvement from the first set just keep eating and you will grow nicely

chest6 is offline Banned
    wasnt looking good at first. Seems like you have got some good determination. Keep working..you will get there.

Yea, I'm very sure it will take me alot of time- more than most people, to get where I want. But I don't mind going to the gym 3-4 times a week so there is nothing to stop the process either, however long it takes! But I would much rather the gains come slowly with little to no fat, so it's all good right now. 3 years ago I never thought I could get as big as I am now- I wish I had some good pics from back then, you would be frightened.

It seems my new split is benefitting me(I separated leg and back day) and now my shoulders and arms seem to be catching up a bit. I would like to see my chest take a similar jump- any recommendations/ changes to help that out a bit?

I'm training chest/tris once a week with incline press/barbells(alternate weekly), decline press/barbells(alternate weekly), dips or cable pulls.

Lavinco is offline Anabolic Member
    Your dedication is awesome! Don't quit! I was always real skinny growing up. only weighed 115 at 5'8" at 14 years old. worked out on and off since then. I'm 27 now at 174lbs. I got really frustrated a couple years ago and quit working out almost all together, then started agin 1 month ago seriously.

Just take good advice when given and stay motivated and you will reach your goals.

Just take good advice when given
    Yea I have gotten some really good advice between this thread and reading a lot of others who are in a similar situation as myself. I can't say enough about how great this site is for aiming people in the right direction. I would probably still be messing around with crappy dumbbells at home(and going nowhere fast) if this site hadn't made me realize I need to get my ass into a gym. I guess I just didn't realize that a super skinny, non-athletic person like myself could do all of the 'hardcore' stuff in the gym and I had to get over any possible embarassment in doing so. I just had to start small.. ..and still way behind some other guys in the gym, but I'm slowly catching up!

Anyone got some advice now for my chest or should I stick to the 'basics' that I'm currently doing? It still feels like it's growing, just maybe not as fast as the rest.

Hello all, just popping in to say I've hit 170lbs and very psyched so I will try to take some more pics soon. Most of the visible gains recently have been in the legs, shoulders and back. My current, and what I thought would be be final, goal is 175, but I can tell already I'm giong to have to bump it up again. My frame must just be awful because I've seen many other guys at my height and weight who look 10x better! Right now I'm very happy with my back, but my chest and arms (and shoulders to some degree) need to come a lot further before I will be satisfied.

I'll update with some pics soon, maybe some of you will have some advice for me to fill in some lacking areas!

I'm guessing I will have to hit somewhere in the 180s before my shoulders/chest will be where I want them to be. I'm happy with where I'm at but I honestly thought I would look bigger at 170. Oh well, all I've got is time and I will find out when I get there. Here's some current pics, and like I said still looking skinny, but I definitely see alot of progress. I don't know how well that comes across in these pics, but here they are regardless:

Am I ready for steroids ??
    (**JUST KIDDING**)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Skinny Dude Training For Proportion- Progression Pics-cacti18.jpg   Skinny Dude Training For Proportion- Progression Pics-cacti19.jpg   Skinny Dude Training For Proportion- Progression Pics-cacti20.jpg   Skinny Dude Training For Proportion- Progression Pics-cacti21.jpg   Skinny Dude Training For Proportion- Progression Pics-cacti22.jpg  

Can't leave the legs out
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Skinny Dude Training For Proportion- Progression Pics-cacti23.jpg  

NYGIANTS21 is offline Senior Member
    Great improvement. I can tell you have gained some weight and it looks good. keep it up. You are doing your research and it is working for you. congrats bro

Reprisal 6 is offline Associate Member
    Good job bro.
    Looking at your pictures is like looking back in time for me. I had the same build as you, am the same height, and started at 145 pounds. The bottom line for me was consistency to heavy weights, lots of rest, and most importantly, the refridgerator. stay on top of eating. EAT EAT EAT....
    You will get to wherever your goals are.
    Stay motivated!!!!

Thanks guys, I appreciate the comments.

Resprisal, that is cool to hear considering you are at 210lbs right now(if your profile is correct). I don't think I want to get that big, but every story I hear of a guy like me growing much larger helps me believe I can get what I want. It's just hard for me to tell right now where that magic number is going to be for me, but I'm guessing it will be somewhere in the 180s. Which makes me laugh now, because when I started all this early summer members here told me I wouldn't be happy until I was in the 180s and I didn't believe them, thinking I would be filled out more around 165-170. Well, whoever you were, you were right!

BigMatt is offline Junior Member
    Remember To EAT Bro its the most important Factor.
    When i look at your pics kinda remind me before i start lifting...
    I was 145 at 5.11
    3 Years later 213 Still at 5.11.
    Consistency is the key and remember dont let anybody interfer with your goals cause its going to happen sometime...

ShnouzedUp is offline Banned
    Man i gotta give you props just for posting those pics... your lookin tons better cuz'

Brent_G is offline Associate Member
    Get doing those squats and deadlifts. That was my biggest gainer there. Once i started going heavy on the squats and deadlifts my whole body got larger. YOu build your core muscles your smaller ones will follow naturally.

So basically you can squat for bigger arms.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information