redrock is offline Member

Can you see a difference in my pics? Opinions wanted!!!

I am kind of in between a bulking and a cutting cycle. I am eating 220-250 grams of protein a day. I limit my carbs on non training days but on training days I eat plenty of complex and fiberous carbs. I am trying to slowly lose bodyfat while I try and put some lean mass on. I think I am going to continue to hit this program hard and then next feb. I will start a traditional cutting program for 3 months. Opinions wanted.

6'2"
    215lbs. 1st pic. 203lbs. 2nd pic.
    BF% ??? And guesses?
    Arms 15" cold
    Quads 23" L, 22" R
    Calves 16"
    Last edited by redrock; 03-27-2013 at 06:54 PM.

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Try again bro...pics didin't post.

Try this again. Hey Pete235, can you delete the other duplicate thread? Thanks bro...
    Last edited by redrock; 03-27-2013 at 06:55 PM.

Vegas Kid is offline Senior Member
    You've put on some size since March. I think you should work on losing some of the fat, then your muscle underneath will show a lot more. Cut back on the carbs and do some more cardio. If your bf% drops I'm sure you'll look bigger cuz it will be muscle showing.

good luck bro

fliprock is offline Junior Member
    YES!
    lats look bigger!

Thanks for all the kind words guys. I have been doing my cardio. I am just a little leary about losing too much size. I know what I have been doing in the last 4 months and I have been busting my ass. I just don't want to do too much cardio and be counterproductivce. But on the same token, I want to lose the fat. So i have been trying to hit cardio 3-4 times a week. I just have to stick with it, that's the hardest part. REDROCK

Originally posted by Diesel
    Just my .02 bro.

I would forgo the cutting. It is already July so getting ripped for this summer may be out.
    However, if you spend the next 8-9 months bulking, you will look very impressive next summer.
    Good call Diesel. I was just thinking about this the other night. I am going to stop eating totally strict like I was but I will still eat clean and do cardio. Will I still be able to lose bf even if it is slowly? I know that I can bulk and still get down a little closer to 12% bf. Any ideas?? REDROCK

Gene is offline Associate Member
    If you have your diet down flawlessly, people with high bodyfat (no offense intended) have been shown to be able to gradually loose fat while GAINING (or at least maintaining) all of their muscle mass. Forget about very strict cutting for this summer, make your goal for next summer and you'll look excellent, if you do the right thing from now till next summer that is. But you can do it!

A_Nice is offline Associate Member
    I can definately say you look significantly bigger in your second pic. However, like they said the body fat will hide those gains.

To be quite honest, I come from another school of thought... Cut down the BF first then go for your mass. From a motivational standpoint, being able to see those muscles you worked so hard for will keep your interest up instead of wondering all the time if your getting bigger.

Cut it down then pack it on is what i say, but to each his own . I think your making progress so keep at it!
    Last edited by A_Nice; 07-08-2002 at 03:39 PM.

sav22 is offline Associate Member
    You're definately making progress so keep at it. I agree that you should keep cutting up cause you're already a big guy. Whether it's summer or winter you'll be looking and feeling good about yourself. That's what it's all about.

letmein is offline Associate Member
    You can gain significant size in 3-4 months of training and eating. You might consider a 12 week contest prep diet now to motivate you by seeing your base clearly and then spend 3-4 months after the first of the year getting big. Then just do the 12 week gig again and BANG you are big and ripped for summer '03. You would be shocked at what a good 12 week contest prep plan can do!

Thread Information