NaturalNoobie is offline New Member

Cut or Bulk? Critique my 6 1/2 month natural results inside

Hey everyone, looking for some advice. I feel I have a good grasp on the diet part of my routine, although I cheat a little too much and I drink on the weekends. That's more of a discipline problem though.

I have a back issue I was born with. So I am unable to do squats and deadlifts without risking serious injury. I've been able to put on some decent size on my back and legs, but I'm looking for some alternative workouts where my back being rounded isn't an issue.

Anyways onto the pictures.

First before picture is kind of useless, but it gives you an idea how lean I was. 6'2' about 150lbs, maybe 10% bodyfat.

Second pics I took recently. Approx. 205lbs and maybe 18% bodyfat. I gained way too much fat, but I figured I could always lose it eventually. As long as I was gaining muscle mass I figured it was ok.

So, you think I should continue to bulk or clean it up and start cutting? I'd like to lose some fat and be a lean 220 in the next 2-3 years naturally, and then who knows maybe even a cycle.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cut or Bulk?  Critique my 6 1/2 month natural results inside-chest.jpg   Cut or Bulk?  Critique my 6 1/2 month natural results inside-backtrap.jpg   Cut or Bulk?  Critique my 6 1/2 month natural results inside-pre.jpg  
    Last edited by NaturalNoobie; 12-01-2008 at 07:24 AM.

Deltasaurus is offline The Over Analyzing Nattabolic
    Good Work keep it up, NOW CUT!!!

Any other advice? Anyone here think I should keep bulking?

just trust me bro get down to 10% bf before u bulk...and ALWaYS LEAN BULK no need for extra fat

-AJ

rhino1 is offline Anabolic Member
    Im not sure about cutting or bulking....One thing i am sure about

YOU NEED TO FVCKING SHAVE....

^^^^^lmao

clockwork_killer is offline Associate Member
    tht was so funny fvckin hell haha, and yer if u cut u wud look good mate

mperk is offline Member
    What's your age, dude?/ i'd say cut now too get the BF down to 10-12% then bulk again. i bet if you do a really clean diet and workout hard, you could get there in 3 months. that fat, being new is going to come off easy - just watch the diet closely so you don't loose too much muscle. For your next bulk try for a clean one and you will pack on some serious muscle on your way to 220. NICE work! & Good luck, bud!

Quote Originally Posted by rhino1 View Post
    Im not sure about cutting or bulking....One thing i am sure about

YOU NEED TO FVCKING SHAVE....
    LOL, not a fan of shaving my legs. I know I'm a hairy bastard, maybe if I get some big ol legs one day I'll shave em.

Quote Originally Posted by A2thej2008 View Post
    just trust me bro get down to 10% bf before u bulk...and ALWaYS LEAN BULK no need for extra fat

-AJ
    I hear ya. I've always considered myself somewhat of a "hardgainer". My weight fluctuates a lot if I miss a couple meals here and there. I'm worried about trying to cut and lose muscle mass. I'm gonna go by the "gain lean muscle mass diet" thread in the diet section and ramp up my cardio to 45 minutes X4 a week. I'll make this thread a little log and post update pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by mperk View Post
    What's your age, dude?/ i'd say cut now too get the BF down to 10-12% then bulk again. i bet if you do a really clean diet and workout hard, you could get there in 3 months. that fat, being new is going to come off easy - just watch the diet closely so you don't loose too much muscle. For your next bulk try for a clean one and you will pack on some serious muscle on your way to 220. NICE work! & Good luck, bud!
    I'm 26, and thanks. With my genetics and metabolism I don't think it will be possible for me in 3 months, that would be awesome though! I'm definitely still a NOOB. I need some more "muscle maturity" I guess you can call it, before I hit those kind of numbers. That's what I was told anyways, thanks for the advice and vote of confidence.
    Last edited by NaturalNoobie; 11-13-2008 at 07:51 PM.

Here is a new back shot from tonight, I love bulking but I'm gonna take everyone's advice and start to cut.
    Last edited by NaturalNoobie; 12-01-2008 at 07:22 AM.

mperk is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalNoobie View Post
    I'm 26, and thanks. With my genetics and metabolism I don't think it will be possible for me in 3 months, that would be awesome though! I'm definitely still a NOOB. I need some more "muscle maturity" I guess you can call it, before I hit those kind of numbers. That's what I was told anyways, thanks for the advice and vote of confidence.
    Hey bud - it's totally possible especially where you are at now. It's tough though and you have to be 100% on top of your diet. check out the CKD diet - it's amazing. you'll be surprised how good you can do!

jp7499 is offline New Member
    i understand what you mean when you say say you love to bulk . as for me it is so much easier to bulk than to cut.keep up the good work

korsow is offline Associate Member
    I am one that believes in NOT shaving, unless your gonna go compete, just let the hair grow out bro and dont wory about not being "metro sexual" enough lol

wanabeMASSIVE! is offline Senior Member
    nice work b!

gst528i is offline Senior Member
    Exellent progress in only 6 months..... very impressive.
    keep it up ...

liftohio is offline New Member
    Hard to tell, those pictures are rather limited in what information about your build they convey. So: check your bodyfat and then decide based on that.

BIG_TRUCK is offline Member
    Lean Bulk... Eat high clean calories, along with cardio here and there.

rhino1 is offline Anabolic Member
    yea....you need to CUT....YOUR HAIR! and bulk your muscles...who knows...lean bulk

my idea of a lean bulk is eating HUGE while on Test e 1gm/wk and Tren E 800mg/wk

Well what I've been dreading has happened, I injured my back. I was told by my doctor not to lift heavy due to my condition from the start. Oh well.

mperk is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalNoobie View Post
    Well what I've been dreading has happened, I injured my back. I was told by my doctor not to lift heavy due to my condition from the start. Oh well.
    Major bummer man - try accupuncture - get a weight belt - it will change your life! Go for it man!

Thread Information