Alfred is offline Junior Member

New member - first pics...

Hey, im 18, 6'2'' 216lbs. Ive only been working out for about 5 months. I dont know what my bf% is, but i know i need to drop it. Please critizise, but dont be too mean

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New member - first pics...-1.jpg  
    Last edited by Alfred; 10-20-2002 at 03:30 AM.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New member - first pics...-2.jpg  

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New member - first pics...-3.jpg  

wonderful world of oz,where juice is free,plentiful,sterile, and not toxic to the liver
    Wasup bro welcome to the board. It looks like you have a good frame to build muscle on but now is the time to utilize the most out of your new found hobby. To successfully become a competitive/recreational bodybuilder you must administer 5 points into your everyday life. If you follow even 3 out of the 5 to the fullest of your capabilities then you are bound to grow and grow and grow. However, if you make the most out of all of these you will become great.

1. Nutrition. - to fuel your body. Nutrition has been said to be 60- 90% of bodybuilding.

2. Training. - to break down your muscles and stretch the fascia so that you can utilize number 1 to rebuild your muscles bigger then before.

3. supplementation- to provide your body with proper nutrients needed when your nutrition does not provide enough

4. Rest- To enable your body to use the nutrition that you worked so hard to obtain to rebuild your muscle

5. Consistancy- keep with it and dont give up, never give up,true you will have hard times and weeks where you feel like you are doing it for nothing but believe me it will be worth it and you will change for the better, good luck bro and shoot me a pm or post on the open board for any help

I know i need work everywhere.. but what area do you guys think i need to target the most ?

Cruezer is offline Banned
    love the joe boxers lol

tatty is offline Member
    Welcome to the board. Well, getting right to the question, I think your chest and delts could use alot of work, although I'll bank on the fact that your quads could probably use a lot of work too...

In either case, you know what you need to do, get to it! With a frame like that, you'll be huge and jacked in no time. Guaranteed.

good luck

looks like you have a good base to build on man

Rocket is offline Senior Member
    Welcome to the board bro, you have a nice start on your goals, Eat clean with lots of protein atleast 250 grams a day, train heavy with compound movements and you will get bigger and leaner!

Rocket

Originally posted by tatty
    Welcome to the board. Well, getting right to the question, I think your chest and delts could use alot of work, although I'll bank on the fact that your quads could probably use a lot of work too...

In either case, you know what you need to do, get to it! With a frame like that, you'll be huge and jacked in no time. Guaranteed.

good luck

Thanks. My legs are the last thing that need work, years of soccer and hockey made them the biggest part of my body, if they wernt so hairy id put a picture up. What should i do for delts, i havent really worked them that much, just like raises and stuff ? and all 3 benches for chest ?

I get my BF tested in 2 days, il let u guys know what it is

Aragorn is offline Senior Member
    Welcome to AR

You'll love it.

Aragorn

And just to clear things up, im not the average teen who comes here saying they are doing a cycle and they dont care waht u guys think. I was interested in doing a cycle but after talking to alot of you guys im gunna wait til im at least 21 (im 18 now and starting to work out consistantly again... ive even made big gains since i took these pics)

Aragorn is offline Senior Member
    I didn't see you where Canadian! Welcome fellow Vancoverite!

Aragorn

Langley

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    You just started brotha. Read, read, read and ask, ask, ask. Learn.

Don't worry about symetry at this point - but work your body as a whole. You are far from worrying about symetry. Use lots of compound free weight movements as your major exercises.

WORK YOUR LEGS! I don't give a flyin' fuck how long you played soccer or whatever... the testosterone and all around hormone boost you get from a heavy leg day pays off through out your body.

123A is offline Junior Member
    welcome

majorpecs is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    Originally posted by st82hellnbak
    To successfully become a competitive/recreational bodybuilder you must administer 5 points into your everyday life. If you follow even 3 out of the 5 to the fullest of your capabilities then you are bound to grow and grow and grow. However, if you make the most out of all of these you will become great.

1. Nutrition. - to fuel your body. Nutrition has been said to be 60- 90% of bodybuilding.

2. Training. - to break down your muscles and stretch the fascia so that you can utilize number 1 to rebuild your muscles bigger then before.

3. supplementation- to provide your body with proper nutrients needed when your nutrition does not provide enough

4. Rest- To enable your body to use the nutrition that you worked so hard to obtain to rebuild your muscle

5. Consistancy- keep with it and dont give up, never give up,true you will have hard times and weeks where you feel like you are doing it for nothing but believe me it will be worth it and you will change for the better!
    AMEN brother, couldn't have said it better myself. These 5 points are the entire key to the whole show ...DIET is by far #1 on the priority list, followed by the other 4 points. Awesome post Str8!

ripsid is offline Senior Member
    Alfred welcome! Basically if you've only been lifting for 5 months or so you need Everything, and I don't mean that as a RIP on you. Find a good steady beginners workout and follow it for like 3 months then switch it up to kick in some serious muscle shock. Follow st82hellnbak's 5 goals find a solid work out, set a goal and kick it's ass!
    There are some real good workouts out there if you look you'll find one!
    I'd suggest find a good split to start maybe the basic: chest/tri , back/bi
    shoulders/traps and then legs also do 3 days of cardio. Find your comfort zone gain some strength and go at it.
    Most important though is a good diet! and Rest!
    Then you will be able to find your real weak points! Good luck bro, Welcome and push it!

I tried doing like an incline curl sorta thing, i can still feel it, its awsome.

I got my BF Tested today, 20%
    168Lean LBS
    43Fat LBS

majorpecs is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    Originally posted by Alfred

I got my BF Tested today, 20%
    168Lean LBS
    43Fat LBS
    if this is true then that is NOT you in the picture!

lol, yeah it is, i promise

il try and take some more pics within the next week

cold measurments...
    biceps 15.5"
    wrists 7"
    forearms 13"
    chest il get soon, need somone else to do it
    calf 17"
    thigh 25"
    i wear size 36/38 pants but il measure my waiste soon...

Thread Information