_Tiger_ is offline Member

Arrow Critiques/advice Wanted.

1st pic-a few months ago, not lifting, running on occasion
    2nd pic- just starting to run/eat better, no lifting
    3rd pic- starting to eat big/lift a little over a month ago
    4th pic- mass diet, bulking up, today
    *Note= This progression is the result of hard work and diet, its all natural, no cycles**

Last edited by SeanStew; 08-03-2005 at 06:00 PM.

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanStew
    Ok so I'm fairly active, I've lifted on and off for years. but I hadnt been dedicated and in the gym and eating like a champ for a long time.. till a little bit after this pic. Mostly just played ball and ran...Anyway I'm now back in the gym and eating is becoming a dedication again like it should be. I'll post up more pics soon. But let me know what you think so far.

In all my teen/adult life I've always basically looked like that..and for the life of me I CANT Get that damn PUDGE at the bottom of my stomache gone...at the moment I'm in the gym about twice a day (cardio first thing in the morning) then lifting later on..I'm eating great. so why the F&CK is that still there? soo frustrating.
    The reason that podge is there is because your B/F is low any way, you don’t look like you need to loose weight, you need to gain muscular weight. when your b/f is low your body will basically want to keep hold of any fat left in case of famine or drought. your body doesn’t now that there is a KFC on every corner, that is why you will find this hard to loose…I would recommend putting the emphasis more on bulking add muscle to your frame look in the diet and workout fourums…good luck, and train hard bro,,
    Last edited by S.P.G; 07-09-2005 at 07:56 AM.

Thats really interesting..never thought of it like that.
    soo should I up my calorie intake.. is it the lack of calories that is keeping that there.
    and/or up my protein? ( my protien intake has been pretty damn good lately..probably almost 1g per lb.)

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I agree w/SPG.

In addition, that "pudge" you speak of is water/salt retention, not much fat there at all.

~SC~

Rippa is offline New Member
    If i were you i would be eating everything in sight. Your build looks more like a cross-country runner than a weightlifter. I would get on a bulking diet and mass building regiment to add some size, but if you dont want your arms chest or legs any bigger then keep doing what your doing.

BodyMechanic is offline Senior Member
    Man you look just like Danny Masterson from 70's show in that pic.

Strengthmachine is offline New Member
    I got a question............I am currently running 800mg Test Cyp and 500mg of Deca weekly......all human grade......I have a 50 ml bottle of liquidex in the cupboard...would I experience any benefits from using it with cycle? I am currently NOT using ANY anti-e's. I am currently starting week 6 and have experienced NO gyno whatsoever and still remain very vascular and dry.....would the liquidex make it even better??? NEED SOME GOOD INFO HERE!!!!

thanks

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Strengthmachine
    I got a question............I am currently running 800mg Test Cyp and 500mg of Deca weekly......all human grade......I have a 50 ml bottle of liquidex in the cupboard...would I experience any benefits from using it with cycle? I am currently NOT using ANY anti-e's. I am currently starting week 6 and have experienced NO gyno whatsoever and still remain very vascular and dry.....would the liquidex make it even better??? NEED SOME GOOD INFO HERE!!!!

thanks
    This is what you call a thread hyjack. Instead of changing someone else's subject, you should have written an all new message.

Incidentally since you are 800 mg cyp, you should have some type of anti-e running so do some liquidex, do very little because it can mess up your lipids and also reduce growth.

justin2305 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BodyMechanic
    Man you look just like Danny Masterson from 70's show in that pic.
    u beat me to it, lookin lean bro up the cal intake and maybe try 1.3-1.5g per lb, eat eat and eat some more... what does ur workout look like (high reps low weight, low reps high weight?etc..)

yep ...I have some curly ass hair if i dont push it straight haha EVERYONE tells me i look like Hyde with those damn glasses on..

Anyway..No my workout is 6-10 reps per set.. and i almost reach failure (definitely need to start doing it till failure)..

I'm worried about upping my calorie intake...I bought some calorie weight gain powder and I'm gonna start takin it, I'm pissed though I dont wanna get all chunky and crap...thats what i dont understand, you eat a bunch of calories (empty, lower fat ones) and you gain pretty lean muscle? being that its summer i just dont wanna get too fat.......but give me opinions i do want to gain.

