crazie russian is offline New Member

New Member 18/Natural

I'm new to the board, I've been working out seriously for about one year now. I'd like to hear any kind of criticism about what i need to work on to look better. I am currently redoing my whole working and working on cutting so any advice would be helpful. Currently my stats are as follows:
    Height-6'1"
    Weight-240lbs
    Arms-18.25in
    Chest-46in (not sure on this one)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Member 18/Natural-body1-10-13-02-.jpg  

also I'm not sure exactly what my bf% is
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Member 18/Natural-body6-10-13-02-.jpg  

thickmass is offline Member
    When you say working out "seriously" for one year, just when did you start working out originally?

pic 3
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Member 18/Natural-body8-10-13-02-.jpg  

pic 4
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Member 18/Natural-body4-10-13-02-.jpg  

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Lookin' great brah! Keep up the good work - you have a great foundation started. 240lbs is a admirable natural size. I bet you could cut up to 220lbs and look fantastic. I would guess you are about 12-14% BF.

anything that i could work on or improve upon Warrior

thickmass is offline Member
    Lats and upper chest

Well you seem to have made the transition to advanced nicely. Your "waste time at the gym and bullshit" must have catapolted you out of beginner and your year of intensity seems to have leaped you into advanced... or at least nearly advanced. Be sure that with your fast development you start utilizing advanced techniques to keep growing.

Be sure your legs are developing too. The human body wants symetry and you could plateau simply by neglecting legs. No pics of legs so I assume they may not be getting their due attention.

oh where would i be able to buy those books you have listed in your sig

Originally posted by crazie russian
    What exactly do you mean by saying "using advanced techniques"
    Splits and techniques that work for different levels. As you progress and become stronger your training should progress too. The same training split can not carry an athlete through a lifetime of bodybuilding.

I buy most of mine at Amazon.com - I have a huge collection... that would be bigger if my buddies could remember to return them.

I just picked up another good one by Tudor Bompa the other day at Barnes and Noble called "Serious Strength Training" that has been an EXCELLENT read so far.

ok, yeah i'm currently restructuring and tuning up my workout. Do you know anything that would help with the symentry of the lats. My left side jets out from my rib cage yet my right side is just lagging, also the serratus anterior is visible on the left side yet not on the right.

For symetry you can use dumbells. For back - dumbell rows. Otherwise use the mirrors - they are not just for your inbetween stud posing . Use the mirrors to watch that your form is correct and not favoring a side.

Hammer Strength can help with that too. NEVER load one side with more weight thinking you will bring up a lagging side - that theory is rediculous. Always use equal weight and perform the same amount of reps for each side. If one side fails - they both fail.

one guy i know at the gym told me that if one bicep is lacking that you could put the foot of the lagging arm forward when doing barbel curls and shift your weight more toward the leg thats forward as aposed to shifting more of your weight to your back leg. Not sure if this would work let me know what you think.

one guy i know at the gym told me that if one bicep is lacking that you could put the foot of the lagging arm forward when doing barbel curls and shift your weight more toward the leg thats forward as aposed to shifting more of your weight to your back leg. Not sure if this would work let me know what you think.
    I don't believe in favoring a muscle - ever. It could end up becoming a worse condition. Considering a muscle can easily get stronger without any hypertrophy is one reason for that. Always train them equally and one side will always be the same as the other... or at least catch up with proper equal form and reps.

Just watch for favoring and proper form in the mirror and use more dumbell work beginning with the weakest side first.

Nilsson is offline Associate Member
    crazie russian, you look real good, u have lot of mass, now all you need is to ger cut If i was you, i would hit my trapz xtra hard for a while.

Thanks Aragorn. I don't really know what the guys problem is I'm just trying to get some constructive help. Wonder if his account was just made for that purpose since he only has 4 posts total.

sicilian40 is offline Banned
    SEE THATS WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT BROS! POSTITIVE CRITISISM PEOPLE NOT RIDDICULE! BUDDY DONT MAKE FUN OF CR CUZ I GUARANTEE YOU IF YOU WERENT BEHIND YOUR COMPUTER AND CR WAS ABOUT TO KNOCK YOUR BLOCK OFF YOU WOULDNT SAY THAT NOW WOULD YA?! DIDNT THINK SO PUTTANA!

Aragorn is offline Senior Member
    Tell us your routine, diet, and goals again...then tell us what you think you need to improve on...strengths and weaknesses. We'll work from there.

Aragorn

exaclly what he said bro, but just from eyeing your pics i think upper chest and lats wouldnt hurt.

i am a patient man, but CR shoot me a PM

Ok well first I never mentioned anything about AS since I have to yet fully reached my total natural level. But anyway I am thinking about competeing in my first contest in May so I'm not sure how far in advance I should prepare because I want everything to go well. Diet consists of high protein I wrote down the numbers somewhere gotta look it up. I try to keep my carbs low but find it hard at times.

bigpump9 is offline New Member
    here is my advice if u are willing to listen, you up the cals every week, untill u see increase in weight, make sure to do cardio on empty stomach, usually when u wake up.... remember high calories with high protein will lead to mass gain, not fat gain........ make sure u supplement with l-glutamine, very important, and ofcourse what i meant by high cals
    i don't mean pizza,burgers, lean foods, pasta and brown rice is a must also...........

bigpump9 is offline New Member
    If u planning to go natural, definately use eca stack for 5 weeks before comp, ephedrine,caffeine,aspirin, it works wonders........ I mean ask more specific question, because i can write about contests prep for ten pages!!?

well how would a typical diet change when you approach contest time. Also you still didn't state the board you are mod for.

Aragorn is offline Senior Member
    just curious what board are you a mod on
    I'm curious as well.

Aragorn

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Constructive criticism is always welcome on AR - personal attacks are not tollerated.

bigpump9 - I dont have time to delete such crap very often - please dont make the same mistake again - its much easier to delete your account

Thread Information