crzybreaks is offline New Member

sup, new to the forum! wondering what ya think?

sup guys!! ive been working out for a few years now and am working on cutting down now.im trying to get some more cardio in so i can start slimming down around my waist and everywhere else. im 5'7" weigh 214lbs with 16-17% bf on and off and am 21 yrs old. ive never done any shows or anything but want to get into one in march!!! im wondering if you guys think it would be possible to cut down enough to do well in the show and if so how much bf and weight should i lose. thanks for all your replies and help and look forward to being around the forums. dont be too harsh.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sup, new to the forum! wondering what ya think?-fixed.jpg   sup, new to the forum! wondering what ya think?-fixed2.jpg   sup, new to the forum! wondering what ya think?-fixed3.jpg   sup, new to the forum! wondering what ya think?-fixed4.jpg   sup, new to the forum! wondering what ya think?-fixed5.jpg  

some more of my favorite body parts...and i know im a hairy dude so no comments on that and hurt my feelings lol.. didnt feel like shaving for a bunch of dudes to critique my body..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sup, new to the forum! wondering what ya think?-dsc00093.jpg   sup, new to the forum! wondering what ya think?-dsc00091.jpg   sup, new to the forum! wondering what ya think?-dsc00105.jpg   sup, new to the forum! wondering what ya think?-smaller.jpg  

Lil' Hulk is offline New Member
    You're looking pretty thick bro. You got the muscle under there.
    Don't know about a show in March though. Maybe redo your nutritional plan, up cardio and see where you stand by the end of Jan.
    We're almost the same in height, weight, and BF, believe me that is really hard to drop fast without sacrificing muscle. Been there, done that, dropped 40lbs in 3.5 months.
    However, at 21, you definately have an advantage.
    Go for the gusto and see where you stand the end of Jan.
    Whatever your plans, bro, you're on the right track!

Zapp is offline Banned
    I think you should hold off on the comp for a little while. I would try to put on a little more muscle.....chest, traps, delts, etc. Do that until April and then start a cutter. You should be ready to try a comp by July. Posing needs alot of work by the way. Good luck.

*Alex* is offline Senior Member
    i think around 20% bf , good luck!!!

ripped4fsu is offline Anabolic Member
    I say if you want to compete in March go for it... you got a good base but you know you are going to have to cut up and you only have 10 weeks give of take. search on swolecats threads for some good nutrition plans.
    good luck and welcome to AR

~R

ripped4fsu is offline Anabolic Member
    BTW... clean your damn room!

flyguy7 is offline Associate Member
    You better have a sick diet for March man. Might want to work on your shoulders a bit, but otherwise looks like you'll have some solid size there.

FROST is offline Associate Member
    Looking thick man, whats your calf routine look like?

Brian

thanks for the replies fellas. well i am at 17% bf and was looking forward to tyring to compete so i guess ill just try all of your guys advice but not really push for competition in march like i thought i would. i want to remain healthy, cut bf, not sacrifice any muscle. again you guys are great and thanks for all your replies

oh and as far as my calf workout... i do legs twice a week and in both routines i do calf raises with 135-150 on the barbell and put the tip of my toes on a platform to raise up. i do those 3 sets of 40. i also do seated calf raises with 180. 3 sets of 40 as well.

Skinsfan is offline New Member
    Great calf workout; thanks for the info!!

FROST is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crzybreaks
    oh and as far as my calf workout... i do legs twice a week and in both routines i do calf raises with 135-150 on the barbell and put the tip of my toes on a platform to raise up. i do those 3 sets of 40. i also do seated calf raises with 180. 3 sets of 40 as well.
    Thats ****ing nuts man!

TADOLFI is offline Member
    Well, I'll say if you have the kahunas to post the pics - you'll probably be just fine with doing more bulk and then a cutter.
    Welcome to AR and good luck!

thanks for all the positive replies fellas and give the calf workout a shot and in no time your calves will grow!!!

Thread Information