Thread: 6'2" 200lbs

devilmanT is offline New Member

6'2" 200lbs

Alright guys wanted to get some feedback from everyone. Please be easy on me, this is my first time posting pictures. I know I need a tan and I havent shaved my chest in a while. I might add I dont have much practice posing. Do you guys see any parts of my upper body that appear to be lagging with comparison to the rest of my body? How is my posing?

I personally think I need work on my rear delts, lats, and a little more length to my biceps.

I am currently between 198-200lbs and I am 6'2" at 25years old, my arms are 15.25". Ive been with the same routine for the past couple months so it is time to switch my routine up a little so I need to know what to work on.

Thanks for your input guys.

E
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 6'2" 200lbs-board1.jpg   6'2" 200lbs-board2.jpg   6'2" 200lbs-board3.jpg   6'2" 200lbs-board4.jpg   6'2" 200lbs-board5.jpg  

ginkobulloba is offline Senior Member
    What, no wheels? From what I can see, your back is what needs the biggest improvement, followed by chest. Get that V-taper going and your whole physique will look much better. You've got a nice peak on the biceps, like a mini Arnold. Keep up the good work. Am I correct to assume you're all natural?

BigRandy is offline Associate Member
    id say your chest, traps, and lats are behind. good job for posting pics/asking for advice..i know its not easy for some ppl

chest6 is offline Banned
    Chest are lats need work. First thing I noticed was your biceps...Im likin that peak

SinCityMan is offline Junior Member
    It is kinda hard to give a comparison to the rest of your body when we only see half. Need pics of the wheels, even if they look like pencils with knees. Like everyone else said nice peak to your bicep, lacking in chest and lat development. How long have you been working out consistantly?

As far as posing i am no expert but it does not look the best but i am no expert.

MASTER is offline "I Own You"
    not bad, keep at it!

Mealticket is offline Senior Member
    why is it that NOONE ever takes pics of their legs. That's the easiest place to add on size and weight

Dally is offline The Dally Lama
    theres no way your 200 pounds....if so you must have huge legs....lets see em

Thanks for the comments everyone.

I will get some pictures up here with my legs as well, so you all can see my whole body.

I am 200lbs for sure, got on a cheapy scale last night and it said 206, at the local grocery store scale and gym scale, I am reading 198-201lbs. Maybe it is the lighting or because im not tan in the pictures.

Well, ive been working out on and off for say 3 years, more off than on. I have been working out now(my best shape ever) for the past 3.5 months.

Keep the opinions coming guys. Ill get some more pics in the next couple days.

E

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by devilmanT
    Alright guys wanted to get some feedback from everyone. Please be easy on me, this is my first time posting pictures. I know I need a tan and I havent shaved my chest in a while. I might add I dont have much practice posing. Do you guys see any parts of my upper body that appear to be lagging with comparison to the rest of my body? How is my posing?

I personally think I need work on my rear delts, lats, and a little more length to my biceps.

I am currently between 198-200lbs and I am 6'2" at 25years old, my arms are 15.25". Ive been with the same routine for the past couple months so it is time to switch my routine up a little so I need to know what to work on.
    Looks like your favorite thing to work on is your arms. Your chest and back are lagging waaaay behind your arms. This is better then the other way around, like with me at first my favorite things to work was my chest and back and didnt pay too much attention to arms in the first couple years. This is good because arms in general are slower to develop then chest/back. I would start focusing on fulling balancing your workout so you develop your chest and back. You have no V-Shape because you need to work on back badly... the good thing is pull down bars develop the back really fast. Its not unheard of for lats to bulk up 10 lbs by themselves in the first 6 to 8 months even naturally so if you are just doing dumb bells at home and dont know how to do chest and back, consider a weider machine from Sears or Sams Club or better yet, join a gym for better balancing out of your development. You may have a point about the rear delts but those are regulated by the size of your back muscles so when you work the back muscles the rear delts develop along with it. For some reason your quads and hamstrings tend to regulate the size of your chest so working out legs will also help you develop out abs and chest. Hense you should get the idea and do a full body workout with equal intensity everywhere and not just work on arms alone.

Well, I do only train my upper body, so I am guilty of not full body, but I do train my upper body with what I consider equal intensity and equal exercises.

Man, I would love to gain 10lbs in my lats. Now ive got new motivation to train my back. thanks guys!

