GNL
    GNL is offline New Member

New guy posting pics.

Hello overyone. I'm 22 years old, 5'9, about 195 lbs, don't know what b/f.
    I've been training for about 5-6 years, with last 3 or so being pretty dedicated. These pics are from 4 months after a year-long layoff, when I was in a situation that did not permit me any working out with weights . Tell me what youse think.

P.S. I'll start bulking tomorrow.

GNL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New guy posting pics.-gane-front.jpg   New guy posting pics.-gan-back.jpg   New guy posting pics.-gane-bis.jpg   New guy posting pics.-gane-back-bis.jpg   New guy posting pics.-gane-lat.jpg  

GNL
    Some more
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New guy posting pics.-gane-side.jpg   New guy posting pics.-gane-leg.jpg   New guy posting pics.-gane-leg2.jpg  

you have a great look right now. have you taken any cycles before? but **** bro, you got some nice wheels. keep up the good work.

GNL
    Thanks bro for the compliment. No aas or prohormones here, just trying to eat relatively clean (my mom's a health nut, except for the huuuuuge pasta dinners we have), and I keep trying to train simple (mainly legs, off, push, off, pull, off, off). Right now, I'm trying to get into the 20 rep squats, but I can only squat around 235-245 for 20 right now (that's ass to the grounders).

Any tips on what I should try to bring up though?

Thanks,
    GNL

GNL
    A few more from last year, right before my layoff (I'm almost back up to those poundages).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New guy posting pics.-dead3.jpg   New guy posting pics.-dead5.jpg  

Wiggum is offline Associate Member
    bro, those pics look like the student gym (archbold) up at Syracuse U. If not, crazy similarity...

DEVLDOG is offline Retired VET
    nice job bro,keep up the good work and stay natural for a little bit more.you'll be glad you did

You look really good but if i were to make a suggestion i would maybe say do more dumbbell shrugs or barbell shrugs. bring of the traps a little more to make your upper body more proportionate to the chest. right now it looks like you have a longer neck to a big upper body. Im not trying to degrate by all means but its just a recommendation.

GNL
    Hey Wiggum, you got that right. It's the Cusetown gym. You are still in the area or what?

Plasticfuture, thanks for that advice. I have been trying to make my neck do a houdini act, but while my traps are getting stronger, I don't see much growth (right now I do about 8-10 strict bb shrugs on a average day).

Right now, I'm just trying to concentrate on bringing everything up evenly, and not increase bf too much in the upcoming bulk period, so this hopefully helps fill out the "gaps".

Peace,
    GNL
    Last edited by GNL; 11-22-2004 at 02:47 PM.

fritz2435 is offline Member
    Great to see you're lifting again! Don't it feel great?

GNL
    Most definitely a great feeling lifting again. I can't wait to start trying to put on extra size this winter though (no exact goal to shoot for, just increase cals, intensity, rest, and hope that those things do the trick).

peace,
    GNL

imann is offline Member
    Nice work with no AS .....you look solid bro!

Natural1 is offline Associate Member
    lookin think man keep it up

BiggerBri2002 is offline Senior Member
    Good work dude...quite impressive for your age too!

Quote Originally Posted by GNL
    Hey Wiggum, you got that right. It's the Cusetown gym. You are still in the area or what?

Plasticfuture, thanks for that advice. I have been trying to make my neck do a houdini act, but while my traps are getting stronger, I don't see much growth (right now I do about 8-10 strict bb shrugs on a average day).

Right now, I'm just trying to concentrate on bringing everything up evenly, and not increase bf too much in the upcoming bulk period, so this hopefully helps fill out the "gaps".

Peace,
    GNL
    I figured. Haven't been back to SU in a while. Graduated in '98. Still have some buds up that way tho.

GNL
    Good stuff Wiggum. You're the first SU bro I "ran into" on bbing boards. Small world right?

GNL

No doubt bro. Definitely a small world.

Where are you living now?

GNL
    I live in Syracuse. Been living there for almost 10 years now. I don't know how familiar with the area you are, it's around Salina/E. Colvin area. I'll tell you, it's a nice, safe neighborhood with friendly people.

GNL

Check your pm.

Wiggum

Thread Information