Thread: lighting?

xtinaunasty is offline Female Member

lighting?

okay...this may seem like a dumb question but, what lighting do you guys usually try and use for your pics? i know most of you take them in your house or the gym, but do you pay attention to lighting at all? cuz when i look in the mirror i can see a lot of definition but when i take a pic and look at it i dont see as much. could it be my camera? its 6 mega pixels so i dont think its that. ive tried it with and without the flash. without the flash gets a little more def. but not even close to what it looks like in the mirror. am i just imagining this? maybe i have the reverse of negative body image. lol.

Zapp is offline Banned
    Hmmmmm. Probably your imagination.

TinTin78 is offline Member
    Well, the flash makes me look twice as pale to and it takes away def, so you should try to have some more ambient light around and turn that flash off. It needs to be pretty light if you turn it off and try different angles with the light if you can. Do you have to take the photo infront of the mirror? Take it outside if you can, it will be really good, and then transform it to black and white in the computer, then there will be cool definition.

Good luck

omnipotent is offline Banned
    yeah i do photography and the lighting is the most dramatic part of a photo .. good lighting can make you lok ripped of smooth as anything .. i dont use flash for my pics .. instead i like to use day light from my window.. or a flaurecent light . so you have some shadow to show definition

alphaman is offline Member

thanks everyone. ill try and take some new pics using your tips.

bigbouncinballs is offline Senior Member
    side lighting works best in my experience. stand five or ten feet from a lamp so that more shadows are made.

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    TinTin and Omnipotent, i concur on the natural light suggestion.

Natural lighting brings the best results for me personally.

The conversion to black and white can either improve the quality of the pic... or decrease detail.

I find it depends on the quality of the pic before tho.

Tina, i'm no phtography expert, but like Omnipotent said... the choice of lighting is every important.

I find, that the use of flash (especially when taking pics in a mirror) blurs the detail around the area where the flash originated.

My advice to you... experiement

Are you using a digital cam?

thanks nark. yeah, its digital...im planning on taking some pics today when my friend gets over here. that way i dont need a mirror and i can go outside. its cloudy today though, does it matter?

omnipotent is offline Banned
    cloudy is GOODDDDD my love.. i find cloudy weather to be the best lighting its perfect .. every line is visible that wayy .. this is an example of cloudy weather lighting .. dont mind how skinny i am in this pic its from when i was 18 =D
    Last edited by omnipotent; 02-26-2006 at 09:22 PM.

TinTin78 is offline Member
    You were a good looking 18 year old, and that is not skinny, it's nice shapes. Love your body the whole ride, every year has it's own charm.

kaorialfred is offline Member
    noon time here seems to be the best time to snap a picture. although its clear today so you should be able to come up with some good ones

Thread Information