Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    karrtoon is offline New Member

Help me Reach this Goal!

Here is a picture of me on the right, my goal on the left. Is this an unrealistic goal based on my body type? Do you guys have any recommendations on what body parts I should work on to look like that?

I've lost about 50 lbs in the last 2 years working out, but my body doesn't change much anymore. Can you guys also recommend any other changes I can make to break past this plateau and get closer to my goal.

Currently I weight 184, 15% body fat. 6' 1/2'' Tall

kloter1 is offline Southern Steel Bodybuilding
    You need a good workout plan and a sound diet. check out the diet/supplement forums. that goal is very attainable.

alphaman is offline Member
    Go check out the diet forum, and read the stickies. That's #1. Add 10-20 lbs lean mass, then get your bf to around 8-10% and you should be close. Focus on abs.

It looks like I definitely need to work on my abs, traps and shoulders based on the pics, what do you think?

I've been focusing my goals on fat loss for a while, but I should gain 10-20lbs you say? That means I'm gonna have to eat like a horse right? i'll go check the stickies..
    Last edited by karrtoon; 05-21-2005 at 02:55 PM.

Um..... yeah. Also-chest, bis, tris, forearms, and abs. I haven't seen your legs, but I doubt you have to work too hard to attain what's in the pic.

It would be to your benefit to work everything though. Squats, deadlifts, bench press, chins, heavy rows, and miltitary presses should be the core of your strength training. Extra emphasis on the 1st two.

extra emphasis on leg excercises? is that for fat burning?

Quote Originally Posted by karrtoon
    extra emphasis on leg excercises? is that for fat burning?
    Well, it does that too, but I said that mostly because it will make you grow everywhere. Releases natural test, and makes you stronger over all- makes your body adapt. And not just leg exercises- Squats and deadlifts.

BeerBaron is offline Senior Member
    I would work legs more than the guy on the left, his legs look scrawny as hell. The only hard part is gonna be the fat loss, but the size shouldn't take too long to attain; he isn't big at all.

ReX357 is offline "Toughest & Best Looking Guy Around Here"
    Yes this goal is attainable. And naturally! And it shouldn't take you that long if you follow a strict diet plan.

The most important factor for you right now is your diet. You have to check the Diet Forum and read the "Gaining lean mass kind of diet" thread at the top. Build yourself a diet around these specifications. Post what you built and people will correct it for you if there's errors in your plan.

Next there's no "just work that body part". You need to work your whole body. LEGS are really important. Followed by your back. Then your pecs. You have to understand something: The more muscle mass you have on you, the more fat you shed.

All the information you need is located throughout the forums. Use the search function at the top of the page to get the information you need.

One last thing, as SwoleCat (One of our most respected moderators around here) likes to say:

"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same."

You already made a huge step posting your pictures here, what you're looking for is just around the corner.

Good luck brother!

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Here is a picture of me on the right, my goal on the left. Is this an unrealistic goal based on my body type? Do you guys have any recommendations on what body parts I should work on to look like that?

I've lost about 50 lbs in the last 2 years working out, but my body doesn't change much anymore. Can you guys also recommend any other changes I can make to break past this plateau and get closer to my goal.

The guy on the left may have been working on his body for the last 5 to 8 years... do you think you can do that in 6 months or 1 year? You can make significant advances but to be model material, it may take you 5 to 8 years as well. Just understand this going in. Loosing weight alone does not produce abs... you also have to "develop" those ab muscles and they happen to be the slowest muscle group in body to develop shape and definition.

Alex2 is offline Senior Member
    Your goal is totally realistic but you have to be patient and dedicated. It will take about two years of constant and hard work assuming you have good genetics and you are not a hard gainer. You need to work on your chest and abs mainly and then your back, traps and arms. Juice will not help you at this stage at all so I'd go to the diet forum and plan for a good diet and exercise. I follow the exercises in this link and found it very useful so you can check it and plan based on your goals.

http://www.muscletech.com/TRAINING/M...building.shtml

Best of luck.

Train hard you will get there.

Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    as long as you train hard theres no reason you cant attain a physique like his. But it wont happen overnight.

surfnsailor is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntpadude
    The guy on the left may have been working on his body for the last 5 to 8 years... do you think you can do that in 6 months or 1 year? You can make significant advances but to be model material, it may take you 5 to 8 years as well. Just understand this going in. Loosing weight alone does not produce abs... you also have to "develop" those ab muscles and they happen to be the slowest muscle group in body to develop shape and definition.
    5 to 8 years :aaok****t maybe 5 to 8 years of swiming, not weight training

surfnsailor is offline Junior Member
    :aaok****t

PrimoPup is offline Associate Member
    I would concentrate on allot of Incline Benching along with Shoulder work and ab work for starters, put your mind and heart into it and you will achieve your goals, remember nothing happens over night, do not get discouraged. Go for it.!

Alex2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by surfnsailor
    If he is very hard gainer, then it may take long time. But in general, that transformation can be achieved in 2 years. It is not really a big deal cuz he is not trying to get very big; he wants to get the average muscular built and to be ripped.

MASTER is offline "I Own You"
    It wont b hard for u to get like that bro. Eat loads of rice chex and chicken chow mein, and the creme de la creme, kfc chicken strips, they are loaded to the brim with protein. Follow this diet and train hard a couple of times a week and ull reach ur goal within a matter of weeks!!!

