TBB2003 is offline New Member

Question Give me some comments and suggestion,plz?

I'm 16 years old,150 IB, 5"5. Just a beginner, i know i look bad for 5 months of training..someone has told me that already,however; i need some suggestions of how to bulk up without gaining extra fats..
    comments and advices are needed! Thanks

btw, the pix were taken about 1 month ago, i look very bad in those pix...also, in real person...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Give me some comments and suggestion,plz?-sidetris.jpg  

here comes another....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Give me some comments and suggestion,plz?-relaxed2.jpg  

i was nervous for the pic shot....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Give me some comments and suggestion,plz?-fronlatsprea.jpg  

i didn't really flex...lol
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Give me some comments and suggestion,plz?-frondbiceps.jpg  

broncojosh is offline Senior Member
    bro, why are you so down on yourself? You are 15, give yourself some time. You look like a healthy guy, and seem ready to get at it!!! Read all you can on here, and you will be on your way. Welcome to AR bro!

thanks for the encouragement,bro..
    here's my back pic (didn't really know how to pose )
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Give me some comments and suggestion,plz?-baclatsprea.jpg  

B_1
    B_1 is offline New Member
    EAT EAT EAT EAT EAT EAT EAT EAT EAT EAT EAT EAT EAT EAT EAT

I've been wondering is it really true that if i wanna get ripped and buff, i need to eat more and more and train harder each day???
    just a dumb question of mine..
    peace

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Be patient, work hard and EAT! Your diet plays a big part of it. Eat healthy foods, stay away from fatty junk foods and keep lifting. With in a year or two, you'll be buff. And don't be so hard on yourself, you're just getting started.
    Muscle Asylum Project Athlete

goldenFloyd is offline Member
    yea bro. some good steps to take are:
    1) EAT: eat every two hours and make sure you are getting enough protein. Shoot for 6-8 meals a day. This does two things: one it gets you the protein and nutrients you need to GROW and two it keeps your metabolism up by eating more often. Shoot for 30-40g of protein with each meal.. tuna, chicken, eggs, milk, these are all good things.
    2) TRAIN: to GROW you will want to make sure you are training HEAVY. Since you have only been training for a relatively short amount of time, make sure you have the correct form when doing your exercises. You don't want to sacrifice form and safety for weight, but you do want to challenge yourself hard everyday at the gym. Keep your workouts between 45-60 minutes and try to workout 5 times a week. my split it chest, back/bis, shoulders/tris, legs (even though it is four different workouts, I still go 5 times a week at least). this is just what i do, keep reading this site to learn about what will work for you.
    3) REST: do not make the newbie mistake of overtraining. whatever your hectic life may be like, make sure you are getting enough sleep. you grow while you sleep and your body repairs itself, this is a key component not to skimp on.
    4) EDUCATE: read everything and anything and increase your knowledge of training techniques, dieting and nutrition, and available supplements. It comes without saying that you are too young for sauce, but you already knew that. Look to glutamine and maybe creatine first, but you will grow if you just watch the basics and work hard.

listen to broncojosh. don't be so down on yourself. you're a young guy and you came to the right place to learn and grow and get educated.

good luck bro.

YOU CANNOT PREDICT, YOU CAN ONLY PREPARE.

goldenFloyd is offline Member
    oh yea, make sure you do two more things:

1)DRINK A LOT OF WATER.
    2)TAKE PROTEIN AFTER YOU LIFT... asap (40+g, get it with a shake or meal)

Thanks for the encouragements,guys. your replies made me more into bodybuilding, although i have to admit that i have so much to learn, i will take your words and work toward my goal..
    i'm now half way into a 4 weeks program..with 4 days splits, and it seems like my body reponds well to it..
    hopefully i will get another photo shot in two weeks...let you guys see the improvements

Iron horse is offline Anabolic Member
    I second all these opinions. When I was 12 (not that your 12) but, it looked like I was bound to be the smallest guy in high school. Now it's not like that at all.... bascialy all Im saying is you'd be surprised on how far you can go.

Eat lots of food, make it your main goal during the day, HOWEVER, don't eat lots of junk food. Maybe buy a weight gainer and have a big shake to start your day.

the more muscle mass you develope the easier that fat will leave.

protien's now your new best friend, same with heavy weights. Get to know them even better then before. bust your ass!!!!!!!!!! we want an update in a few months on how things are going!!!!

Iron horse is offline Anabolic Member
    just a side note: When I said bust your ass in the gym, that means not to overtrain, but be very focused an intense, blast some tunes while your in there if you can. My workouts are shorter than a lot of guys I think, but they work for me since I go all out and Im very intense and focused. Plus I don't take any breaks hardly.

keep hydrated as well!

SmallWonder is offline Banned
    STAY OFF THE AS.................