I work out like this..
    day1 Chest/Biceps
    day2 abs
    day3 thighs
    day4 abs
    day5 shoulders/tris
    day6 abs
    day7 back/calves

is there anything i can do to get some sizeable gains and remain/get pretty ripped up?? thanks guys

Rippa is offline New Member
    First off you are going to have to sacrifice gaining some BF. Also I think you should work a particular muscle group more than one a week, three days of rest is plenty enough recovery time for your muscles unless your working out with a very advanced bodybuilder who is just adding little touches to his muscles. You need to build a solid base before you try to sculpt yourself into a greek god. The summer time may not be the ideal time to do this. Not to be an A-hole but no matter how cut your arms are if they are only 13 inches they will not look to impressive. Just so you know I have an extremely hard time gaining weight and even harder time gaining muscle so I am kind of in the same boat as you. I am all natural so I cant give you any info on any other options if you were interested.

BigRandy is offline Associate Member
    yeah you need to eat bro!!!! and stick to the basics like squat, dl, bench

cacti is offline Junior Member
    I think you already look really good, if you aren't interested in looking impressively large, which you don't seem to be.

I shouldn't be giving advice as I haven't been doing this long enough, but one thing I've always been told, being a skinny dude myself, is that I should work out like 3 days a week so there is a day's rest in between to recover(=build muscle). This would mean you'd have to workout more than one bodypart per day of course. I've started this type of routine plus really high protien intake a bit over a month ago and I've been gaining 1-2 lbs per week with no noticeable fat gain(mine tries to pudge in my lower stomach too!).

I hope this helps, and good luck to you!

BeerBaron is offline Senior Member
    yep ...I have some curly ass hair if i dont push it straight haha EVERYONE tells me i look like Hyde with those damn glasses on..

Anyway..No my workout is 6-10 reps per set.. and i almost reach failure (definitely need to start doing it till failure)..

I'm worried about upping my calorie intake...I bought some calorie weight gain powder and I'm gonna start takin it, I'm pissed though I dont wanna get all chunky and crap...thats what i dont understand, you eat a bunch of calories (empty, lower fat ones) and you gain pretty lean muscle? being that its summer i just dont wanna get too fat.......but give me opinions i do want to gain.

I work out like this..
    day1 Chest/Biceps
    day2 abs
    day3 thighs
    day4 abs
    day5 shoulders/tris
    day6 abs
    day7 back/calves

is there anything i can do to get some sizeable gains and remain/get pretty ripped up?? thanks guys
    I don't like that routine. I would consolidate that into a 4 day split leaving days 1,3,5,7 only, and have abs on all 4 of those days. Take day 5, maybe 6 off and then repeat. Also I would work forearms on your "thighs" day as they are a muscle group too, and don't forget hamstrings when working upper legs. Other than that, follow the bulking sticky, you're gonna gain a little fat, but if you started eating quality food, you can definitly pack on a lot of muscle in a few months. Just worry about cutting after you are where you wanna be size wise.

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    I disagree Rippa...on both your replies.

1stly...everyone's entitled to their own choice physique-wise..and the poster didn't say he wanted to mass out...just add some lean mass.

Quote Originally Posted by Rippa
    If i were you i would be eating everything in sight. Your build looks more like a cross-country runner than a weightlifter.
    2ndly... one doesn't have to sacrifice and gain BF to put on mass. The poster seems to be interested in a slow..lean bulk.

[quote-Rippa]First off you are going to have to sacrifice gaining some BF.[/quote]

My advice to the poster would be:

1. Visit the diet forum and get your diet sorted out. Once he establishes his maintenance amounts: macros; calories he can start a lean bulk. It only takes an addition of 500 calories over maintenance calories (daily...) to add LBM (lean body mass).

2. Cut down his workout to a 4-day split..working each bodypart once per week. Working abs no more than twice per week. Incorporating 2-3 cardio sessions per week to keep bodyfat low

hey thanks a lot for your imput guys..I guess some of this gives me more questions.

