mavsluva is offline "Gone but not forgotten" 10/11/07

New Member - 1st Pics

Hello folks,

Just thought I would throw these out there as a way to timestamp the beginning of a new chapter in my life. My stats are:

Height: 5'8
    Weight: 165lbs
    BF%: 5-6%

Grace and peace,
    Mavsluva
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Member - 1st Pics-104_0436.jpg   New Member - 1st Pics-104_0437.jpg   New Member - 1st Pics-104_0439.jpg   New Member - 1st Pics-104_0441.jpg   New Member - 1st Pics-104_0442.jpg  

copenhagen is offline Member
    how long have u been training ? got a little backne going on there bro

I've been training overall for about 4 years. Yeah, ever since I started hitting the iron hard, I've had problems with my skin (specifically my back). I've never had skin problems until now. I think my body will adjust to the lifestyle change in the coming weeks and my skin will get back to normal. I'm not taking anything that would cause my skin to break out, so I think it's just going to take some time to adjust.

Mavsluva

need2Bbig is offline Associate Member
    def got a good base there man keep it up

BeerBaron is offline Senior Member
    got a good solid look to you bro, time to bulk; that is if size is what you are looking for.

oldman is offline Anabolic Member
    Welcome to the board, you look pretty good.. Get a good bulk going and you should look great. Not being a jerk but 5% BF seems low from what I see but still looking ripped none the less.

Oldman

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    I agree about the BF%..... you're low but not 5 or 6%......... Great base

Lavinco is offline Anabolic Member
    i am the exact same age, height and almost weight as you. I weigh 170 right now at about 12%bf though.

Good base bro! Keep us updated.

Zapp is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by copenhagen
    how long have u been training ? got a little backne going on there bro
    The bro didn't ask you how his skin looked cope. Lookin good there bro, keep up the hard work.....and welcome to AR.

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    Agree on BF, probably closer to 8-10%. You have a good foundation, if your goal is to bulk then check out the diet forum, Goodluck on your progress.

Btw: Be sure to shower, morning, night and directly after a workout. Does wonders for oily skin.

copenhagen is offline Member
    not dogging on him zapp, i just figured that maybe he was on some sort of aas that was causing some backne. he is def. looking solid though...

Zapp is offline Banned
    That's cool cope. Wasn't tryin to be an ass, just didn't sound cool. I'm sure he knows he has bumps on his back. I've got some too. Peace.

testosterona is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavinco
    i am the exact same age, height and almost weight as you. I weigh 170 right now at about 12%bf though.

Good base bro! Keep us updated.
    lookin lean and mean. keep it up.
    are you looking to bulk?

Yeah, my goal is to gain around 6-8lbs of mass this winter. I've tried to do so in the past, but my attempts are always cut short due to feeling like crap. My daily caloric intake at this time is right around 2500 calories using a 40/40/20 rule of thumb. These stats allow me to maintain my current physique, while incorporating a nice cheat day every Sunday.

My bulking approach will be to increase protein to 1.5 grams per body pound (where I was doing 1 gram per body pound), 2-2.5 grams of carbs per body pound, and .5 grams of fat per body pound. I currently eat 5-6 times a day, so I'll need to increase my caloric intake per meal to hit the numbers that I need to gain the additional mass. I'd say that a caloric intake of around 3500 will do me good for the next month. I'll just have to monitor my body and play it by ear for the most part. The most challenging part of my up and coming diet will be the carb part. You can only eat so much brown rice and oats before you go crazy. I do intake a good deal of maltodextrin, but mainly for PWO nutrition. I'm not much of a fan of the over the counter weight gainers as they put too much extra crap in them. I can make my own weight gainer at half the cost as well.

So the goal is the extra 6-8lbs of lean muscle mass. I really think I can conquer this goal if I can get some good results out of my legs. My legs, like most guys, are my genetically challenged region so I anticipate some unpleasant workouts in the not so distant future.

Thanks for the props from those that have responded!

Mavsluva

Zapp is offline Banned
    Sounds like you are ready to grow brother. Go to it!

Oh yeah - And as far as the body fat percentage goes, I'm probably floating in the 8-10% now that I think about it. I was right around 5-6% about a month ago, but have gained over the past month. I really enjoyed being in the 5-6% body fat area because I really looked bigger at that level. I think that goes without saying since the muscle on ones body looks bigger due to an increased appearance in definition. However, my clothes and the way they fit were/are really becoming quite annoying. My 28-29 inch waist made purchasing a pair of jeans or dress slacks a damn near impossible task. I'd have to purchase 1 31 inch waist in my jeans and slacks so my legs could fit in them properly. And having to tuck in all that extra shirt was a real pain the ace as well. So the way my clothes fit is another motivational factor for the desired increase in mass.

Mavsluva

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mavsluva
    I'm not much of a fan of the over the counter weight gainers as they put too much extra crap in them. I can make my own weight gainer at half the cost as well.

So the goal is the extra 6-8lbs of lean muscle mass. I really think I can conquer this goal if I can get some good results out of my legs. My legs, like most guys, are my genetically challenged region so I anticipate some unpleasant workouts in the not so distant future.

Thanks for the props from those that have responded!

Mavsluva
    Mad props to you man!

I've got nothing but respect for the guys that not only say they want something...but make a plan and see it through.

You've a pretty solid start...great pics.

Good luck!

~Nark

Superballer is offline Associate Member
    I'm not much of a fan of the over the counter weight gainers as they put too much extra crap in them. I can make my own weight gainer at half the cost as well.

