Thread: Still Skinny

FROST is offline Associate Member

Still Skinny

Updated pics. I've hit a really bad plateau, so there really isent a big differnce between the last i posted. For the reccord i cannot pose for shit, if you did'nt notice. I'll pose and concintrate on one muscle group, and forget about the rest

Stats:
    Age - 18
    Height - 5'9
    Weight - 175
    Arms - 16''
    Calves - 15.8

I droped 8 pounds the first week of college. I went a whole week with out sleep, and thats no exaduration. If anyone has any good idea to help me get over my plateau i would greatly appreciate it. Last week i changed my routine up and i hope that does the trick.

Brian
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Still Skinny-chest-traps.jpg   Still Skinny-img_0817-better.jpg   Still Skinny-img_0828.jpg   Still Skinny-img_0821.jpg   Still Skinny-img_0824.jpg  

Other:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Still Skinny-img_0830.jpg  

-DedicateD- is offline Member
    you wanna get over your sticking point you gotta want it ....starting college is a rough time to stay serious with lifting...make sure to keep your diet in check...along with proper rest and intense training...dont get discouraged by your sticking points, use them as motivation to improve. try and lay off the alchohol a bit as well...it tends to lower your test and knock you on your ass the next day....believe me itll be worth it when you start bringin all the girls home

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    You say you lost 8 lbs.Looking at the third pic from the right at your ab region.Looks as though you could stand to loose a few more lbs.For your age,and judging by those pics,your BF isn't all that low.You might want to look closer at your diet.I bet if you leaned out some,you'd look a little bigger.And we all know college babes love Abs.So that's motivation in itself.
    Keep on pluggin'.In a few more years when your hormones switch focus,you'll see quite a different change in your physique.

~Pinnacle~

AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member
    my lil bro is in college. He says its a real pain to eat clean at first but if you put enough time into it you can figure it out. Those cafeterias are AWFUL. I snuck in there a few times and man do they have EVERYTHING bad. Fries, fatty pastries, fatty meats, cookies, muffins, cakes. Cakes? I mean, who the **** needs cake everyday?
    Anyway, you might splurge when you first get there on that bad shit, but after awhile my brother says its not even a temptaion cuz you see it everyday. One time i went to a buffet in las vegas with my bro, and i got alittle hog wild, and i said "how do you not eat everything in sight?These places break me!" and he's like "Dude. this is like every day at school." So dont feel bad if you **** up in the beginning.It gets easier. My bro also said if he has a temptation, he just stops, and looks around at the people eating there pancakes and there yellow eggs, and there pastries, and looks at how they look, and that unmotivates him to cheat. He says its a god awful thing seeing these pretty little petite things come in as freshmen and a few months later their asses are jiggly, their faces are moonshaped and bloated, and tummy shirts are overflowed with too much tummy. He just wants to go and shake one of them and and say "STOP!" lol!
    Most cafeterias have egg stations where you make your own or they will make it for you, tell them how many whites yolks etc.. Ask the bastard for like 10 eggs cuz those eggs are small. Also your dorm should have a small kitcthesn where you can cook eggs. Oh yeah...learn to like eggs.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle
    You say you lost 8 lbs.Looking at the third pic from the right at your ab region.Looks as though you could stand to loose a few more lbs.For your age,and judging by those pics,your BF isn't all that low.You might want to look closer at your diet.I bet if you leaned out some,you'd look a little bigger.And we all know college babes love Abs.So that's motivation in itself.
    Keep on pluggin'.In a few more years when your hormones switch focus,you'll see quite a different change in your physique.

~Pinnacle~
    I guess its just a bad pic, i just pushed all my skin togeather. I actually cannot even pinch an inch, and my abs do show slighyly. I'll get a better pic of them later with better lighting. "And we all know college babes love Abs.So that's motivation in itself." I guesss i'd have to be lonley for awile for that actually to take effect . Before college i was at my most a 183 at about 7-8%. School started and i went down to 170, now i'm back up to 175. Thanks for the advice man and i think now that its gettin colder i'm going to say good bye to the abs, and hello to massiveness (word?). Thanks again man, take it easy