1st. I do want to gain. I wouldnt mind gaining 10-15 lbs of lean mass. I want my chest and shoulders etc. to fill out more.
    2nd. What foods carry an abundance of "Healthy" calories?
    3rd. A 4-day Split..does that mean in a 4 day cycle I should have every body part trained? if you could explain a little further on that I would appreciate it.
    4th. 2-3 Cardio sessions per week? Can I do those on my off days? (I'm addicted to the gym, i hate being gone even a day) but let me know what I can do to optimize some lean mass without getting too bulky.
    5th. I absolutely love working out abs (laughs) do i really only need it only twice a week?

Bump

so heres a new pic.. doing better thanks to some of your advice..thanks guys

bump!!!! lol no one even looks..geeze

HeavyHitter is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by justin2305
    u beat me to it, lookin lean bro up the cal intake and maybe try 1.3-1.5g per lb, eat eat and eat some more... what does ur workout look like (high reps low weight, low reps high weight?etc..)
    no... not him... the guy from survivor that lied about his grandmother dying!!! yup, thats who you look like!!

HeavyHitter is offline Anabolic Member
    need to build your base more then shredd... or whatever your goal is... but base first!! (means gym, protein, air are all same thing to you!!)

MASTER is offline "I Own You"
    hey thanks a lot for your imput guys..I guess some of this gives me more questions.

1st. I do want to gain. I wouldnt mind gaining 10-15 lbs of lean mass. I want my chest and shoulders etc. to fill out more.
    2nd. What foods carry an abundance of "Healthy" calories?
    3rd. A 4-day Split..does that mean in a 4 day cycle I should have every body part trained? if you could explain a little further on that I would appreciate it.
    4th. 2-3 Cardio sessions per week? Can I do those on my off days? (I'm addicted to the gym, i hate being gone even a day) but let me know what I can do to optimize some lean mass without getting too bulky.
    5th. I absolutely love working out abs (laughs) do i really only need it only twice a week?
    You can gain lbm whilst losin fat, by cleaning up your diet as much as possible, for example cut out fatty meats (fast food), pastries, sweets etc. Instead replace these with good quality carbs such as brown pasta and brown rice, lean meat of which chicken tends to be the leanest and add some healthy fats, good sources being flax seed oil, fish oil and oily fish such as salmon.
    A four day split means you train for days a week and you train all muscle groups in the week. My favorite split is chest + tris, back + bis, shoulders + traps and legs.
    Doing cardio first thing in the morning on off days tends to be the common method, because then you dont affect your weight training.
    Yes abs twice a week is plenty, I personally only train them once a week if at all, you have to remember they get secondary stimulation from many other exercises.

bump...i posted new pics of my progression, check it out up top

Dally is offline The Dally Lama
    hmmmm WEIRD!!

you like someone that I recently kicked the livin shit outta....

other than that, eat like a fukin lunatic and if your feelin a lil heavy hit the cardio man.

whatever you do, dont do a cycle, you still have to build a base and tap that out first and then at that point you may be happy enough with the base you built naturally and have a clean bill of health to boot.

also remember, the training splits listed in these forums are meant for advanced lifters...ive lifted weights for over 13 years....

you'll very easily find yourself in a state of overtraining at your level.

see, look at it this way. If I had say 10 strings of muscle fiber and hit the shit outta it for 10 sets, what would that 10 sets do to your 2 strings? it would kick the livin piss outta it and you'd easily overtrain.

I was very thin when I started too

I would do a maximum ALWAYS to failure set range of 6 tops, 2 of say 3 movements....heavy as I could go with relatively good form on 4 sets afte rhe two warm ups

and train that ONE bodypart once a week...or at most every 5 days. You'll grow ALOT faster that way.

stimulate dont annialate!

once you start building some muscle you can take on more intensity and more sets and grow all that much faster ...but understand that its all relative. Someone 230 pounds should not do a 280 pounders workout.

just a little help I wish I had when first startin

My routine is 1 day on, one day off, and i hit each body part once a week, I've lifted for a long ass time, but earlier I was into drugs and wasnt eating at all really, so thats where i started at this time. I just wanted to show my progression. i think thats damn good for like 2 and a half months......maybe its just me

My routine is 1 day on, one day off, and i hit each body part once a week, I've lifted for a long ass time, but earlier I was into drugs and wasnt eating at all really, so thats where i started at this time. I just wanted to show my progression. i think thats damn good for like 2 and a half months......maybe its just me

why exactly is your routine 1 day on 1 day off?

see the thing is ...is that its a good thing to run splits that follow on consequetive days to maximize the GH realeased from other workouts. So if you were to do back and then legs the leg gh will help big up the back. Overall its better to workout for a few days then totally rest imo.

