j_dawg34 is offline Junior Member

21 never cycled only natural for 2 years

Been orking out hardcoe for two years i did some light lifting in high school for sports but nothing extreme.Like i said I have never tried AAS but I am getting frustrated I would like to Know what else I may be able to do gain about 20 more pounds without using, my goal is 185 solid and cut please give some tips.
    Also My diet is crazy right now I eat everything i see about 6 meals a day probably about 150 grams of protein a day, about 3000 cals.
    Also these pics are about a month old i have actually put on about 10 lbs since then
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 21 never cycled only natural for 2 years-new2.jpg   21 never cycled only natural for 2 years-new3.jpg  

ward065 is offline Member
    imho you need to bump up your calories to about 4,000. you really need to eat a lot. eat good , healthy food and save the sweets for last. if you have trouble eating enough, try supplementing your diet with more protein shakes. for example drink a shake before you go to bed.

thanks I do the protein shake before bed thing now andi am consatntly eating peanut butter, grilled chicken, and not alot of sweets

radar1234 is offline Member
    keep up the hard work and try and get at least 30 grams of protien every 2-3 hours. try decreasing your reps and increase your weight. dont overtrain.eat right and train consistantly. building muscle is a fulltime job. it took me YEARS to start seeing major changes. be patient it will come.stay natural if u can.

carmine09 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by j_dawg34
    thanks I do the protein shake before bed thing now andi am consatntly eating peanut butter, grilled chicken, and not alot of sweets
    you need to just eat eat eat!!! dont be afraid... you are lean as hell.. also what does training look like?

SpiderRico is offline Member
    what size are you right now? from the picks 185 looks like a long way to go and i agee bump up the caloric intake

Monday- Chest/Tri's about an hour, small abs W.O.
    Wednesday - Back/Bi's 1 hour, small abs W.O.
    Friday - Legs/Shoulders/Abs
    Saturday - Combo of all with a rotating focus ( example- one week focus is on chest/tris, next is back/bis, etc
    Run 2 miles everyday( i have to stay in shape)

Working pretty well I have went up a lot on strength, bench has went from 165 to 210 as max but i w.o. with about 175

Just to also let you know I am Taking CE2 by MRI, All the whey protein(at least two servings a day, more on w.o. days) about to start taking Superpump250 on w.o. days

pics a little over a month old I am at 165 right now

carmine09 is offline Associate Member
    make sure to change up your routine at times.. and you should focus on every part as you want to grow in proportion..

ex.day 1 chest.. abs

day 2 arms (shoulders if you are cut for time during the week)

day 3 back

day 4 legs

or whatever you like... your body gets used to a routine and can plateu....

just a suggestion... good luck!!

Jnrmrplymouth is offline Associate Member
    You say uve gained 10lbs in a month!? And you wanted to gain another 20.......u must be doing sumthing right if uve gained 10lbs in a month. My advice would be to bump your protein intake up to 200gms ish of protein a day and have around 30g of protein per meal divided into 7 meals a day. This made a world of difference to my gains and strength. If someone hits a sticking point in my opinion just increase quality calories. When I first trained I probably ate 2500 cals a day when I was 125lbs (4 years ago) and now I eat 4000 cals a day and im 210lbs.

Over the years ive slowly increased my calories and I beleive this is how ive continued to make good gains as a natural.

thankx its roughly 10 pounds but alot is contributed to water weight and fat, but it still feels good to step on the scale and see 165 as compared to 150 or 155, the only thing is if i eat that many calories i feel like i am force feeding myself, is there anything i can do to make that part of it go away, i heard more cardio but i dont want to lose too much weight.

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    Keep on pluggin'....Stay consistant and rewards will follow.

~Pinnacle~

Big Vick is offline Associate Member
    Heres what worked for me... to put on weight foods like tuna, oats and chicken breasts were ineffective.

Substitute those foods for massive bowls of chili, huge steaks, fajitas anything that you can pile ground meat and steak into will put on mass. Even homeade hamburgers on whole grain bun with lean ground beef is great. Eat more calorie dense foods and you will grow, save the tuna and chicken breasts for your cutting diet.

Jnrmrplymouth is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Vick
    Heres what worked for me... to put on weight foods like tuna, oats and chicken breasts were ineffective.

Substitute those foods for massive bowls of chili, huge steaks, fajitas anything that you can pile ground meat and steak into will put on mass. Even homeade hamburgers on whole grain bun with lean ground beef is great. Eat more calorie dense foods and you will grow, save the tuna and chicken breasts for your cutting diet.
    I have to disagree. Chicken and tuna and oats are excellent choices for the off season. All I can say is eat quality food and lots of it!!! For protein its chicken, eggs, tuna, whey and casein. For carbs its pasta, oats, rice and yams etc etc. You need these foods to put on quality weight. Its not the type of foods you eat its how much of them you consume. If you want to gain weight I reccomend at least 3000 calories a day. im sure you can squeeze 3 food meals a day in plus 3 shakes. For shakes use weight gainers. Stay off the juice aswell until you have gained 30-40lbs.

SinCityMan is offline Junior Member
    In order for you to grow you are going to have to feel like you are force feeding yourself. IMO 3000 calories is easy to eat in a day without blinking personally when i was 18 playing HS football i was eating 4500-5000 just to maintain weight so 3000 is cake.

I think you should keep working out hard and really focus on the food and the workouts. i would not rely on shakes to get you to your calorie goal especially if it is only 3000 you can do that by just eating.

ginkobulloba is offline Senior Member
    Here's a few things that have helped me go from 160 to 200lbs in a few years. Red meat and lots of it. Cut out the cardio! Two miles a day of running is what is holding you back from making serious gains. It took me a while to figure that out. I had to run every day in the military and then I still did cardio on my own. Once I realized that I wasn't giving my body a chance to pack on any mass and I stopped doing so much cardio, the gains came.

nitro_fusion is offline Associate Member
    you look like a healthy guy but for lifting for 2 years, I don't think you have been lifting regularly and really heavy.

first of all thanks for the advise, and the 2 years is a little off, i was in a car accident, didnt break any bones luckliy but did bruise about my hole damned body and still have back pain. So for about 6 months or so after that i didnt do shit run or weights, for about the last 4 months i have been really hitting it hard though. Man I need to start eating, but it so damn expensive, haha

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    Egg whites (cooked tho) and squats bro

sanjuro22 is offline New Member
    I agree, healthy, yes, but if you want to put on some serious weight I highly suggest that you increase your calories, 3000 is not anywhere near enough to achieve the kind of goals that most members on this site aspire to. Also make sure you are lifting properly. A lot of guys at the gym really annoy me, they are only there to impress the women (which they don't!) because they spend more time walking around, making grunting noises than doing actual hard work. I hope you are not one of those.

Thread Information