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by AnabolicBoy1981
    my lil bro is in college. He says its a real pain to eat clean at first but if you put enough time into it you can figure it out. Those cafeterias are AWFUL. I snuck in there a few times and man do they have EVERYTHING bad. Fries, fatty pastries, fatty meats, cookies, muffins, cakes. Cakes? I mean, who the **** needs cake everyday?
    Anyway, you might splurge when you first get there on that bad shit, but after awhile my brother says its not even a temptaion cuz you see it everyday. One time i went to a buffet in las vegas with my bro, and i got alittle hog wild, and i said "how do you not eat everything in sight?These places break me!" and he's like "Dude. this is like every day at school." So dont feel bad if you **** up in the beginning.It gets easier. My bro also said if he has a temptation, he just stops, and looks around at the people eating there pancakes and there yellow eggs, and there pastries, and looks at how they look, and that unmotivates him to cheat. He says its a god awful thing seeing these pretty little petite things come in as freshmen and a few months later their asses are jiggly, their faces are moonshaped and bloated, and tummy shirts are overflowed with too much tummy. He just wants to go and shake one of them and and say "STOP!" lol!
    Most cafeterias have egg stations where you make your own or they will make it for you, tell them how many whites yolks etc.. Ask the bastard for like 10 eggs cuz those eggs are small. Also your dorm should have a small kitcthesn where you can cook eggs. Oh yeah...learn to like eggs.
    Thats a really good idea, i never thought of that. And to be blunt my diet went from strict, to complete unhealithy eat when you can, But the eggs are a really good idea, i'll have to ask them. thanks man.

Brian

SMYL_GR8 is offline Senior Member
    I can empathize. I used to drop 5-8 pounds at the beginning of every semester due to the negative change in lifestyle. I think you already know the answers:
    1.u know u need 8 hours of sleep, so if not at night, then the next day!
    2.u know u need clean calories every few hours and i don't know if you're in a dorm or apartment, but you've got to come up with a system whether it's tupperware, shakes, bars, something.
    3.the workouts may suffer, but they must be there. No 2 on/5 off splits like I used to do in college!

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by SMYL_GR8
    I can empathize. I used to drop 5-8 pounds at the beginning of every semester due to the negative change in lifestyle. I think you already know the answers:
    1.u know u need 8 hours of sleep, so if not at night, then the next day!
    2.u know u need clean calories every few hours and i don't know if you're in a dorm or apartment, but you've got to come up with a system whether it's tupperware, shakes, bars, something.
    3.the workouts may suffer, but they must be there. No 2 on/5 off splits like I used to do in college!

Good luck
    I have to go to the doctor for insomnea, do u think that its the reason i cant grow? I sleep an average of 3 hours a day, but the last thing i want is sleeping pills, i wont take them.

Brian
    Last edited by FROST; 09-18-2005 at 09:44 AM.

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    This has nothin to do with ur post really so sorry man. But i just found it hilarious that u black out ur face in all your pics but in ur avatar it is clearly showing. LMAO

-Bino

Quote Originally Posted by C_Bino
    This has nothin to do with ur post really so sorry man. But i just found it hilarious that u black out ur face in all your pics but in ur avatar it is clearly showing. LMAO

-Bino

Yeah its quite funny I just dont want a complete picture of my face on the internet, i dont care if you can see the top half of my head in some, and my chin in others, as long as there is no complete picture.

Bri

ward065 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FROST
    Thats a really good idea, i never thought of that. And to be blunt my diet went from strict, to complete unhealithy eat when you can, But the eggs are a really good idea, i'll have to ask them. thanks man.

Brian
    well that is probably the problem. You don't have to eat super clean. But if you are eating pastries for breakfast, a big piece of cake with every dinner, or 4 pieces of french toast and 8 sausages like i used to see some lard asses do when i was in college, u will suffer for sure.

A good meal with a little fat meal may be, 3 chicken breasts, a small order of french fries, and a piece of fruit. Don't go and order two things of chicken nuggets, with 2 french fries and cake for lunch- that will certainly put your diet out of whack. But when i was in college that is what a lot of kids would do, most of them showed it! Just listen to your body when you are eating- if you are full, stop eating. I can never eat a whole piece of cake, even if i do have one, i always get full about 1/3 the way through, lol

chest6 is offline Banned
    Being in college now I see what yall are talking about how its hard to eat a clean diet. Before I left I was bulking for awhile and didnt pick up any bf at all. When I got here...all hell broke loose. My training is still fine, but my diet sucks and Im trying to fix it.

