SinCityMan is offline Junior Member

No stranger to Gym but looking for more

Hello everyone,

I have been going to the gym since I was 16 years old. I have never done a cycle but after working out pretty consistently for the past 6 years i am interested in more. I like how lean I am (obviously i wouldnt mind being leaner) but I would like to get a little bigger. My diet is pretty good no fast food and always pretty clean. Any suggestions on my next move or areas that need work let me know. (i already know my calfs suck but i can blame that on genetics) If anyone has a good calf work out I will try it out. Any idea what the body fat is my previous gym tried to tell me i was 19% i laughed in their face but hey you never know.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails No stranger to Gym but looking for more-front2.jpg   No stranger to Gym but looking for more-legpic.jpg  

Does anyone have any suggestions??

_Tiger_ is offline Member
    I have the smallest girl legs, and I wish I could attribute them to genetics..but my dads calves wont even fit into regular pants.....so I guess i cant lol ....so you've been in the gym for about 6 years, are you hitting some major plateaus right now?

Yeah i lift about the same always (i try to do more but I never get too much more than previously). I have weighed the same for the past 3 years, however i have continued to lose BF. So in one hand i cant complain but in the other i would like to continue to grow.

_Tiger_ is offline Member
    interesting...well a few things I would do ..
    1) up your calorie intake by 500 calories a day
    2) switch it up in the gym to "Shock" your muscles into growth

and hey, if you've been a regular at the gym for 6 years and your hitting plateaus and those things above arent doing much for you, I say go ahead and cycle. Your not a "newb" lifter who doesnt know wtf he's doing, and you've pushed your body to some sort of natural limit, if AAS is something your interested in, then I would say go for it.

a beginner cycle would usually be a form of testosterone only 10 weeks

Testosterones have different "esters" attatched to them, meaning their life in your body is longer or shorter

Test Enanthate has a long life.
    Test Prop is a shorter life testosterone, but leaner gains, supposedly less side effects, Anyways this will be the majority of peoples responses "Do a Test only cycle"
    because it helps you to see how sensitive you are to side effects, and really, a beginner only needs one compound to grow, why use 3 or more when you'll make great gains off of test? thats the school of thought on that.. any other questions?

I am looking for something that is going to have little to no side effects, the returns should be more lean mass than water weight. I have been working out for some time so i dont need imediate gains. I dont want to be 240 in 4 months and then have to go on a huge cutting cycle to get back down to 220. I would rather continue to work hard and gain slower more quality muscle than to see "instant" results. Any suggestions to that matter?

witzy2323 is offline Associate Member
    SinCity...you look good man.
    Read, read, read before you take any AAS.
    Form your on questions and opinions and then come back and bounce it off some of the VETS.
    Not busting your balls to hard Tiger, but for some reason it concerns me you are the man handing out advice on AAS. To a guy that has been hitting the iron hard for 6 years.
    I personally went to quick to AAS and should have asked more questions.
    Just my thoughts.

BigRandy is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by witzy2323

Not busting your balls to hard Tiger, but for some reason it concerns me you are the man handing out advice on AAS. To a guy that has been hitting the iron hard for 6 years.
    ditto

So how about some real advice now???

BigRandy is offline Associate Member
    thighs look pretty good..whats your diet like specifically?

4 egg whites 2 whole eggs with salsa, and a little motzerela cheese 2 slices of wheat toast yogurt and some type of fruit in the morning
    lunches are kinda sketchy depends on how much time i have in the morning. if i make lunch it is either 2 chicken breasts or 2 pork chops over 1 cup of white rice. if i dont have time usually a sandwich from the deli with a bananna and another peice of fruit.
    Dinner is almost always either 2 chicken breasts, pork chops, mahi steaks or something with cup of white rice and a cup of green beans or some type of vegi.
    Now that i am writing down what i normally eat it looks a little small. Maybe i will try to up my intake a bit and see where that goes. I dont take any supplements or meal replacements, but maybe i should.

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    In that pic you BF is about 12% or less, whoever told you you were 19% is a fuking idiot

hurley11 is offline Junior Member
    On the scale at the gym by BF says 18-19% but my real bf is around 9% so don't worry about it. I have started doing high reps low weight on my calve raises and am seeing some results. You could also consider changing the angle/position of your legs ie. \/, ||, ^ etc... It will hit the different areas better (there are like 9 muscles in your lower leg!) Other than that keep up the good work! And IMO stay away from Steroids looking at your picture I don't think you've exhausted your natural potential yet.

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SinCityMan
    4 egg whites 2 whole eggs with salsa, and a little motzerela cheese 2 slices of wheat toast yogurt and some type of fruit in the morning
    lunches are kinda sketchy depends on how much time i have in the morning. if i make lunch it is either 2 chicken breasts or 2 pork chops over 1 cup of white rice. if i dont have time usually a sandwich from the deli with a bananna and another peice of fruit.
    Dinner is almost always either 2 chicken breasts, pork chops, mahi steaks or something with cup of white rice and a cup of green beans or some type of vegi.
    Now that i am writing down what i normally eat it looks a little small. Maybe i will try to up my intake a bit and see where that goes. I dont take any supplements or meal replacements, but maybe i should.
    Diet needs WORK!!!

Liquidred is offline Associate Member
    Thats a pretty good base i would think you would see some good results from a cycle. JMO

yeah i know the diet needs work thats kinda what i was saying towards the end. Its a great diet for keeping my fit and healthy, but i need to probably add at least another meal. I was thinking about getting my diet going a bit more then trying something. Any suggestions as to what would be good for little water retention low side effects, but still some decent size/strength gains. Like i said before i dont need to gain 40 lbs of water to boost my ego. I would like to be around 220-225 when all is said and done.

I am 6'3 and 207-210

jesse_james is offline Member
    Nice base to get huge there bro!

BigPimpin76 is offline Senior Member
    looking good bro...But I am also in the opinion for you to shock that diet by upping your cals

Just a little update,
    I upped my Calorie intake up by about 1800-2200 calories, and I dont seem to gain any weight (actually lost a little) My matabolism must hate me. I am going to stick with it for about another two months before I take the next step. I am also trying to change up my routines in the gym everyother time i work out a body part. I am flip floping from heavier weights pushed as hard as i can to lighter weights controlled as much as possible. (3-4 seconds in the neg 2 seconds in the positive, and when appropriate pause at full contraction) I will post some updated pics around the first week in september to show 1 month progress.

Any body have any comments about my routine, diet, or areas needing improvement??

sanjuro22 is offline New Member
    all good advice... follow it

Thread Information