Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED

My Picts/Need Advice

I am 28, 5'7", about 150-153, waist is always 28" and have always been natural. My body fat is pretty low, like 6-7%. I'm a competitive gymnast and I've been doing weights for about 2 years. Normally my abs look way better than the pict but I've been slacking off from doing ab work, haven't done abs for about 6 months. My goal is too get 165-170 lean, no more than 30" waist.

That's why I was thinking of doing a cycle. I met someone who is doing one and he told me I'm 1 cycle away from being big.

What do you think? Should I go for it and do a cycle? I train very hard. I hit weights in the morning 5-6am before work and after work I have 4 hours of gymnastic practice. It's hard for me to gain mass because of my training schedule. I tend to burn everything off. I appreciate any response.

I added a picture of my back. I think I need a lot more back work. My back is the slowest growing part of my body. Suggestions for thickening and widening my back? Not bad for natural???

I just wonder how I would look if I did a cycle. I really want to do it but I don't want to screw up my body.
    Last edited by Carlos_E; 05-24-2002 at 07:50 PM.

man yoy look awsome.. i dunno bout doin a cycle ... but its your choice... how big do you wanna get

I want to put on 20 pounds of lean muscle.
    Last edited by Carlos_E; 05-23-2002 at 03:12 PM.
    Muscle Asylum Project Athlete

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    I would not use AS yet as you seem to be gaining alot without it..

VERY GOOD BRO.........

RiptUp is offline Junior Member
    You look good bro, forget the AS, you don't need them. You look better than most people who use them all the time.

Good job!

FHSAA CHaMP is offline Junior Member
    How long have you been in gymnastics?

Steak Helmet is offline Associate Member
    Carlos,

Looking damn good.

As far a cycle goes, think it over for a while longer and read some information on AS.

MAke sure you know what you are getting into and not just taking it because a guy at the gym said so. Do it for you and only you.

EDUCATE YOURSELF FIRST

jasonembassy is offline Junior Member
    Who look great bro. We are all striving to have the look that you already have.

Way to go. Why do want to get bigger if you're looking this great already? Awsome Bro!

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    RIPPED!!!

Looking sweeeet bro! Great job on those abs!

ripped_82 is offline Member
    I would like to welcome you to the board and say that you have a great physique, and seem like you very disciplined in regards to training and diet. I personaly do not believe that you need AAS, however, it is your choice. If you feel that you want to do it, and have given it plenty of thaught and ressearch then go for it. If you are not yet shure then stick around Anabolic Review and keep reading, you will learn a lot and make up your mind with certanty

What exactly does AAS stand for? The reason I am thinking of doing a cycle is to gain more muscle mass. I want to get 15-20 bigger and still be just as lean. What kind of cycle would I need to do to gain 15 pounds of muscle? Would that require more than one cycle if I'm training extremely hard? And also, what's a good cycle for a first timer?

FHSAA CHaMP: I've been doing gymnastics on and off since I was 6 years.

jon
    jon is offline Associate Member
    Looking good bro, what are your stats?

BathBeachBoy is offline New Member
    You look really good, I dont think you need any "help". Whatever your doing it is working. Lean muscle mass looks good, thick muscle mass just looks fat (IMO). Good luck to you......

BBB.....(I'm Cool)......

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    He included his stats above. Look'n huge bro! I agree with a couple of the others, if you want to do a cycle then GO FOR IT! No doubt you will benefit from it with the frame and discipline you have.

BUT, before jabbing anything in your body, RESEARCH, RESEARCH, RESEARCH. There is a "search" key at the top of the screen that will help get you going with your research. Read up on first cycle advice, bulking cycles, cutting cycles, etc. Then after figuring out a few ideas that YOU feel comfortable with, come back and post and let some of the experienced bros critique and make suggestions. In the end, you are going to be the only one accountable for your decisions, so make educated decisions regarding steroid use . You obviously have been making VERY educated and intelligent decisions regarding your body up to this point, so I doubt this will be a problem for you. The more educated you get, the more comfortable you will be when you jab yourself for the first time! We ALL started off not knowing anything about gear, so don't let that bother you. It is a never ending learning process between the gear and your body. You have made the right choice by coming here and asking questions before just going off and starting something without getting many opinions.