Mavsluva
    A quick question: what do you put together to make your own weight gainer? I've been making a lot of oatmeal and protein shakes (oatmeal ground in a coffee grinder), just curious to hear what you've concocted... Thanks

Other than that, Looking good.... Nice physique.... lookin cut. 8-10 pounds would be a great improvement, like you said. Good luck with it. I've been bulking for the last two months now... I wish I could just stop thinking about food, but it's all worth it. Best of Luck

V5RED is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Superballer
    A quick question: what do you put together to make your own weight gainer? I've been making a lot of oatmeal and protein shakes (oatmeal ground in a coffee grinder), just curious to hear what you've concocted... Thanks

Other than that, Looking good.... Nice physique.... lookin cut. 8-10 pounds would be a great improvement, like you said. Good luck with it. I've been bulking for the last two months now... I wish I could just stop thinking about food, but it's all worth it. Best of Luck
    2 cups oats, 3 cups milk, chocolate syrup to taste.......hit that 5x a day and see the muscles grow
    986 calories according to fitday.com before i add the syrup

nice lil snack

i blend it in my smoothie maker and as long as its cold its some goos big buisness

sort of a reward for eating the meat in that meal(i hate meat now, too much damn meat)

Your a thick one V5red, I have no doubt these work, but that's too many calories to absorb and utilize in one meal. I'd split it in two and drink half and then the other half a couple hours later.

chest6 is offline Banned
    You have a great attitude. Props to you. You seem like you have a reachable goal in mind, and you know what you need to do to accomplish this. Good luck, oh and you look very good right now as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by IBdmfkr
    Your a thick one V5red, I have no doubt these work, but that's too many calories to absorb and utilize in one meal. I'd split it in two and drink half and then the other half a couple hours later.
    wouldnt work since i drink 5 a day thatd be 20 hrs of eating(1/2 shake every 2 hrs)

besides they go down in like 7 min tops if ur not distracted

Some of us like to stay somewhat lean while bulking. Is that your belly hanging over your shorts?

Some of us like to stay somewhat lean while bulking. Is that your belly hanging over your shorts?
    Don't hate on Uber-bulking.

Some days i can't see my toes

unless ur very genetically gifted, you are just spinning your wheels if you try to bulk and stay lean

Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    Don't hate on Uber-bulking.

Some days i can't see my toes
    Not hating, I have tried both dirty and clean bulk, I feel like you receive a lot more by doing it slowly over a little longer amount of time rather than gaining all the unwanted water/fat and then trying to trim it all off.

Quote Originally Posted by V5RED
    unless ur very genetically gifted, you are just spinning your wheels if you try to bulk and stay lean
    I don't consider myself genetically gifted but I have managed to gain 5-8lbs/yr for the past 7yrs without breaking 12%BF. I just have a different approach than you, that's all. I like to look good all year around.

Ok guys...stop whoring the guy's thread
    We can start a new one entitled "dity bulk vs clean"

DAMNIT!

chest6 is offline Banned
    That means im out..

omnipotent is offline Banned
    lookin good dude.. is that acnee on yur back frum juuCE juice ?

No juic'n going on over here. Just some dedication, motivation, and determination.

daytrader is offline Member
    Wow bro.... you llook good for all natural you got some very nice genetics/attitude!!! Ever plan on doing a cycle?Youd be a beast. I fthats what your lookin for

Nah, I have never even thought about doing a cycle of anything. I've always felt that I would maintain my results if I were to stick to a natural regimen.

HeavyHitter is offline Anabolic Member
    lookin good bro... start tanning more! It will bring out the shreds more!!

Pinkvelvet is offline Female Member
    IMO....I think you have a really good base...and, totally agree with some previous suggestions as getting a really good bulking phase going! At least now....lean as you are...you can critique your physique to which parts need the most help. You certainly couldn't do that with much excess fat.
    At 165 pounds..you could certainly afford to gain for bulking purposes without hurting a future cutting phase.

Train hard....eat clean!!!

And, if I missed your b-day...Happy Belated....if it's coming up....Happy Birthday!

Hugs!
    Someone's Little Pumpkie

Thanks for the nice response Pinkvelvet.

In my attempts to increase my caloric intake these past 2-3 weeks, I must admit that I'm failing miserably. The first week was okay, but I had a hard time de****g with the fact that I felt "full" all of the time. My waistline, even though it didn't really change at all, felt bigger. I have a very tough time staying with a program that makes me feel gross. I do need to attempt to remain dilligent, though, because I'll eventually adapt to this new diet if I can stay with it for a while. I just hate not feeling light on my feet and agile. And I also hate the fact that my wife was about to move me out of the house since I had enough gas in me to power the heating units in my house!

I'm leaving in the morning to head out to my wife's parents house and it's the worst place in the world to attempt to maintain a clean diet. I don't have a problem with eating clean. It's just that the only choices are crap, crap, and then some more crap to eat. I will take with me a ton of Prolab's Lean Mass Matrix MRP's to help fill in where I can, but I worry about hurting their feelings should I chose not to partake in what they make for the family. I'm sure most of us have this very same issue come the holiday season. I just don't want to come across as being overly high maintenance. I could, if I wanted to, pack lots of foods to eat but I think that could potentially send the wrong message to her family. They love me to death and they know that I take the very best care of myself, so I'll have to comprise as much as possible.

Merry Christmas yall,
    Mavsluva

BTW - Did any of you see what Kobe Bryant did to my team the other night? I have to admit it was the best display of ball hogging that I have ever seen. But at the same time, it was awesome. Damn him!

WHOADY4SHOADY is offline Senior Member
    Your arms are very over powering which isnt necessarily a bad thing.

Thread Information