B-BOY is offline Junior Member

Thumbs up NO NEED TO WORRY

hey bro you are ok don't be so hard on yourself, like everyone is telling you, youve got to eat bro and i mean some seriouse cals. you are only 16yrs old and if you lift hard and heavy you will not gain much fat due to you young ass metabolism, ok check this out when i was a sophmore in high school i was 5ft5 132 and when i was a senior i was 5ft5 190 i was not very solid but i built a foundation of muscle and strenght that i would later sculpt into a masterpiece, so you have to build that solid foundation now and by the time your 20 you can worry about cutting up and looking good for the ladies.

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by SmallWonder
    STAY OFF THE AS.................
    Where did he say he wanted to do AS. I suggest you re-read the post.

Thanks alot for the advices and encouragements,guys...
    I recently found i made a good progress through my current routine..
    and my friend wants to sign me up for a contest in november..but i'm totally lack of confidence as you guys could tell..she just keep convincing me to join..since everything has to be a "first time"..
    well, i will start a routine of preparation, and have you guys to decide for me, if i should take the first shot in november,..thanks..

Thanks for all the encouragements, i will post some pix after current routines..i think i made a great progress through this program..

Nate_Dog is offline Member
    Originally posted by B_1
    And then eat some more!

Vegas Kid is offline Senior Member
    Yeah you look fine bro. Hell you're only 15 you have plenty of time to grow. Wondering why you want to bulk up, your sig says you're a swimmer. I used to swim when I was your age and being big and bulky is not going to help you much in that department. Do you swim competitevly or do you want to concentrate on lifting only?

Darkknight442 is offline Associate Member
    Yeha man like everyone else says, you look like you got a really good frame for lifting. Your not fat at all and your not like reallly skinny. You have just the right size! I would be glad your getting into body building now. 15 16 is the perfect age. you should get good pumps when your at the gym. I started onlye when i was 19! Some poeple here evern later. So just keep workign at it. And do not just listen to one persons advice. You have to take everyone adcie into account. You never know what works for your body> You get me? You have to try different work out routines. And i don't mean every week. try one routine for a month or two see how it works. Just keep training and keep all the arb/cals up, but try and keep the fat down. i know its hard but WHO SAID DEDICATION WAS EASY?? lol. good luck man If you ever need anything just PM me

Darkknight442 is offline Associate Member
    Man and i know you didn't say you wanted to but just like someone said (iam too lazy to scroll up and see who it was lol) Stay off the steriods , cause the more you read on here and the more you see people at the gym it can get tanatlizing. Don't get me wrong roiids are not bad for you if you do them properly at the right age.

easy

sav22 is offline Associate Member
    Like everyone has said before, keep up the good work and enjoy the results! You've gained my respect for just putting up a pic, not sure if I could do it...remember everything comes with maturity...so just read and lift and you will see the results you want. Great job!

Thanks,guys...I've gained so much confidence since i posted my pix here...Thanks alot...I just got into the last week of my current work out routine,and i will take one week off...also, i'm trying to make up a brand new routine for summer...
    can anyone offer me some effective exercises for Thighs,Hamstrings,Calve,Delts,chest,abs,and back..
    thanks alot...

Vice is offline Associate Member

advice

if you want a quick spirt try creatine by prolab (creapure) and train as cosistantly as possible. eat well. i.e. chicken , fish potatoes etc.
    lots of protien, this is very important for lean muscle gains!you look iight for 5 months........keep up the good work!

Re: advice

Originally posted by Vice
    if you want a quick spirt try creatine by prolab (creapure) and train as cosistantly as possible. eat well. i.e. chicken , fish potatoes etc.
    lots of protien, this is very important for lean muscle gains!you look iight for 5 months........keep up the good work!
    Thanks,vice. your reply really encouraged me!

z67enforcer is offline New Member
    You don't look like 150 pounds, assuming your 5 foot 5.... More like
    115-130

Originally posted by z67enforcer
    You don't look like 150 pounds, assuming your 5 foot 5.... More like
    115-130
    I don't think i look like 150 lb in those pix either..
    so maybe you are right,man

celly510 is offline Junior Member
    your probaly due for a growth spurt some time soon.

lextheflex is offline Junior Member
    Just
    Last edited by lextheflex; 11-05-2018 at 04:16 AM.

Pitbull is offline Junior Member
    You will achieve you're goals if you believe in yourself and never ever let any one else tell you otherwise . The best thing about lifting when you start out is that almost anything works as the other guys already said keep your training intensity up and the volume down as not to overtrain
    I also started at your age and found that 3 sets per exercise , 3 exercises per bodypart was more than enough . Just don't ever be scared to try something new as this is the way that you learn.

Hope to see you on the olympia stage some day bro !

Rocket is offline Senior Member
    Dude you are 15 years old and have a lot of time to train and grow in the future, I am 44 and still have not got where I want to be. So take your time train and eat smart. Eat lots of protein, do heavy compound movements... the gains will come and keep comming as long as you train and eat!!!!!! Good luck!

Rocket

like lots of ppl have already said just keep on eating man maybe get yourself a good weight gainer but im also 16 bro and im not huge either so dont get so down on yahself everything comes in time

Thread Information