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    for u i suggest BS pref Liquid since its full of protein also add something called potassium cyanide its really good for gains esp when mixed with liquid BS

hey bro dont tell ne1 bout this tho ok??? we want it to be our secret

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by surfnsailor
    You are right... usually people have higher goals then this guy... but still 2 to 3 years is not unreasonable... nobody can usually reach their goals in less then 3 years, we all want a bit more then that for ourselves.

Just don't eat much and do loads of cardio and a bit of weight training.

If these gays do juice, I reckon they live off winnie and clen .

Brad Pitt for example is WINSTROL MAN.

GMuscle is offline Associate Member

Just a sound suggestion

Go to Wal-mart or somewhere that has the book and do the Body-For-Life program. Word for word meal for meal for at least 12 weeks. Post your progress here every week with pics and stick with the program completely no cheating. If you go to the body for life website they there is a toll free phone number you can call and talk directly to trainer if you have diet questions or training questions. The program is great for beginners. You will get bigger and ripped just like you want "drug free". Stay the hell away from juice you are nowhere near needing it. This is just a suggestion and I think if you did it the post with progress pictures would be cool to watch. Take bare bro.

slob is offline Member
    The guy on the left may have been working on his body for the last 5 to 8 years... do you think you can do that in 6 months or 1 year?
    thats pretty bad for 5-8 years..

colossus1 is offline Member
    Wanna look like the guy on the left? Starve yourself...........lol.

yooo is offline Associate Member
    That guy has the skinniest legs ever

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran

LOL ok pal

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    This is like over a month old.

I'm sure he's already got a plan of attack.

~SC~

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Toenail Juice Z
    Just don't eat much and do loads of cardio and a bit of weight training.

If these gays do juice, I reckon they live off winnie and clen .

Brad Pitt for example is WINSTROL MAN.
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesC
    It wont b hard for u to get like that bro. Eat loads of rice chex and chicken chow mein, and the creme de la creme, kfc chicken strips, they are loaded to the brim with protein. Follow this diet and train hard a couple of times a week and ull reach ur goal within a matter of weeks!!!
    Last time i checked...ass-clown-ism was a ban-able offense
    Last edited by *Narkissos*; 06-26-2005 at 02:22 PM.

MASTER is offline "I Own You"
    lol sorry, i just remembered that starter777 thread, and cudnt resist.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    How in the blue h*ll can one be a runway model w/a clean shaven chest/abs, and then have these hairy ass chewbaca/outback steakhouse/grizzly bear/tree huggin'/fur-ridden/toothpick ass/never worked legs ONE DAY in his life, LEGS????

Talk about looking f*cking stupid. If I was at that show, I'd get on the runway and drop kick his ass into Tommy Hilfiger's lap.

~SC~

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    How in the blue h*ll can one be a runway model w/a clean shaven chest/abs, and then have these hairy ass chewbaca/outback steakhouse/grizzly bear/tree huggin'/fur-ridden/toothpick ass/never worked legs ONE DAY in his life, LEGS????

Talk about looking f*cking stupid. If I was at that show, I'd get on the runway and drop kick his ass into Tommy Hilfiger's lap.

~SC~

I thought I was the only one who noticed that lol..... looks stupid. Atleast trim that shit down if you are going with the shaved upper body look.

palumbo is offline Member
    swole thats some funny shat

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Its so funny whenever someone says "I eat all the time and have a good workout but I can't get any bigger!"

"Oh really? Do you do squats? Deadlift?"

"no dude those are way too hard"

donmega is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerBaron
    I would work legs more than the guy on the left, his legs look scrawny as hell. The only hard part is gonna be the fat loss, but the size shouldn't take too long to attain; he isn't big at all.
    If he starts working out like crazy ( Id go 4 days out of 7 in week or 5) then he should shed the fat right off while building he muscle.

Look like most of his problem right now is in and around his waist.

Id add a situps in every single workout day. And not just puss on the floor ones, if your cheap you can get a padded board thats set on and angle real cheap and it will feel like 50 situps after only 25 and the results will come in alot sooner as well.

I use one of those while holding up to 50lbs of weight on my chest for some real burn, and I only weight 145, if I can do it so can you

I would go nuts on working out before I would worry about packing on any more lbs, you will obviously need to gain to reach your goal but I would worry about getting cut up @ your current size first. Then you will be alot more into it and happy while your working up to your goal. Instead of becomming a big fat ass then trying to shed off all that fat and keep the muscle while building more.

donmega is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LeanMeOut
    I thought I was the only one who noticed that lol..... looks stupid. Atleast trim that shit down if you are going with the shaved upper body look.

Dude didnt you know that the hair adds an extra inch to his leg size and makes him look more bulked up in the legs

haha jk thats funny shit though

Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    Last time i checked...ass-clown-ism was a ban-able offense
    Sorry if the gay part offended you.

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat

~SC~
    It must be part of the criteria.

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist

hay bro just post your workout in the workout forum and we will sort you out.

cacti is offline Junior Member
    I don't have any great advice for you karrtoon, but for everyone going psycho on the dude he wants to look like... he's a runway model. Not a fitness model. Not a body builder. I realize he's a little unproportional(in the leg area obviously), but there's absolutely nothing wrong with the way he looks. Most chicks would kill for a guy like that- not to mention that this is the current look many agencies are going for, so I think he's doing quite alright-

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information