bunkerking58 is offline Junior Member

18 Looking to do first show in may...HELP

Hey guys. let me first start by saying thanks for all you help i have made a huge transformation over the past year and a half and owe alot to all of you on the site. ill be 19 in april and i would really like to do a show in may jus tto get one under my belt b4 im 20.
    im 5'8 and about 195. basically i dont wanna do the show to small do u think i should shoot for may or just hold out longer. im really confused i want to set a date to shoot for but idk if ill be ready.
    thanks for you help and ill post more pics tomorrow this is what i have as of right now
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 18 Looking to do first show in may...HELP-show-no.jpg   18 Looking to do first show in may...HELP-show-no2.jpg   18 Looking to do first show in may...HELP-show-no3.jpg   18 Looking to do first show in may...HELP-show-no4.jpg   18 Looking to do first show in may...HELP-show-no5.jpg  

Last edited by bunkerking58; 12-19-2005 at 09:34 AM.

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    Well from the small ass photo you posted you seem to have a good base for 18, but we can only see 25% of your body. Legs and front/back shot would help us to critique you. With your first show it is more about learning your body and deciding which weight class you want to fall into. I'll wait on more pics before critiquing.

From what I can see you look like you have a good enough base to compete if you really bust ass these next 5 months. Dont worry about size right now, it all looks different w/ a lower bodyfat, there are guys in the light heavies and middleweights that look jacked enough. And if your competing in May then you need to start dieting sometime in Feb, so you wont have alot of mass gaining time left. But if your doing an NPC novice division and not an open, then its not an issue b/ as far as i recall its just divided into light, middle, heavy, and heavy is anything over 175 or something. Thats what I'd do bro, shoot for the novice class just to get the experience. You'd be amazed at what a learning experience it is.

im actually looking to do a natural ny show i would probly do teen division which is just under 20 and then mayb novice also. but ill get these other pics up asap

Quote Originally Posted by bunkerking58
    im actually looking to do a natural ny show i would probly do teen division which is just under 20 and then mayb novice also. but ill get these other pics up asap

Shit man, your asking if we think your ready for a natty show? **** yeah, you chizzle up and you'll do really well. Natural shows are more about conditioning than size anyways, you come in ripped your bound to place well. The monsters are like 200 lbs in those shows. Go for it dude

muscleboy63 is offline New Member

Thumbs up

Massive shoulder width and small waist make for your awesome v-taper!!

Quote Originally Posted by stayinstacked
    Shit man, your asking if we think your ready for a natty show? **** yeah, you chizzle up and you'll do really well. Natural shows are more about conditioning than size anyways, you come in ripped your bound to place well. The monsters are like 200 lbs in those shows. Go for it dude
    nice im deff thinking about shooting for this may show now. i added some more pics quality isnt great but check them out

Quote Originally Posted by muscleboy63
    Massive shoulder width and small waist make for your awesome v-taper!!
    thanks alot man

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    Quote Originally Posted by stayinstacked
    Stacked is right.You'll most likely hit the stage around 175 or so.Being shredded in natty shows is what it's all about.I think you'll do well.

~Pinnacle~

Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle
    Stacked is right.You'll most likely hit the stage around 175 or so.Being shredded in natty shows is what it's all about.I think you'll do well.

~Pinnacle~
    Yea thats kinda what figured i would hit stage at i just dont wanna look to small. im really thinking hard about doing this show after hearing what u guys are saying about how its all about being ripped for a natty show tho

what do u guys think i need to bring up i kno my rear delts need work

chest6 is offline Banned
    Lookin good. Don't have much time left to bulk like ss said, so get to it and start cutting in Mid Feb or so depending what your bf is at..

decadbal is offline Banned
    good luck with it man

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bunkerking58
    Yea thats kinda what figured i would hit stage at i just dont wanna look to small. im really thinking hard about doing this show after hearing what u guys are saying about how its all about being ripped for a natty show tho

what do u guys think i need to bring up i kno my rear delts need work
    I think your arms (namely your tricep) could use some attention.

Can't tell what the 2nd half of you body looks like.. but your upper body looks pretty good.

Get shredded and you should do well.

~Narkissos

Redalert is offline New Member

Show

Hmm I think you need to cut up a little bit. You're big but you need some definition. Its the cuts and ripples that are the most impressive. I'd suggest once you get a little closer to comp time start taking a fat burner like lipo 6 or a metabolism booster like thermoboost, both of which you can get a GNC. And maybe something to improve vascularity.

need2Bbig is offline Associate Member
    solid base man, if your legs are up to par with your upper body you'll do well I know guys in there mid 20's who love to have your size!

Quote Originally Posted by Redalert
    Hmm I think you need to cut up a little bit. You're big but you need some definition. Its the cuts and ripples that are the most impressive. I'd suggest once you get a little closer to comp time start taking a fat burner like lipo 6 or a metabolism booster like thermoboost, both of which you can get a GNC. And maybe something to improve vascularity.
    Dont take this as me being a dick but obviously... im still bulking im planning on starting to diet down mid febuary come show time i wanna be around 175 but thanks for ur input and ill keep in mind those products u mentioned thanks

Quote Originally Posted by need2Bbig
    solid base man, if your legs are up to par with your upper body you'll do well I know guys in there mid 20's who love to have your size!
    thanks alot man i really do bust my ass .. my legs are in proportion to my upper body i have really been killing them latly i want to have massive legs nothign is more impressive ill take pic tomorrow b and after i train them

Redalert is offline New Member

Yeah

Nah you weren't being a dick. Its cool. I got a comp coming up towards the end of March. Its not a serious thing thing just a little HS thing for charity and to help the football team. Either way I get to get on stage and show up some people lol. But yeah the lipo 6 really helps I dropped a few % body fat on it. Like 3-4% if I recall, in about 6 weeks, with 4x a week cardio for at least an hour. Good luck with the contest and keep us posted with some photos.

Quote Originally Posted by Redalert
    Nah you weren't being a dick. Its cool. I got a comp coming up towards the end of March. Its not a serious thing thing just a little HS thing for charity and to help the football team. Either way I get to get on stage and show up some people lol. But yeah the lipo 6 really helps I dropped a few % body fat on it. Like 3-4% if I recall, in about 6 weeks, with 4x a week cardio for at least an hour. Good luck with the contest and keep us posted with some photos.
    thats sweet good luck man, yeah i hear good things about lipo 6 thats deff some nice results do u have ne pics??

Thread Information