Skyman is offline New Member

I need some recommendations

Im 6'1" 165, I cant gain weight! Im so skinny and frail its sick. I just got over a broken wrist so Im smaller than normal. Ive tried deca about 2 years ago, but soon as I got off I lost what I gained. Im not into abusing my body, so non-roid supplements would be nice... Any suggestions?

Im eating like wild......
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I need some recommendations-im000204.jpg  

This is after pumping up lifting of couse.

$uperman is offline Member
    how old are you and how often do you lift ?

Im 21, I lift 5 times a week...

Also when I took the deca it was just 50mg 3 times, I couldnt handle the needles.

Sky

netwerk is offline New Member
    You're not into abuse'n your body yet you've taken deca ? Makes no sense....anyhows..I don't think that's abuse'n your body to begin with. You have a good base to work out...you're shredded already.

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    Post what you are eating, and i'll be the judge if you are eating like mad...most people that say that, are NOT eating nearly enough to promote any segnificant lean muscle gain...so let's see it Bro...this is NOT a flame, just constractive critisism...

...other then that you are looking good Bro, nice round shoulders, lean, good chest and abs...keep at it...XXL

Dan3814 is offline Junior Member
    Dude... You got a good foundation to build on, already cut and some what vascular... Maybe a short cycle of dbol and sus... I dont think that would be abusing your body... If not, have you tried any creatine??? Believe it or not that shit works, just look at the Cell tech ads You dont look like the type that puts on body fat easily either, eat like its going out of style...

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    Bro, you're fine the way you are if you ask me. Wicked base. You may be 165lbs but don't let the numbers fool you. You look as though your body fat is extremely low, so look at it like this. you have more muscle on you than someone who's 200lbs with 25% body fat. That's good! Stick to what others say with the massive eating and the weight will come.

skid is offline Banned
    though you want more, don't knock what you already have: a great lean muscular build that looks better than 90% of the population ...

now that I've gotten my Positive Mental Attitude message in, you're on the right track ... eat heavy (including plenty of protein), lift heavy, and give it time ... quality gains take a while - every time I've had an extended absence, it takes about 3 months before my body starts responding ...

and keep comin' back to stay motivated ...

Gene is offline Associate Member
    Originally posted by MIKE_XXL
    Post what you are eating, and i'll be the judge if you are eating like mad...most people that say that, are NOT eating nearly enough to promote any segnificant lean muscle gain...so let's see it Bro...this is NOT a flame, just constractive critisism...
    well said bro... you're right about 90% of the time.

Thanks a lot guys from the compliments. I should hopefully be puttin on some size here.

Ive tried creatine and it ALWAYS gives me bad cramps eventually.

As for my diet, here it goes...

Breakfast : Oatmeal, ~8oz Steak or Chicken, 2 glasses and a 300 calorie bagel.

Lunch: Double bacon avocado chese burger & some fires

Lunch2: I have a lighter meal, some tacos/enchiladas

Work out

I snack 1 or 2 times after work out. Some yogurt, meat, probably 400-500calories.

Dinner: I have a full dinner, salad, steak, potatoes.

Bed: I try to take as much Serious mass as I can drink, but im usually really full.

Sky

Last time I tested my body fat is was at 4.8%. I know I am higher than that now, cuz I am eating a lot more and not working out as long or as intense. Whats a good # to shoot for 6.5?

Sky

maguilagorilla is offline Associate Member
    dude you look pretty good.... but what type of exercise did you do to get that extra pair of arms?!

Tystick is offline Junior Member
    Not that I am an expert, Because I have been battling the same thing for over four years. However, I think you should start by adding alot more protien and carbs (both clean) to your post workout diet, and some fat for good measure. In addition try throwing some Glutamine on top whenever about 10-20grms.

wow man you look bigger then 165 shredded

adaptations is offline Member
    your taller than me....Weight 20 lbs less that me....Yet you still look bigger than me.....quit yer complaining...lol you look good bro...

Thanks a lot guys, Yeah everyone says I look bigger than 165, and I think so too, I just have light bones or something, haha.

Im gonna pack on the protein, well see what happens in the coming months. I post new pictures as I notice a difference.

Oh thats my girlfriend standing behind me, haha.

Sky

alevok Guest
    you are looking good
    who is behind you anyway?

Your diet has some problems.