I have recently seen awesome gains in my arms since I started doing dips. I am going to start focusing really hard on my widegrip pullups and pulldowns. I hate compound movements, so I have neglected them. But ive decided it is time to step up, hopefully I will see nice gains in my back as a result as I did with dips. Now as far as my chest, I have no idea why that is so far behind, must really be a weak point for my body. I have been training equally as hard as my arms and shoulders on my chest. But I noticed too, I never get much development or strength gains on my chest. I am currently flat benching 180 for 3 sets 4,3,3 reps. My max bench is 205-210. I do flat bench, 3 sets, Flys, 2 sets, incline bench 2 sets for my chest workout. Any thoughts on what the problem might be? Ive been trying to stay with basic movements until I get a good foundation.

Maybe it is time to start doing legs. Ive also recently set a goal of getting a max bench of 300lbs one time. So hopefully my new goal well get my chest going.

E

ginkobulloba is offline Senior Member

Maybe it is time to start doing legs.

E
    No maybe...it's been time. If you work your legs everything else will grow as well.

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    Not much to critique, you look like a normal guy that doesn't workout. Put in another 6 months of good training, Learn how to eat right and then post updated pics in 6 months. Props on posting pics.

Oh man, I need to post a pic up here of what I look like when I dont work out. It was form earlier this year. Ill post it when i get home for comparison, along with some pics of my legs. I have been eating 5 meals a day and drinking pwo shakes, and training EOD for the past 3.5months. I wonder if not training my legs is really holding me back that much.

E

I'm not saying you look bad at all. Like your said, you have only been training for 3.5 months. That is nothing, you are just beginning. Keep at it! You will see the results you want, it just takes time. And YES, I deff. think by not working legs you are screwing yourself. Now is the time you need to get yourself into the routine of working legs. Squats, Deadlifts, lunges, etc.... do it.

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Well, I do only train my upper body, so I am guilty of not full body, but I do train my upper body with what I consider equal intensity and equal exercises.

Man, I would love to gain 10lbs in my lats. Now ive got new motivation to train my back. thanks guys!

I have recently seen awesome gains in my arms since I started doing dips. I am going to start focusing really hard on my widegrip pullups and pulldowns. I hate compound movements, so I have neglected them. But ive decided it is time to step up, hopefully I will see nice gains in my back as a result as I did with dips. Now as far as my chest, I have no idea why that is so far behind, must really be a weak point for my body. I have been training equally as hard as my arms and shoulders on my chest. But I noticed too, I never get much development or strength gains on my chest. I am currently flat benching 180 for 3 sets 4,3,3 reps. My max bench is 205-210. I do flat bench, 3 sets, Flys, 2 sets, incline bench 2 sets for my chest workout. Any thoughts on what the problem might be? Ive been trying to stay with basic movements until I get a good foundation.

Maybe it is time to start doing legs. Ive also recently set a goal of getting a max bench of 300lbs one time. So hopefully my new goal well get my chest going.

E
    Presses are great for chest, but you should also consider machines for butterfly press... for me my chest is my best point and while I do use free weights for many thing, smith machine for presses, etc... I believe butterfly press machines are excellent for chest development. Also presses that change which angle/altitude you press at... meaning change the angle of the chair you are benching from or use all those variety of press machines that do straight forward pressing, then at all angles in between straight forward and straight up. You also will find all these press angles will "also" hit your triceps which add size to your arms. In a way you can take emphasis OFF your arms and towards chest and back and your arms will get an excellent workout along the way!! Also there are some little known secrets like your biceps under most conditions will never measure more then 3/4 to 1 inch different from your calves, this is because your body is trying to balance your body so if you ignore calves, you limit how big your arms get. Quads (upper thighs) similarily regulate the size of your pecs and abs so this is why we say, ignore NOTHING, work the legs, abs, I even suggest do weighted neck exercises because you are not always aware of what other muscles are being regulated by another so if you work everything, then you get results you want.

Here are some pictures of my legs everyone. Also, the last 2 pics, i included are of me earlier this year when I hadnt worked out for quite some time.

E
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 6'2" 200lbs-boardback2.jpg   6'2" 200lbs-boardback3.jpg   6'2" 200lbs-boardlegs1.jpg   6'2" 200lbs-boardsmall1.jpg   6'2" 200lbs-boardsmall2.jpg  

Good base, Keep lifting and eat right. Set goals and reach them.

Thread Information