CapnZ is offline Associate Member

test e only cycle

*PLEASE NOTE* - photos are in reverse order. 1st pic is the "after" pic.
    Ok here we go - my results from 12 weeks of test e @ 500 mg / week.
    I'm pretty happy - although in the pic my pecs dont look symetrical.
    Long storey short - I was in a car accident and was away from lifting for a while and lost a lot so when I got the OK to lift again, I started light for quite a while to get the joints, tendons back in shape (I'm over 40) and then hit this cycle. OK - let the flaming begin!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails test e only cycle-wk-12-crop.jpg   test e only cycle-day-45-crop.jpg  
    Last edited by CapnZ; 11-16-2005 at 08:18 AM.

Haro3 is offline Anabolic Member
    I'd feel weird flaming you since I'm half your age lol a little disrespectful. You definately made progress..but ur chest does look unsemetrical, left looks quite a bit thicker, u dont look to bad now, drop a little weight and it would be easier to critique. I dont know if AAS were necessary but then again at 40 the gains are probably a helll of alot slower so if your happy man keep at it, i think u made some good progress

Quote Originally Posted by Haro3
    I'd feel weird flaming you since I'm half your age lol a little disrespectful. You definately made progress..but ur chest does look unsemetrical, left looks quite a bit thicker, u dont look to bad now, drop a little weight and it would be easier to critique. I dont know if AAS were necessary but then again at 40 the gains are probably a helll of alot slower so if your happy man keep at it, i think u made some good progress

No Its cool - that what I think too about my chest - wierd thing is when I look in the mirror I dont see it. And yes gains are a lot slower when older. Up 19 lbs

patrickmill is offline Banned
    good effort

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnZ
    Ok here we go - my results from 12 weeks of test e @ 500 mg / week.
    I'm pretty happy - although in the pic my pecs dont look symetrical.
    Long storey short - I was in a car accident and was away from lifting for a while and lost a lot so when I got the OK to lift again, I started light for quite a while to get the joints, tendons back in shape (I'm over 40) and then hit this cycle. OK - let the flaming begin!!
    I feel the cycle was a waste. From looking at the pictures you could have made the same gains training naturally.
    Muscle Asylum Project Athlete

LiLSaVaGe is offline Junior Member
    At your age, think of it as HRT, IMO i'd stay on. I agree with Carlos E, you coulda made those gains naturally. Hey Carlos, have you lined a National show to do yet?
    Last edited by LiLSaVaGe; 11-09-2005 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E
    I feel the cycle was a waste. From looking at the pictures you could have made the same gains training naturally.
    I appreciate your input - I'll be training natural for some months now. LIke I said concentrating on big basics and keeping my diet in check. You're probablyt right - I didnt know enough before I started. I'm gonna be hitting legs / back / chest for the next 10 - 12 weeks - mapping out my workouts now. Any suggestions from the experienceed would be apprecaited. I want to build up a good foaundation before hitting another cycle.

MuckDog is offline Senior Member
    i think u did a nice job - keep up the good work and you will continue to be happier with yourself. i think your next cycle will do you wonders.

Lavinco is offline Anabolic Member
    I was a little confused at first glance. Or maybe I still am....

is the pic on the left after and the one on the right before. (lined up backwards)

if so, great work. If the smaller you is after I must say that you forgot to lift weights and did not eat.

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by LiLSaVaGe
    At your age, think of it as HRT, IMO i'd stay on. I agree with Carlos E, you coulda made those gains naturally. Hey Carlos, have you lined a National show to do yet?
    Check your PMs.
    Muscle Asylum Project Athlete

Quote Originally Posted by Lavinco
    I was a little confused at first glance. Or maybe I still am....

is the pic on the left after and the one on the right before. (lined up backwards)

if so, great work. If the smaller you is after I must say that you forgot to lift weights and did not eat.
    Yea - I put the pics in backwards - my first attempt at posting pics. The left pic is after, the right before. I def. did not forget to eat - up 19 lbs. Thanks man!

Quote Originally Posted by MuckDog
    i think u did a nice job - keep up the good work and you will continue to be happier with yourself. i think your next cycle will do you wonders.
    Thanks for the encouragement Muckdog!

sonar1234 is offline Banned
    You got a lot leaner, that is good news i might look into this myself, i got back pain and gained some fat.

Looking good

testosterona is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MuckDog
    agreed. keep it up bro. looking alot more solid.

Quote Originally Posted by testosterona
    agreed. keep it up bro. looking alot more solid.
    Thanks Testo - I'm running about 12 - 13 % bf in the after photo - measured with calipers. Gonna train natural thru the winter - work on the big basics, and consider my options for a spring cycle.

SnaX is offline Anabolic Member
    I dunno man... I would think that with taking test that you would have gotten much bigger... Im just wondering if whatever you took was real or not... because the gains weren't that much, even if you are older. Im just curious.... hmmmm hmm hmmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by SnaX
    I dunno man... I would think that with taking test that you would have gotten much bigger... Im just wondering if whatever you took was real or not... because the gains weren't that much, even if you are older. Im just curious.... hmmmm hmm hmmmmmm

Well as of today Im up 24 lbs and 6.5" on my chest. I'm kinda tall (6'3") so it stretches out on me some. Arms are +3.25"

fitnessguy is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnZ
    Well as of today Im up 24 lbs and 6.5" on my chest. I'm kinda tall (6'3") so it stretches out on me some. Arms are +3.25"
    i think he might be a lil confused on which pic is b4 and which is after... maybe edit the original post to clarify things... nice work btw...

manijak is offline Associate Member
    I'd say great gains dude, at 40 your natural test and HGH production is just about 0.
    And Carlos E. you know we go way back dude, but after 5 years of personal training, trust me, there is no way in hell he would have gained 19 lbs even in a couple of years.
    One thing I did notice in people over 40 is that what they did in life up to that age determines of what are they capable after 40 more than anything else( genetics, trainig, diet).
    This by no means signify that those "else things" make no difference, but besides a few exception far in between, the general rule appears to be as I said above.

Quote Originally Posted by fitnessguy
    i think he might be a lil confused on which pic is b4 and which is after... maybe edit the original post to clarify things... nice work btw...

Thanks man and yea I guess I should call those photos an "after and before " comparison since I posted them in reverse.

c8rsa is offline Associate Member
    Well done.

Thread Information