Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator

Petes back 06-12

I know I'm no Big Kev or Dr. Derek but I hope the size is coming along. Although I'm leaning out somewhat I still have about 15-20lbs until I get where I want to be. Ultimately I would like to compete @ 190-195lbs shredded. I'm about 235lbs here. Let me know if the shape and thickness are decent enough. If so, hopefully it will project well on stage when much leaner. Sorry about the quality
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Petes back 06-12-petes-back-06-12.jpg  
    Last edited by Pete235; 06-12-2002 at 11:23 AM.

One more. Damn I'm fat!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Petes back 06-12-petes-back-06-12c.jpg  

For those who don't know, my goal is to compete as a light heavy in April of 2003. I have a notoriously slow metabolism and have a very hard time dropping wieght (fat). I don't want to comprimise LBM so my plan is to maintain a strict clean eating plan 5-6 days per week (I'll go insane if I don't get to cheat a little) and try to drop 1lb per week. When October hits I will tighten the diet up even more. I'm guessing my BF to be around 18% (maybe 19-20%) and need to be 4-5% for the show. That will put me at the top of the lightheavies.

broncojosh is offline Senior Member
    you're wide bro!!! Nice spread. Keep busting ass, and that tight diet, and you'll be oiling up in no time!!!! The doc and bigkev better watch out!!! Here comes "Peterbuilt"

Massive G is offline Junior Member
    Good thickness and width, i think your back is a lot wider than you are showing in those pics from your hand positions-it takes a lot of practice to pose and stuff...but I think you can bring more of the lats out with a little different technique.

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    Originally posted by Pete235
    One more. Damn I'm fat!!!
    Bullshit Pete! I call that THICK, not fat bro. Nice mass. I can't wait to see you at 195. Damn bro, you're gonna be freaky. Keep it up.

peace,

ttgb

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator
    Pete you for sure have good amount of mass going there, I trade you arms if you want? I think your on track with your plan, ideally i would work hard on getting your back as wide as you can helps with the X shape a great deal. Just keep doing what your doing and experincment with your diet so you can dail in.

O ya start hitting rear delts a bit harder too.

I would work on quialty right now over mass.

Butch is offline Anabolic Member
    Pete looking good bro! And i agree with everyone else...where's the fat? Good luck on obtaining your goal for October.

Originally posted by Butch
    And i agree with everyone else...where's the fat?
    Well, it accounts for about 20% of my bodyweight and I'm not happy about that. That is my best guess anyway, does that sound reasonable?

Oh well, it's a work in progress, I have a goal in mind and will keep working towards that. Thanks for the compliments, and remember I can take the bad with the good

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    Petey my man!!! Your back is looking fantastic!!! Very thick and dense muscle you have there. You will be totally ready for April 2003. By setting a goal for losing 1lb a week..you shouldn't lose any LBM. IMO you couldn't do it a better way. To many people drop so much weight and so little time they end up looking flat. You will not have that problem. Take it slow and you will be a freakshow!!!!!!

Keep us posted on the progress and keep up the hard work it will all pay off. When we get a little closer to the show date let me know the details...I will head up and check it out..I wouldn't miss it for the world.

Shredz

wild-one is offline Female Member
    Holy shiat Latman! ......Nice spread....I agree w/ the rear delt comments too, ya need to bring them up a bit...but otherwise, very awesome!

bigkev is offline Scamming Traitor
    petey, you dont give yourself near the amount of credit you deserve! you have tons of mass and appear to be right on track for your show. like EC said, hit the rear delts harder and go for as much width as possible. also practice your lat spread everyday, its a hard pose to master but may be the most important of all the mandatorys. way to go big guy!!!

bigtraps is offline Member

Thumbs up

Tons and Tons of mass there Pete....My hats off to you. You are doing incredibly well.

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    Gosh damn you Pete. You look seriously awesome. Your back is like a freaking superman cape. Does Bert just use as an umbrella when you go to the beach?