Peace and good luck to you!

ttgb

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by Carlos_E
    What exactly does AAS stand for?

And also, what's a good cycle for a first timer?
    Anabolic and Androgenic Steroids

You look fantastic now, but a good begiiners stack would be:

weeks 1-4 dbol @ 35mg/day
    weeks 1-10 test @ 500mg/week (sust, enth or cyp)
    weeks 1-10 deca @ 400mg/week (or maybe EQ)
    weeks 1-10 arimidex @ .5mg/day (will keep water retention to a minimum and prevent aromitization....NO gyno )

week 13 clomid day1 300mg, 100mg/day next 10 days, 50mg/day next 10 days.

Jett is offline New Member
    Are you sure you want to do that, you say you do gymnastics, now, Ive only been doing high school gymnastics for 2 years and your a vet compaired to me, but in my experience 15-20 pounds can be a pretty damn big difference especially if you gain it quickly through the use of AS. In my opinion you look awesome, and dont really need anything to add to it, but it is your body, just think of the consequences before you make such a decision. And of course, have you thought about changing your weight lifting routine? That could be what is holding you back from gaining any mass too. I mean, if you just change what your doing now maybe you can get bigger and at the same time adapt progressively in your gymnastics skill so you dont screw your performance over a mass gain. Just some advice...

...also my first post, been lurkin around for a while, found this board to be a great place, no trolls and a positive attitude!

gymnut4u is offline Member
    You are solid and cut bro , good job , keep packing it on !!!!!!!!!!!!

I just added a picture of my back. You can tell I don't know how to poise. I took the front one about a month ago. I think I need back work.

Jett: If you train weights make sure you stretch a lot so you don't lose flexibility. I stretch during workout and after. I get in a few handstands as well. :-)

broncojosh is offline Senior Member
    Bro, very good look. Very symetrical. 20 pounds of lean muscle would make you look increadible. At 28 you are physically ready, but only having 2 years of weight training, I think you could get where you want without juice. Either way, you look great...well done

demetri is offline Member
    I think you look awsome as you are and there is no need for you to do a cycle.

If you want to I say go for it, you'll most likely have great results ... but if you put on 20 pounds won't that impact on your abilites as a gymnast? That extra weight is going to make your gymnastics harder.

If you're thinking of quiting gymnastics and consentrating on weights thatn I'd say you should wait a bit as you'll put on more muscle from just having reduced your training (chances are you're over training a bit).

If you're hell bent on doing a cycle (I was and I did) then I think 6 weeks of V (50 mg every second day) and 6 weeks of primo (an amp a week). I found that I was able to put on size and look awsome with that stack.

My best results were with Deca (150 mg /week) and Winstrol (50 mg twice a week). I was looking a little puffy and not that hard ... well not until I came off the Deca. I did the two together for about 6 weeks and stretched the V for two more weeks past that.

wonderful world of oz,where juice is free,plentiful,sterile, and not toxic to the liver
    Bro I think your body looks fantastic. Your body type is not exactly what I prefer but im sure most of the ladies would all agree that it is desirable. Anyhow,if your overall goal is to obtain 20 pounds of lean mass with minimal waist enlargement then I say go for AAS. You seem to know very little about AAS but you are a step above the rest, you found the haven of endless knowledge and philosophy on training,nutrition,rest, general bullshit,photography ratings, and pharmesuetical grade sports supplementation. The point is; you've taken the first step. You have acted off of your interest in juice and definately took a step forward. Now is the time to take a leap. You ask how to leap forward, well here it is; stay on AR and read and read and read some more. when you have found a good beginner's cycle post up what your new 10 week life will consist of and gain your 20 pounds of lean muscle. However,it is in my personal experience that only about 10 pounds should be expected on average from each cycle. I actually gain about 20-25 pounds on each cycle but after cutting it'll end up being around 10 lbs. Well welcome aboard and hope to see you often.

nyteen27 is offline Junior Member
    You dont need it

BiggerBri2002 is offline Senior Member
    Dude,

You look awesome NOW...I really wouldn't do a cycle if I were you....I pray and swear everyday of my life to look as good as that.