But you look good bro. Keep gettin ur ass in the gym.

when i was in college i was not really bbing much i was training lightly, but not too seriously. i was kind of out of shape and a little chubby, but not by a whole lot.

Anyway , sometimes in college there are no healthy items on the menu. From experience this happened sometimes. But there are options you can still take to make your meal more healthy.

For example, sometimes for dinner they would only have fried pork chops (Yuck!). No chicken whatsoever. So if you had the pork, you could cut off the fried coating and eat a bit healthier piece of meat without all the fat in the coating.

The other big item at college was pizza. Pizza, pizza and more pizza......i've never been a big pizza fan. Not to mention big pieces of cake available for taking in lunch and dinner, a self serve soft ice cream machine..... most items were not healthy and was a perfect recipe for the freshman 15 for most kids.

The other bad thing was that Chicken breasts were a rip off! They were like $3.50 for one small chicken breast. On the other hand, you could get 2 slices of pizza , a medium soda and a 2 oz bag of chips for $5...... So the $10.50 for 3 pieces of chicken that has about 450 calories, or the $5 for the pizza, soda and chips that has 1000+ calories.......healthy items are more expensive in colleges unfortunately

ginkobulloba is offline Senior Member
    I had big problems like this when I was in the Army. The food was often terrible and sometimes all they served was fried meats. I got so fed up once and said something about it and some jerk off cook heard me and tried to get me banned from the chow hall. That didn't quite work out like he was hoping, but you see the kind of troubles I had. When I got to Iraq it was the same thing, but I had people I knew who worked in the kitchen and knew my situation. Every time I ate, I got extra portions and eggs cooked to order. This was in a war zone! It could've been better, but I was doing alright, because I made it my top priority. Before getting deployed I was sure I was going to lose some serious mass, but in the end I came home almost 20 lbs heavier.

When we re-deployed back to Washington, I was met once again with fierce resistance in the chow hall. This time it was civilians hired to cook for us. I told them I wanted two chicken breasts, they said no...I could have one. I said that wasn't going to cut it, they said too fckin bad. So I told them I had a medical condition that required more protein and they said prove it with a note from your doc. So I went to my doc and I said these people were giving me loads of shit and I can't eat like I want to and my boy hooked me up with a note saying I could get whatever I wanted. From then on life was sweet my man. Now, I am a college student and I tell ya, my diet has never been better.

So, I guess it all depends on how bad you want it, dude. I made shit happen in a war zone. I remember working out, doing like 400lb deadlifts when mortars started landing like 50 meters from the gym. Then, my chow hall was constantly being attacked at meal times because the bastards knew we'd all be in there at the same time. So don't tell me it can't be done in college.

Oh yeah, looking good dude, nice chest development. Work on the legs and lats. Peace.

Thanks for all the crits guys. My diet is never really pastries and cake lol its just when i can eat. When i do its chicken, pasta and fast food (college cafe)

More crits wellcome

Brian

All you huge bastards, how big were you when you were 18?

Brian

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    I am by no means huge. But at 18 I was much smaller, but I decided to research and wait a few years before starting. You much learn how to eat and train before you are ready for juice. Without a good foundation, You will never have a good physique.

Quote Originally Posted by IBdmfkr
    I am by no means huge. But at 18 I was much smaller, but I decided to research and wait a few years before starting. You much learn how to eat and train before you are ready for juice. Without a good foundation, You will never have a good physique.
    Who ever said i was on juice, all natty and plan to be for awile.

Bri

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    Who ever said i was on juice, all natty and plan to be for awile.

Bri
    Lets see. I don't think I stated You were on juice. You are 18, I hope you'd have more sense than that. I was simply stating learn how to eat right and train. It takes YEARS to gain quality muscle, juice or not. You are 18, give it time. You're still an infant to the gym. Some of these guys have 20+ years of training under their belt.

All you huge bastards, how big were you when you were 18?

Brian
    not very!

Right

Bri
    Last edited by FROST; 09-19-2005 at 08:36 PM.

sanjuro22 is offline New Member
    I can't exactly call you skinny, most guys would love to have your build, especially at 18 which is quite an achievement. Yeah, the advice is good - a better diet would make the world of difference. I doubt you are much of a hard gainer but a professional recommended that "skinny" guys shouldn't worry junk food so much, every calorie helps.

Thread Information