Seriously man. You're back is large and in charge. I guarantee you are going to do some damage when you take the plunge into competing. You are thick, muscular, and like bigkev said WAY TO HARD ON YOURSELF! Shit man, I'd fucking kill to be that big. Losing fat is the easy part, you just run on the treadmill and watch some carbs. Gaining muscle is the hard part, and you have done that...VERY WELL. I definately wouldn't stare you down if I was walking down the street. You'd squash me with your index finger.

Keep thuggin bra.

freakout is offline Associate Member
    Wow!

Great back. Honestly, you are not fat and you are just one step away from your best form. Do not give up and still love that back of yours....

Bert2 is offline Female Member
    You're too big! You take up too much space in the bed! Stop growing, I'm not buying you anymore new shirts!

Just kidding sweetie, you know I like em big and beefy!! Plus I see how you bust your ass in the gym night after night. I'm proud of you! See, I'm not the only one who says you're too hard on yourself.
    It's supposed to be hard! If it was easy, everyone would do it! It's the "hard" that makes it great!

Quad is offline Female Member
    Originally posted by bigkev
    petey, you dont give yourself near the amount of credit you deserve! you have tons of mass and appear to be right on track for your show.
    Took the words RIGHT outa my mouth!

Looking good Pete!!!
    Hey I see you cut your hair!!!
    Winners never quit...Quitters never win!!!

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    Hey Pete235, great work so far, looking Wide no doubt about it, once you lean out for the show and the detail comes out, watchout you are gonna look excelent...and kick some ass.............good luck on you diet, keep working hard and have fun with your cheet day!!!...........XXL

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by Pete235

Thanks for the compliments, and remember I can take the bad with the good
    Ok, Ok you want the bad...............You really need to get a tan on the back of your neck bro. I mean damn its not like you live in Canada.

Be more positive bro you look great. In addition to looking great you have a wife who is supportive. That in it's self is priceless. Mine is never. I better stop Im freshly off clomid.

specwar is offline Junior Member

Cool

Hey Pete, awesome back. Looks like the Aircraft Carrier angled deck. Keep up the good work. Wish I have some of those mass. PEACE.

ripped_82 is offline Member
    Well it seems to me as if you have it all planed out, and know what you have to do to achive success. One thing that you will notice when eating strictly for a while is you wont need a cheat day eventually, and will almost feel guilty for having one

LightSnack is offline New Member
    JESUS!!!!

What do they put in the water up there in Canada?

Dr. Derek is offline Member
    It's about time. Your looking thick in that pic bro, your back is wide, and thick, which is a difficult to achieve at any level of comp. But what I more impressed with is those tris, I mean shit those things are hanging. Good job, be optimistic, your going kick so ass at the show. Good luck and keep giving us pics as you progressively get leaner.

Steak Helmet is offline Associate Member
    PETE

LOOKING GOOD. Nice and thick. When you lean up for the contest, you will mentally feel better, but until then, don't worry about it that is why it is called a bulking phase.

KEEP IT UP!!!!!

SH

primodonna is offline Female Member
    I'll take your arms, if you don't mind???

Awesome---wide and thick back...never seen you from this angle before

Keep it up...your dieting plan will all fall into place when it needs to...

Sounds like we have the same ultimate goal...to compete at 190 shredded
    What happens here, stays here

IwillGrow! is offline Junior Member
    Your back is huge anyone can see that! Work on your pose it sucks!
    I wish you the best bro!

eradikate is offline Senior Member
    Pete, your back is freaaakiiiing wide as hell bro!! i saw your other pics when you were 175, and wow, you put on some serious muscle on yourself. oneday man...i will be as big as you bro. keep it up mang, you OBVIOUSLY are doing the right thing

B-BOY is offline Junior Member

good job pete

you got to give yourself more credit bro, its not easy getting that kind of mass, hell anyone can be skinny and ripped but have mountains of muscle and ripped well thats a whole other world bro and your about to land on that planet, your looking great keep up the hard work and continue to bust your ass, and you will achieve what you want....good luck bro.

Thread Information