You're probably taking in around 2500-3000 calories, too much of which is fat and high glycemic carbs (steak fat, fries, potatoes, 300calorie bagel ???? nothing good about that). If I'm wrong and you're taking in more than 3000, then its still probably due to the fat anyway.

Get yourself some protein powder for the day and dextrose for after workout. And for god's sake throw in some pasta, and lots of it. Make sure you are getting 250 grams protein per day (100g+ from powder)otherwise you won't gain any "good" weight. Also have a protein shake in the middle of the night if you begin to stagnate.

good luck

I had a bad problem digesting any kind of protein. I will try whey again, but it hurt me before. Im taking serious mass at night, which has an amount of protein in it. I dont see how you can possiblity assimlate and use 200+g of protein a day.

Thx,

Sky

Originally posted by Skyman
    I had a bad problem digesting any kind of protein. I will try whey again, but it hurt me before. Im taking serious mass at night, which has an amount of protein in it. I dont see how you can possiblity assimlate and use 200+g of protein a day.

Thx,

Sky
    You can absorb 200g in one sitting if you wanted to

If you have problems digesting protein, go to a doctor and check your kidneys. Otherwise, get a good protein powder... the end.

Absorbing, and actually utilizing it are two totally different things. BTW your kidneys don't do the digestion.

Sky

Thorazine is offline New Member
    Gaining weight is a pretty simple concept. You have to take in more calories daily then you expend.

I'd say your maintenance caloric level is ~2000 calories a day. If you want to gain, shoot for 2500-3000 calories a day.

Protein and carbs contain 4 cals per gram, while fat is 9 cals per gram.

This is why you need not only a lot of protein, but a lot of carbs as well. 200 grams of protein + 300 grams of carbs + 50 grams of fats = ~2450 calories. So by upping your protein another 100 grams or so, you'll have some added growth benefits.

Thorazine

Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    Bro you look pretty good.... Got a nice frame to build on that's for sure.... Lean and muscular.... How big do you want to get?

defdaz is offline Associate Member
    Bro,

You look great, a fantastic platform to build on.

If you have problems eating much protein in each sitting then a suggestion would be to eat smaller amounts but more frequently.

Make up a protein drink in bulk - about two pints or so and take it with you whereever you go. Sip it throughout the day inbetween your meals and without you even realising it you'll have added lots of protein to your diet with minimal side effects - HOPEFULLY.

Also, you don't seem to be getting in enough carbs immediately after your workout - you can get lots of energy drinks so just drink one of these - keep trying different brands until you find one you like that doesn't make you feel sick.

Train Hard!

Daz

Rich8888 is offline Member
    You need to add more quality calories. For your age, size and body type, you probably have a very high metabolism. Add at least 2 more full meals that includes protein and carb. don't worry about too much carbs, you look like you can handel all the carbs that you want to consume. Most important to gainsize is pack on the protein, lift heavy, cut back cardio to 2 times per week. Try this for about 6 weeks and see how much you pack on. Good luck, bro.

Thanks for all the helpful info guys. Im packed in so much food yesutday I was about to puke last night. ha!

I had 2 tacos in the morning, steak and cole slaw for lunch. 1000calorie 50g protein shake after that. Then some more steak and noodles in the afternoon, then I got a hamburger w/ bacon. Later I ate 2 turkey patties, and then had a full dinner steak/potatoes/salad. I think I'm beginning to see a little gains over the past two weeks. I'll keep ya all posted. Oh yea, I also started cell-tech yesturday. So Ill see how it all goes.

Sky

Needtobeswoledup is offline Associate Member
    Hey bro you wouldn't by chance be skyman from mustangworks?

Sure am :-D

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    Like everyone else said, I don't know why your putting yourself down! Your looking great! You nice and lean, and you got a great foundation! Take it easy, make sure your wrist is fully healed and just lift hard! Your diet seems good, but try to cut out the fast food. Some fish/chicken in there would look good

Stay natural for a while, keep lifting hard, no need for juice as of yet. Your doing a good job so far, keep it up.

Needtobeswoledup is offline Associate Member
    Thought it was you. I go by FivepointOH on there. Like somone suggested earlier try waking up the middle of the night and downing a protein shake... i found this helped me a lot when i was trying to bulk. You dont look bad though and look a lot thicker than 170.

sonic is offline Female Member
    You're still full from your last meal, at bedtime? Try to put 3-4 hours between your last meal and bed then maybe you can suck down the weight gainer with some whole milk.

Thread Information