I guess none of us are ever truly satisfied!!!

Thanks for all of the positive feedback. I decided to hold off doing a cycle and see how much clean weight I can put on in 2 month naturally. I have a diet plan where I eat every 2 hours. :-) If this doesn't pack on the pounds then I'll have no choice and I'll go ahead and do a cycle.

freakout is offline Associate Member
    Keep pumping hard. Hope to hear more from you.

Dark is offline New Member
    You are looing awesome bro, excellent seperation and definition.

recent pict

This is the most recent pict taken last month at 170. I'll post a few more with leg picts once I hit 180s.

Your definitely looking bigger bro, keep up the good work!

txtumbler is offline New Member
    This is my first post, but since I am a former gymnast I feel complelled to speak.

First, your body looks great as is. If you do a cycle, your will experience some incredible gains, but they will come at a cost -
    it will dramatically impact your gymnastics. Your timing will get noticably slower. Your tumbling may get higher and more powerful, but also slower and the added strain on your joints will definitely increase your risk of an ankle or wrist injury. I also experienced a thickening of my my waist by about 2-3 inches. Handstands will be more difficult to balance. Pommel horse will also put a lot of strain on your wrists. The added stregnth may allow you to muscle everything, especially on P-bars and rings, but overall your going to end up over-stressing your body. Gymnast have to walk that fine line between maximum strength with minimum mass. The biggest thing that I noticed was that the extra mass made everything I did take a lot more energy and my stamina suffered. Tumbling became so laborious that I lost my desire to do it, and it had been my favorite thing to do. Also expect more rips on high bar from the added friction on your hands.

You should seriously consider what your goals are. You maybe able to do a cycle and keep you caloric intake in-check and try to stay in the 6% bodyfat range. You strength would increase and your gymnastics wouldn't suffer too badly, but you won't get the same mass and size gains you would if you really ate well and lifted hard. It's your choice, but I don't think you can have your cake and eat it too.

That's my input.

alevok Guest
    You keep coming back better each time, good progress bro.
    Excellent size, sliced and diced!

SANDERS is offline New Member
    CARLOS,
    LOOKING HUGE BRO!!!
    STAY PUMPED !!

Commando_Barbi is offline AR's Arresting Angel Vet
    I am by no means an expert....but you look fantastic to me. Whatever you are doing....stick with it.
    1. Once a cheat always a cheat!
    2. YES, SHE can get pregnant the first time!
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

What the mind can conceive....the body will achieve!

Destructo is offline Associate Member
    Hey Carlos,
    Just last year, I ripped out my right shoulder and came to this board for support. I had already been researching AS before I found the board, but a few moderators really cleared up my head on the subject. My gymnastics competition is finished- my shoulder may never really be the same. I'm 173, 5'6", ripped, and natural...still. Some guys on the board here offered rehab advice for my shoulder. This,With the kind of training I was used to enduring, my shoulder is at least moveable again. I'm about to get a job with Cirque du Soleil (the pay is awesome), so I am going to do a cycle to bring my strength past the last milestone. No one thinks I need it. But it hurts to do presses, planches, or ANY swings. The only events that are still easy are floor and pommels.
    I need the extra strength in my shoulder, and I need to rebuild all I lost. I don't really want any more size or weight. I know that would probably work against me- especially now.

tatty is offline Member
    Carlos, definitely looking huge. Wow, I remember being around the same weight as you when we both first posted, but boy you ripped it up.

KEEP it up!

Originally posted by Commando_Barbi
    I am by no means an expert....but you look fantastic to me. Whatever you are doing....stick with it.
    Thank you very much, I appreciate the encouragement.

BostonBobby is offline Associate Member
    Bro your black how the hell did you get that dark...

Originally posted by BostonBobby
    What the hell kind of question is that? In the pict I have a slight tan but that is pretty much my natural complexion. I dont' get your question.

BostonBobby is offline Associate Member
    whoops wrong thread my B...

Originally posted by BostonBobby
    I don't know what the hell he's asking here!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information