I do fukin drugs and booze it up EVERY weekend. Thats what holds me at my limits right now, if I didnt, well, lets just say i'd be a whole lot happier with my body....and my body with me no doubt.

lay out your meal plan and your workout routine again and lets have a look at it.

then we can take that to the next level to really help ya. Personally I dont think your eatin enough..... or your calorie expenditure is more than what your eating to grow.

I put on close to 40 pounds in 3 months when I first started pumpin iron.....but then it crept up after that to now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dally
    why exactly is your routine 1 day on 1 day off?

see the thing is ...is that its a good thing to run splits that follow on consequetive days to maximize the GH realeased from other workouts. So if you were to do back and then legs the leg gh will help big up the back. Overall its better to workout for a few days then totally rest imo.

I do fukin drugs and booze it up EVERY weekend. Thats what holds me at my limits right now, if I didnt, well, lets just say i'd be a whole lot happier with my body....and my body with me no doubt.

lay out your meal plan and your workout routine again and lets have a look at it.

then we can take that to the next level to really help ya. Personally I dont think your eatin enough..... or your calorie expenditure is more than what your eating to grow.

I put on close to 40 pounds in 3 months when I first started pumpin iron.....but then it crept up after that to now.
    I'm never very strict as far as my split in training. Generally its

back/bi's
    legs
    shoulders/chest
    tris/calves/forearms/neck

You're proably right though, I'm not a way massive eater. I have problems finding things with high calorie/low fats to meet my caloric needs

Breakfast:Peanut Butter sandwich on whole grain/wheat bread
    glass of milk

snack: protein shake

meal 2: can of tuna/bread or can of tuna/w/mayo (pro/carb or pro/fat)

snack: peanut butter sandwich on whole grain/wheat bread

meal 3: protein shake / steak

snack: granola bar/protein bar

meal 4: Rice/chicken bowl

snack: peanut butter sandwich/or tuna sandwich

meal 5: chicken breast strips

this is basically the type of stuff i'm eating

let me know what you think on the diet

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    I'm never very strict as far as my split in training. Generally its

back/bi's
    legs
    shoulders/chest
    tris/calves/forearms/neck

You're proably right though, I'm not a way massive eater. I have problems finding things with high calorie/low fats to meet my caloric needs

Breakfast:Peanut Butter sandwich on whole grain/wheat bread
    glass of milk

snack: protein shake

meal 2: can of tuna/bread or can of tuna/w/mayo (pro/carb or pro/fat)

snack: peanut butter sandwich on whole grain/wheat bread

meal 3: protein shake / steak

snack: granola bar/protein bar

meal 4: Rice/chicken bowl

snack: peanut butter sandwich/or tuna sandwich

meal 5: chicken breast strips

this is basically the type of stuff i'm eating
    bro,, that diet needs a lot of work post it in the diet forum..

yah, thats pretty much the worst diet I have ever seen.

post that shit in the diet forum and mention the fact that your working out every OTHER day along with your wieght and your goals.

fuk thats bad.....

your gonna turn into a PEANUT BUTTER SANDWICH! !!!

see the problem is that you have to eat certain foods at certain times because of certain reasons...

like a pwo drink with dextrose and protein within 15minutes of working out to spike insulin to shuttle all the the dextrose and protein into the muscle right away for repair....

having sugar free oats and egg whites for a long sustained release of energy without spiking insulin in the morning ....or if your doing morning cardio then that at least 30 minutes after...

diet has alot of key ingredients that should fall in at certain times to maximize their results and yours.

later stink dink!

Thread Information